You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure New Jane Jensen game and Kickstarter campaign

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2012, 12:30 PM   #501

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov View Post
A really nice article (that includes an interview with Jane) has just been posted on Forbes.com.

Unfortunately when Jane did that interview, she wasn't able to talk about the new studio yet! But the coincidental timing was great, anyway.

They should have received the press release, yes. But thanks for mentioning it, I'll follow up with them.
Beautiful article. With articles at major game news sites, the publicity is there. Let's continue to represent Jane as best we can on other message boards and websites!

It seems to me Moebius will receive the most votes. I personally would love to see a Gray Matter 2 as the first game Pinkerton Road develops. I loved GM and the story ended with so many possibilities to explore the origins of one particular character. I'd love to have some more closure to Sam and David's stories.

While I want to vote for GM2, I will probably cast for Moebius because, as much as I disagree, I acknowledge that Moebius will have broader appeal for the comparisons to GK, even though Gray Matter has very similar metaphysical aspects to GK storytelling. The most important thing is starting the studio. Each of these three game concepts will most likely be developed within a couple of years.

I cannot wait to receive the pdf. This is such a truly amazing thing, to get first hand information from Jane about her game concepts. Never would I have ever dreamed having this kind of interaction with her. Some people are really missing out, but there's time to make a pledge and get on the backers list by 9pm EST tonight.

"You ever wish you could just follow your instincts, live for the moment?" - Gabriel Knight

Now playing - Legend of Grimrock
Need to finish - The Whispered World
Finished - Botanicula, The Journeyman Project 3: Legacy of Time
Up Next - A New Beginning, Monkey Island 2 Special Edition
Anticipating - Asylum, Bracken Tor, The Last Crown
Old 04-13-2012, 01:43 PM   #502

Regarding those people who didn't like GM and are thus not confident in Jane doing anything other than GK -

First of all, Jane was involved in stuff other than GK - KQVI (considered by many the best in the KQ series), PQIII (or was it II), again - seen by lots of classic Sierra fans as the superior installment in terms of story quality and design. Also a couple of 'kids' games - e.g. EcoQuest and Pepper's Adventures in Time (both of which I found very good, especially the latter) and she has many credits in many other Sierra classics too (I *think* Laura Bow maybe?).

There are also the books she's written etc..

So bottom line it's not just GK - which to me is a good enough reason (I love each episode in the trilogy equally, could never choose between them).
Old 04-13-2012, 03:27 PM   #503
Tea & Cookie Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by inm8#2 View Post
I cannot wait to receive the pdf. This is such a truly amazing thing, to get first hand information from Jane about her game concepts. Never would I have ever dreamed having this kind of interaction with her. Some people are really missing out, but there's time to make a pledge and get on the backers list by 9pm EST tonight.
I am so superexcited too!!
This is gonne be so FUN
Old 04-13-2012, 04:15 PM   #504
A.A

I think I'll vote for Moebius.

Generally speaking I'm not a fan of sequels. Of course, it's different with Jane, but a brand new story from her is too exciting to refuse.

Anglophile Adventure...not really my cup of tea, but for her sake I hope she gets to make it someday anyway. Definitely different, at any rate.
Old 04-13-2012, 05:26 PM   #505

PDF is under the updates! Backers only!

This is really, really impressive. Sad that I have to vote for only one game, but we'll get all three hopefully in the near future.

"You ever wish you could just follow your instincts, live for the moment?" - Gabriel Knight

Old 04-13-2012, 05:40 PM   #506
never stops believin'

I voted for Anglophile Adventure.

I feel like a giant contrarian. All looked really cool and interesting. As I mentioned in the KS comment field, I don't like the character of Malachi.

I think I'd get the biggest kick out of AA, but I like the idea there are w...oh wait, am I giving stuff away?

Sorry.
Old 04-13-2012, 05:45 PM   #507

Just voted for Anglophile Adventure too. It's her best, more original idea but it seems to be losing to the Gabriel Knight knock off... Oh well.
Old 04-13-2012, 05:46 PM   #508
fov
Rattenmonster

Argh... I can't decide! I want them all!!
Old 04-13-2012, 06:22 PM   #509
A.A

I actually changed my mind and went with GM2, because of the expanded story outline.

Really thought it sounded fantastic, the whole outsiders in a hostile town angle, and seeing as how much I loved the first game it was a no-brainer in the end.

Moebius just has that...I dunno, potential to be a bit too far-fetched. That sounds stupid, probably not the word I'm looking for. Just the premise didn't excite me as much as the premise for GM2.

