You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure New Jane Jensen game and Kickstarter campaign

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2012, 10:09 PM   #521

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banter View Post
Yeah, there about 3 or 4 threads concerning the subject...
I rather gathered that...
Old 04-13-2012, 10:13 PM   #522
fov
Rattenmonster

Thanks Loranna! Out of curiosity, where did you hear about Jane's Kickstarter? Over the last few pages on this (long) thread people have been speculating about how to spread the news even further, so I'm interested to know where people are first hearing the news.
Old 04-13-2012, 10:31 PM   #523
Schattenjäger

This "skipped question" stuff doesnt make sense.
EDIT: neeevermind, makes almost perfect sense now.

Last edited by zane; 04-13-2012 at 11:16 PM.
Old 04-13-2012, 10:42 PM   #524

I actually really like Malachi character in Moebius. Interesting description of him.

My vote goes to Moebius, looks to be really deep.
Old 04-13-2012, 11:07 PM   #525

I think the Moebius concept is essential to the success of the kickstarter fundraiser. It has the broadest appeal to the backers (who let's face it - want GK at all cost, even if it's a clone), and I actually think that if Anglophile Adventures won, there would be some substantial withdrawal of the pledged money from the project.

With that said, I voted for Moebius too, altough I love the concept art and plot of Gray Matter 2, which I'm sure it will be made in the next cycle.
Old 04-13-2012, 11:45 PM   #526

Before reading the concepts, I was sure I'd vote for Moebius, but Anglophile Adventure sounded so great that I changed my mind. It can't win, nor do I think it should because Moebius has more chances at being the studio's first success story, but I hope it'll make it second.
Old 04-14-2012, 12:12 AM   #527

I would be very dissapointed to see Gray Matter 2 being third. I hope that it will keep it marginal to Anglophile Adventure.

I knew that Moebius would win, but by that much? Is the word "2D" that magical, or did just very few people play Gray Matter?
Old 04-14-2012, 01:43 AM   #528

Why, on Earth, is everyone overzealous with Moebius? Because it's the closest premise to GK? Well, that ridiculous, it's like being enthusiastic if George Lucas was to announce he's working on a space opera that is similar to Star Wars (oh wait, that would be fun).

Of course, it's Jane's wish and i'm not saying it won't be a good game, but it's not a GK replacement.

The Biggest Adventure of the Past, Present and Future!
Old 04-14-2012, 01:46 AM   #529

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yachmenev View Post
I would be very dissapointed to see Gray Matter 2 being third. I hope that it will keep it marginal to Anglophile Adventure.

I knew that Moebius would win, but by that much? Is the word "2D" that magical, or did just very few people play Gray Matter?
Well the 2.5D in Gray Matter 1 was quite disappointing and throughout the whole game I kept on thinking "If only the game was in 2D then it would be amazing!" But I also voted Gray Matter 2 as my second choice. All 3 concepts sounded so good so it was very hard to vote.
Old 04-14-2012, 01:56 AM   #530

Quote:
Originally Posted by diego View Post
Why, on Earth, is everyone overzealous with Moebius? Because it's the closest premise to GK? Well, that ridiculous, it's like being enthusiastic if George Lucas was to announce he's working on a space opera that is similar to Star Wars (oh wait, that would be fun).

Of course, it's Jane's wish and i'm not saying it won't be a good game, but it's not a GK replacement.
Well...George Lucas never lost his Star Wars license!
I don't expect it to be a GK replacement. (Nothing can really replace GK)
However, similar themes do intrigue me...
Old 04-14-2012, 02:20 AM   #531

Quote:
Originally Posted by diego View Post

See the sig.

That's all the fan base cares about. GK. GK. GK. Give me GK. Gray Matter was very similar to a GK game, but it got no love because of development issues.

Also, please don't compare Jane to George Lucas, the guy with the least integrity on the planet.

"You ever wish you could just follow your instincts, live for the moment?" - Gabriel Knight

Now playing - Legend of Grimrock
Need to finish - The Whispered World
Finished - Botanicula, The Journeyman Project 3: Legacy of Time
Up Next - A New Beginning, Monkey Island 2 Special Edition
Anticipating - Asylum, Bracken Tor, The Last Crown
Old 04-14-2012, 02:28 AM   #532

I can understand the reluctance with voting for Anglophile Adventure. A major part of the synopsis revolves around the character wearing a disguise and... well, I won't go there.
Old 04-14-2012, 03:21 AM   #533
She Wants Revenge

Just looked them through myself and... oh my god! (even though I am an atheist)

I really want them all. I think I will vote for GM2 though since I'd like to continue the story as soon as possible.
Old 04-14-2012, 03:22 AM   #534

I voted for Moebius not because of GK, but because i really liked the concept - the main character and plot. The theme, the tone.

Moebius is not GK4, i don´t want it to be GK4. I want to to be Moebius. It´s own setting, it´s own story.
Old 04-14-2012, 04:18 AM   #535

Point is they all look interesting, MUCH more interesting than the info we had so far. I think I feel better about my pledge now.
Old 04-14-2012, 05:50 AM   #536

I hope that once the winning game is declared, AG will feature it high up on the hype-o-meter list on the main page, a place it most definitely deserves (and not just for baseless hype, of course!)
Old 04-14-2012, 05:59 AM   #537

Quote:
Originally Posted by azadragon View Post
Point is they all look interesting, MUCH more interesting than the info we had so far. I think I feel better about my pledge now.
The other point is that all three games will be made eventually anyway.
Old 04-14-2012, 08:21 AM   #538

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejobloshow View Post
The other point is that all three games will be made eventually anyway.
Not necessarily - that's a misconception I see going around. The only way all three would be made eventually is if this entire thing (studio, company etc..) works for Jane, and for it work we need her to raise at least 300k, and that's for just one game! Jane said she *might* ('might' means it's possible, but in no way guaranteed) do the game anyway even if she doesn't reach the goal, but not reaching the 300k goal would be a serious blow to the whole initiative, greatly jeopardizing the chances of seeing even two games, much less all three! Not to speak of the future of her company/studio.

Why is it so hard for people to get this? Even worse, I see the misconception spreading that all three games will be made if we get to 300k. Yeah, right.
Old 04-14-2012, 08:39 AM   #539
Schattenjäger

so if i understand this right from the site faqs... the skipped questions being negative represents votes that have been made but havnt been processed yet.... So we already have over 2000 votes ......................
Old 04-14-2012, 01:22 PM   #540
Life and times of...

Gah, I almost feel bad for having voted for Moebius. I really like all the ideas and I especially want Gray Matter 2, but my vote for Möbius was pretty much a "tactical" decision - I think this will be the most secure first release, as it's story-wise more safe than Anglophile, and being a first game (instead of sequel) doesn't require the kind of prerequisite as GM2 would, and also being 2D instead of 2.5D, it requires less technically, so they can maybe allocate their money on things other than technical stuff... Maybe even do something else too!

But I really want all the games!

And I'm hoping Jane also has sometihng up her sleeve she's not telling us about...