You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Game you're playing. How far you are.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2010, 12:26 PM   #1781
kamikaze hummingbirds

By tomorrow, I may have Silent Hill: Shattered Memories on the PSP - I hear it's actually available at some places in the UK, now?
Old 03-03-2010, 07:46 AM   #1782
kamikaze hummingbirds

Silent Hill: Shattered Memories

I am liking, thus far.
I was somewhat cynical about the idea of remaking the first game, but from this game, I can safely say that it is a genuinely interesting reinvention - that is putting a good focus on the explorative side of the previous games.
If the main canonical series continues, I would say that this game's focus on exploration would be a good area from which to progress (probably reintroducing combat, rather than mad running away sequences though).
Old 03-03-2010, 03:28 PM   #1783
Super Moderator

Heavy Rain. Finished it once, now going back to trying things different ways.

If you have a PS3, do yourself a favour and play this game.
Old 03-04-2010, 04:10 PM   #1784
Under pressure.

I started playing Fahrenheit (or Indigo Prophecy). I know I'm a bit late to the party, but oh well...

First impressions: Clunky controls, annoying Simon Says sequences, confusing camera's in the indoor scenes (outdoor is doable), engaging characters, interesting plot, I like the quick decision making, convincing voice acting and animation.
Old 03-04-2010, 04:37 PM   #1785

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

I'm still playing Mass Effect 2. I'm too tired to go into details, so I'll just say... amazing.
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Old 03-04-2010, 04:44 PM   #1786
merely human

On my fourth playthrough of Dragon Age - female City Elf, Mage.

Bagged all companions except for Oghren. Alistair as boyfriend. Revived the Arl of Tight Pants (Eamon).
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 03-04-2010, 08:05 PM   #1787
Stalker of Britain

I swear, I have a love-hate relationship with the Sims 2. I'll become obsessed for awhile, then I'll become bored. Right now, I'm in the "obsessed" stage...
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 03-05-2010, 03:45 AM   #1788

Currently playing GK2. Now in Chapter 5, The Lodge. Also, halfway thru Casebook 0.
Old 03-05-2010, 05:26 AM   #1789

I've started "Secret Files: Tunguska". Trying to figure out how to get the cat back in the kitchen. Already made the brailer (there's a word in the English voc I've never encountered before!), and filled the porcelain bowl with water, though haven't yet found an application for either. Don't tell me, though!

I love how the inventory is always on screen and immediately applicable; certainly beats always having to click on an icon to call it up, then choose an item, close the inventory, see if you can use it, and repeat the process a dozen times.

I love the realism of this game, graphics wise. Really refreshing after the cartoonish Sam & Max and Monkey Island. Nina is a great character. I didn't like the way her dad looks in the opening movie, all stiff, dead-eyed and devoid of facial muscles. But all the settings look like real places. It's not completely real, you can clearly see it's still a drawing, but there's a great attention to detail.

Puzzles were pretty straightforward so far. I missed the carpet's edge in the bedroom, then I guessed the combination (but I immediately understood where the last number came from once I got it). Now I'm stuck, so I guess I'll just have to look around some more to try stuff, because I've already tried every intuitive idea.

Just finished:Jurassic Park, Mata Hari
Playing now:Assassin's Creed 2, So Blonde
To be continued:Final Fantasy 13
Old 03-06-2010, 05:36 PM   #1790

Default Heavy Rain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Baldwin View Post
Heavy Rain. Finished it once, now going back to trying things different ways.

If you have a PS3, do yourself a favour and play this game.
Actually, I was inspired to finally buy a PS3 today ... mainly so I could play this game. I heard so many good things about it and I'm just past the introduction. It really IS awesome. The realism is amazing!

Favorite Adventure Games:
Riven, The Longest Journey 1, Syberia 1 & 2, Grim Fandango, Still Life 1, Broken Sword Series, Lost Crown

Heavy Rain (Action/Adventure)

Last edited by AprilLives; 03-07-2010 at 05:56 AM.
Old 03-07-2010, 04:44 PM   #1791

After Heavy Rain definitely check out the Uncharted games. You (probably) won't be sorry. There's a demo for Uncharted 2 on PSN.

I'm back on Dragon Age. Changing my ending in preparation for the expansion pack.
Old 03-07-2010, 04:50 PM   #1792
Junior Mint

Titan Quest... I finally killed the Manticore for the first time! Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-08-2010, 11:09 AM   #1793
Cabbage Merchant

Send a message via MSN to HaroldO

Final Fantasy VI (Playstation): 43 hours of game so far.
Spoiler:
I have all 14 characters around level 41 and I'm finishing sidequests before heading to Kefka's Tower. I completed all but the tower of fanatics and the about strago avenging his friend. By the time I finish those at least Celes, Terra and Relm should already learned the best spells (Quick, Pearl, Ultima, Meteor, Life 3, Cure 3, Fire 3, Bolt 3, Ice 3...)

The Longest Journey (Windows): I'm taking this replay really slow, playing only a few minutes everyday. I stopped at Chapter 6.

Plants vs Zombies (Windows) I've already finished and have 75% of the Steam Achievements unlocked. I just play it to pass time occasionally and to get coins from my zen garden.
Old 03-09-2010, 08:25 AM   #1794
Random

I've started Assassins Creed 2 today. I've just finished the first memory "block". Bello Gioco!

Playing: Alan Wake
Last Finished: Black Mirror 2 (4/5)
Favorite: Grim Fandango, The Lost Crown, Twinsen's Odyssey, Metal Gear Solid series, Outcast, Syberia I & II.
Old 03-10-2010, 10:50 AM   #1795
Lazy Bee

Just started Still Life 2. Too early to pass any judgments.
Old 03-10-2010, 11:05 AM   #1796

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denaron View Post
I've started Assassins Creed 2 today. I've just finished the first memory "block". Bello Gioco!
It's Bel Gioco

In Italian, some adjectives, before a masculine singular form of a noun, lose their final sounds.
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Old 03-10-2010, 03:34 PM   #1797
Random

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaDraco83 View Post
It's Bel Gioco

In Italian, some adjectives, before a masculine singular form of a noun, lose their final sounds.
Ops, sorry!

I knew I shouldn't trust too much on google translator! Thanks for the information, though.

Playing: Alan Wake
Last Finished: Black Mirror 2 (4/5)
Favorite: Grim Fandango, The Lost Crown, Twinsen's Odyssey, Metal Gear Solid series, Outcast, Syberia I & II.
Old 03-11-2010, 02:05 AM   #1798

Secret Files: Tunguska - reached the cabin after making the man in the tent some medicine. I really like this game and its realistic graphics, though some puzzles are really maddening and I just solved them by pure luck (the safe? the coins?) I guess they're there to prevent people from going through the game too fast; I have this feeling there's not much playtime left and I'm heading toward the ending already, though I hope I'm mistaken.

Just finished:Jurassic Park, Mata Hari
Playing now:Assassin's Creed 2, So Blonde
To be continued:Final Fantasy 13
Old 03-11-2010, 06:28 AM   #1799

Send a message via AIM to Gledster Send a message via MSN to Gledster Send a message via Yahoo to Gledster

Currently coming to the end of Dreamfall: The Longest Journey. It's been a good game but these final few sequences are proving to be over VERY quickly, with little interaction from me.

Shame as I REALLY enjoyed The Longest Journey and want lots more!
Old 03-11-2010, 06:51 AM   #1800
Easily amused

I have 4 games on the go:
Myst V - have finished Taghira
Uru - have done the 4 ages plus the Path.
Trace Memory - on chapter 4
Professor Layton Diabolical Box - finished about 27 puzzles.