You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Game you're playing. How far you are.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2009, 11:55 AM   #1581
Random

I'm Playing Memento mori and enjoying it. Actually i'm on Act IV. It's pretty well designed, with my new hardware i can play it with full graphic specs! Beautiful graphics and nice gameplay btw. I hope it don't frustrate me like Still life II did...

Playing: Alan Wake
Last Finished: Black Mirror 2 (4/5)
Favorite: Grim Fandango, The Lost Crown, Twinsen's Odyssey, Metal Gear Solid series, Outcast, Syberia I & II.

Last edited by Denaron; 09-26-2009 at 12:09 PM.
Old 09-29-2009, 08:53 PM   #1582

Just started Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story. I've been playing for a while but still haven't even gotten Bowser's fire-breathing abilities back. I have a feeling this is going to be a looooong game. It's the first Mario & Luigi RPG I've played. I like it, but I already have a feeling it I'll quit before the end. I can't play a game longer than 12 hours without getting antsy to move on.
Old 09-30-2009, 12:39 AM   #1583

Lair of the Leviathan. Pirate faces.

Just finished:Jurassic Park, Mata Hari
Playing now:Assassin's Creed 2, So Blonde
To be continued:Final Fantasy 13
Old 10-04-2009, 10:29 AM   #1584
Random

Actually i'm playing Risen. Well, the engine is a little old for these days but the game is okay. I can't say much about it because i'm still the beggining. I've started without read any critics and players opnion, so I hope it don't desappoint me!

Favorite: Grim Fandango, The Lost Crown, Twinsen's Odyssey, Metal Gear Solid series, Outcast, Syberia I & II.
Old 10-05-2009, 12:37 AM   #1585

Sam & Max: Night of the Raving Dead

I just started this episode and frankly, I'm getting a bit tired of these games. I refer to them in the plural, because each episode literally is a different game, not like TMI where it's a continuous story.

At first I thought the different episodes would be linked together somehow, and perhaps that might still happen in the end (no spoilers please!) but already I have the feeling that it would come over as too fabricated. I might change my opinion once I've finished the season, but personally I lack the motivation to go on yet another different quest, searching the same old locations (the office and the street) for stuff I can use.

I like how you can see the impact of the previous episodes on the locations, but I can't help but feel some repetitiveness.

Just finished:Jurassic Park, Mata Hari
Playing now:Assassin's Creed 2, So Blonde
To be continued:Final Fantasy 13
Old 10-08-2009, 12:29 PM   #1586
Lazy Bee

Ouch, I'm so hooked on "Escape the room" games right now it's almost has become an addiction.
What next? Hidden object games.
Old 10-08-2009, 06:57 PM   #1587
Random

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
Ouch, I'm so hooked on "Escape the room" games right now it's almost has become an addiction.
What next? Hidden object games.
Do you know about tipping point adventure games? You should try it, i think you'll enjoy, i like these "escape from the room, island etc" games too.

http://www.tippingpointgame.com/

Old 10-09-2009, 05:33 AM   #1588
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denaron View Post
Do you know about tipping point adventure games? You should try it, i think you'll enjoy, i like these "escape from the room, island etc" games too.

http://www.tippingpointgame.com/
I have never heard of them before. I'm not sure I should check them out. What if I'm stuck!
Old 10-09-2009, 09:30 AM   #1589
Random

Quote:
I have never heard of them before. I'm not sure I should check them out. What if I'm stuck!
Hahaha! It's no big deal, they have a walkthrough and, if you want to, i can help you if you get stuck . You really should try it, it's a nice point and click game. I've finished all 4 chapters, i'm waiting for the fifth now.