Not much of a fan of the main character for Moebius either. I mean, from what little I saw/read anyway. I'm sure he'll be fine if that's the game that wins, but yeah, I went with the sequel in the end.

Anglophile Adventure, I don't mind the look of, but romance isn't exactly my thing. Very vibrant though, it has to be said. I like that.
Old 04-13-2012, 06:47 PM   #510

Gray Matter 2 really is the most appealing story to me, but I love all three concepts. I think Anglophile Adventure sounds amazing, but for the Kickstarter it's not going to have as broad appeal as the other two games.

I also decided to vote for GM2 after all.

Old 04-13-2012, 06:50 PM   #511

I like that there was a second question for people to give their opinion on each game, rather than just voting for one. That'll allow her to see what appeal each idea has.

I had a hard time deciding what to vote for. I wanted to go with Anglophile Adventure, just for kicks (and because I'd like to see Jane Jensen do something different from the whole paranormal mystery stuff at some point), but I don't want it to win because I'm afraid it'll put some people off. And I didn't want to vote for Moebius, because it's the one that least appealed to me, somehow. I was almost going to vote for GM2, as a kind of middle ground (and because it seemed intriguing), but then I thought that Moebius was going to win anyway and went with AA.

I really hope she ends up doing all three eventually.
Recently finished: MCF: Escape from Ravenhearst [+], The Walking Dead, ep. 1 [+++], Gray Matter [++]
Old 04-13-2012, 08:05 PM   #512
Adventure Gamer for Life

I voted for GM2. I really liked the story and characters in Grey Matter and desperately want more of them. Moebius will probably win, and if that helps get this funded, I'm fine with that. I would be thrilled to have any of the three games to play. But since I have that emotional connection to the GM characters, I had to go with my heart.

Just managed to DL the PDF, and excited to read it.
Old 04-13-2012, 08:16 PM   #513
fov
Rattenmonster

I voted for Anglophile Adventure. I love Jane's dark mysteries but my favorite part about GK (and Gray Matter too, come to think of it) is always the unrequited love between the protagonists. So I think that one could be fun. (I'm not really expecting it to win, though.)

But it was such a tough choice.
Old 04-13-2012, 08:34 PM   #514

Moebius caught my attention right away, more than the others, though Gray Matter 2 looks more intriguing to me than it did before. I have to admit that for a second I really did consider voting for Anglophile Adventure, just to give a boost to the underdog, and I bet it has a great story and would be a great change, so I hope someday it too gets made.

Definitely a tough choice, but to have the luxury of a choice is pretty awesome!
Old 04-13-2012, 08:42 PM   #515
Schattenjäger

Wow... the concept pdf sells these games so much better than kickstarter descriptions. I want all 3 of them now O_O

and the real fight looks to be for 2nd place... i would not have guessed it would be so close between GM2 and anglophile

Last edited by zane; 04-13-2012 at 09:16 PM.
Old 04-13-2012, 09:29 PM   #516

When I read the premise of Moebius and the name "Malachi Rector" I imagined he would be a middle-aged spectacle wearing bookworm/intellectual, kind of like Johnny Depp in "The Ninth Gate". I was actually let down that he looks like the generic handsome, young and square-jawed adventuring globetrotter(Indy Jones, Nathan Drake, Rick O'connel, etc). Is it just me who is somewhat disappointed by his characterization?

Anyway, I ended up voting for Gray Matter 2. Never thought I would, but it read like the coolest and most intriguing premise.

Last edited by Banter; 04-13-2012 at 09:50 PM.
Old 04-13-2012, 09:34 PM   #517

Also, let the speculation begin:

- That concept art with a woman running through the streets of modern day Venice and her water reflection showing a toga-wearing lookalike... you guys think the concept of reincarnation/past lives is going to be a part of the plot? Sure looks like it. Self-evident actually.

- And Gray Matter 2... it looks to me like this time occultism and history are going to play a larger role than science. We have witches, an isolated and forgotten scottish village, hereditary curses... that is why I voted for it. Sounds closer to GK than Moebius.

Last edited by Banter; 04-13-2012 at 09:47 PM.
Old 04-13-2012, 09:34 PM   #518

Default Really want Jane Jenson' CSG (Community Supported Gaming) to succeed

Sorry if this has already been posted, and I'm sure most who come here know about it but -

They're a little over halfway to their goal, and only have 35 days left.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...-2012-2013-csg

Thanks
Old 04-13-2012, 09:37 PM   #519

Yeah, there about 3 or 4 threads concerning the subject...
Old 04-13-2012, 10:05 PM   #520

Gray Matter 2 sounds the most intriguing to me! But I haven't played the first one, and I don't feel I can vote without having played it. So I'll do something about that now.