Old 10-09-2009, 09:50 AM   #1590
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Hahaha! It's no big deal, they have a walkthrough and, if you want to, i can help you if you get stuck . You really should try it, it's a nice point and click game. I've finished all 4 chapters, i'm waiting for the fifth now.
Well, I actually meant stuck with another addiction! I don't think I can cope with more than one.
Old 10-09-2009, 10:19 AM   #1591
Junior Mint

TR Anniversary still. Despite having the worst camera ever in the history of 3D games, I like it. It's a pretty awesome remake of the original, and it's different enough to stand on its own.
Old 10-10-2009, 09:32 AM   #1592
Random

Quote:
Well, I actually meant stuck with another addiction! I don't think I can cope with more than one.
Ohh hehehe, i see. Ok then, you really don't know what you are missing, lol .

*EDIT*

Last edited by Denaron; 10-10-2009 at 05:56 PM.
Old 10-10-2009, 09:56 AM   #1593
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Ohh hehehe, i see. Ok then, you really don't know what you are missing, lol .
Well I've finished all of Neutral's escape the room games so I'm just about to check your link out!
Old 10-11-2009, 03:35 PM   #1594

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

After hearing wonderful things about it, here (Intrepid, if I'm not mistaken) and elsewhere, I'm playing Knights of the Old Republic. I've just entered the Black Vulkar's base to find the accelerator.

What can I say? Everything that has been said about this game is true. It's simply wonderful and it literally oozes atmosphere from every pore. Plus, and that is always a big, fat plus on my book, the writing is outstanding, really amazing.
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Old 10-11-2009, 06:38 PM   #1595
Random

Quote:
Well I've finished all of Neutral's escape the room games so I'm just about to check your link out!
Ok then, tell me what you think about it later!

Well i've started Resident evil 5 PC, just finished the first chapter. I'm so excited because i don't know how i could run it with maximun graphic settings, it has awesome graphics!

Last edited by Denaron; 10-13-2009 at 03:32 PM.
Old 10-12-2009, 12:22 PM   #1596
I changed my title

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaDraco83 View Post
... I'm playing Knights of the Old Republic. I've just entered the Black Vulkar's base to find the accelerator.
What can I say? Everything that has been said about this game is true. It's simply wonderful and it literally oozes atmosphere from every pore. Plus, and that is always a big, fat plus on my book, the writing is outstanding, really amazing.
I have also started KOTOR after hearing many great things about it but I had a very different experience.

While the writing is good, the rest of the game does not make up for it. Boring fights, constant going back and forth without a quick-jump map and the feeling that I both have too many options and too few at the same time. I felt like I was getting no reward for all the tedium - while Taris is pretty, most of the action happens in boring 'dungeons'.
Then after Taris I came to a sequence I couldn't overcome even with cheats (and I avoided using them for most of my playtime) and quit. I don't think I want to continue playing, even though I heard that the game gets better later on.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:24 AM   #1597

Well, aside from the rich, amazing writings, there are indeed many options, both in terms of morality and quests, allowing you to shape a rather unique character. The story seems good, if not groundbreaking, but the writing makes up for it and discovering the little stories behind your (potential) teammates is really priceless.

Spoiler:
Are you referring to the scoop race?
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Old 10-13-2009, 02:44 AM   #1598
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaDraco83 View Post
Spoiler:
Are you referring to the scoop race?
That was so easy it was ridiculous! That is, the required thing you needed to was easy. But the rest is optional and I had zero interest in pursuing it.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 10-13-2009, 02:46 AM   #1599
merely human

Erm, no. Not for me. But there will be male to male romance options for us gay players. And dragons for all!

In any case I am COMPLETELY STOKED for Bioware's next huge game, Dragon Age. I got it pre-ordered as well as the Prima strategy guide for it. 3 weeks left. I'm drooling as I type.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 10-13-2009, 02:51 AM   #1600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens View Post
But the rest is optional and I had zero interest in pursuing it.
What's the rest?

Spoiler:
I mean I had to run two times. One to set a first record that was then beat by a Black Vulkar and then a second time to beat said Vulkar, but was there more to the race than this?

PS: Oh, by the way, I can't wait for Dragon Age too! I already chosen my 'origin'!