You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Game you're playing. How far you are.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2007, 11:06 AM   #581
Lazy Bee

Beneath a Steel Sky
I've reached ground level and just made it into the cathedral.
Old 04-03-2007, 09:59 AM   #582

Send a message via ICQ to JemyM Send a message via MSN to JemyM

Like I said in my last post, im currently playing the Oblivion expansions. I did Knights of the Nine and the first part of Shivering Isles today.
Old 04-03-2007, 01:01 PM   #583

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
I've just reached Day 7 of G.K Sins of the Father. I'm beginning to see the point of many, that stories like this (and the other G.K games) isn't made anymore. I'm so into the story I have trouble deciding whether to play non stop or to make this game last for as long as possible.
I like the variety of the puzzles and I find them fairly easy. Just as I like it.
I'm currently playing Sins of the Fathers. Good story, although some of the script is a little off, as is the graphics. I can't SEE some things clearly enough.

I'll write a reader review of this when I finish it.

Recently finished Shadow of the Colossus. Good game, terrible ending.
Old 04-03-2007, 01:07 PM   #584
Vigilant

Hey Jem, have you played OOO mod for Oblivion? Since you loved Gothic, you would appreciate the mod to its fullest because it removes the level scaling among many other things. BTW, I am also playing Oblivion's expansion and finding it to be a very entertaining addition to the game itself.
Old 04-03-2007, 10:37 PM   #585

Quote:
Originally Posted by TangentBlack View Post
Hey Jem, have you played OOO mod for Oblivion? Since you loved Gothic, you would appreciate the mod to its fullest because it removes the level scaling among many other things. BTW, I am also playing Oblivion's expansion and finding it to be a very entertaining addition to the game itself.
No, I havnt bothered. Chasing XP is not the part I enjoy about a roleplaying game. I enjoyed Gothic to the fullest because of the story and the characters. Oblivion lacks both. The story is weak and there's no NPC's that you care for, no friends, cardboard villians, noone to love. Beyond that the only thing Oblivion have is graphics and a world engine. I ran through the quests quickly and powerleveled to level 21 and feel satisfied with the fact that my current equipment take down everything in the game without much danger. Makes it quicker to get through the boring stuff without hassle.

I heard that Shivering Isles change this though, with "real" NPC's with their own story as well as a personal moral choice in which you wish to change the island, and that's what a RPG is about for me. I hope SI may offer me what Oblivion did not. The engine is too good to be spoiled any further.
Old 04-04-2007, 08:53 AM   #586
Party On Dudes

i've just completed Crackdown, it was fun but i wouldn't say it was 9/10 like xbox official magazine rated it. but there are some fun things to this game, and i like the fact that it feels like spiderman vs GTA. if there were missions to the game and enhanced interactivity then i'd definitely say it would have the potential to be a top game. as it stands it's quite plain and simplistic, but worth a rent i'd say.

www.myspace.com/rabhiphop
Old 04-04-2007, 04:35 PM   #587
Thats the ticket

Psychonauts : Damn that meat circus level. I hate these timed bodyguard type missions.
Old 04-04-2007, 07:59 PM   #588
delusions of adequacy

Just finished Cold Fear. After the Whaling ship the game stops being interesting or scary :/ Its generic but at least its done well (to a point). The sad thing is looking at the unlocked concept art movies. Why they abandoned some of the more interesting monsters and just had you backtrack all over the oil rig fighting the same old same old is a mystery. Well not really, I mean it is just another: Half-Life, Halo, Doom 3... If there was ever a concept that's been done to death by videogames its aliens/creatures from the deep possessing/reanimating humans. James Cameron has a lot to answer for.

I have Pandora Tomorrow up next.
Old 04-06-2007, 07:22 AM   #589
Not like them!

Send a message via AIM to MoriartyL

I'm replaying Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door and am partway through the third chapter. It's a phenomenal RPG. It's not really a comedy like Mario & Luigi is- it's got lots of hilarious dialogue and situations but the main story takes itself somewhat seriously. (Never entirely seriously- this is Mario, after all.) Even the romantic subplot between Peach and a big computer is played mostly straight. It's an excellent story, really. I like how each chapter is pretty self-contained. Dodging attacks in battles can be seriously hard. The battle system here isn't quite as fun as Mario & Luigi's, since it's much more abstract, but it still is head, shoulders, torso and legs over just about every other RPG out there. The graphics, what with all the clever ways they mix 2D and 3D and make 2D look 3D and make 3D look 2D, are inspired. And the little papery additions to the gameplay from the first Paper Mario are charming little gimmicks. This game is certainly worth replaying.

I can't wait for Super Paper Mario. Why, oh why can't I find a Wii?
Old 04-06-2007, 08:04 AM   #590
Master of time and space

Perfect Dark Zero. Closing on the dig site... This game is okay, but I think it'll be far more fun playing coop on hard difficulty instead. The story feels somewhat incoherent. Like there are drops in it...
Old 04-06-2007, 08:52 AM   #591

Send a message via AIM to seether295 Send a message via MSN to seether295 Send a message via Yahoo to seether295

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoriartyL View Post
Why, oh why can't I find a Wii?
Tell me about it. When my wife, who almost never plays video games, comes up to me out of the blue and says, "You know, we should really get a Wii...they look like a lot of fun.", I think "Wow! A gaming console that we both would enjoy"...and now the joke is on me because I can't find one anywhere.

Bless you and curse you Nintendo!
Old 04-06-2007, 12:57 PM   #592

I am playing Oblivion. I am now in Anvil trying to liberate the Count, i am moving slowing trying to Kill these fire demons. I am a level six something... , not sure!
I almost done with the Arena to be crowned Champion and defeat the grey prince!
Old 04-06-2007, 02:36 PM   #593

I skipped killing the grey prince. It felt evil to do so.
Old 04-06-2007, 04:05 PM   #594
Headbanger

I'm about 80% through Sands of Time. But now I must kill an army of the (so far) toughest enemies so it ain't easy. The fact that you can only save your game down in the prison and then must do a lot of jumping (although it's fun) before you reach the hard part makes it even harder.
Old 04-06-2007, 06:47 PM   #595
XXJ

I've just finished demo version of " WILD EARTH;AFRICA".
I really enjoyed this safari, so I'm going to buy it.
Old 04-06-2007, 06:50 PM   #596
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXJ View Post
I've just finished demo version of " WILD EARTH;AFRICA".
I really enjoyed this safari, so I'm going to buy it.
Looks like it could be interesting, if you say it's good then I must check it out.
Old 04-07-2007, 01:28 PM   #597
kamikaze hummingbirds

F.E.A.R.
I'm in the little urban-y bit.
Hope to finish it soon, since we just got STALKER.
Yay!
Old 04-07-2007, 03:14 PM   #598
DAVE

I've started to learn ancient roman tactics to play Rome - Total War and so far it's not working too well, not very familiar with the concept of skirmishers. To me it's always hard choosing a few to sacrifice, even in a game.
Old 04-08-2007, 04:36 AM   #599
Not like them!

Send a message via AIM to MoriartyL

Oh, and I forgot to mention I'm also replaying The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures with two young friends. The first time I played, it was only in two-player. With three good players, though, this is one of the best Zelda games. We're up to the last two levels of the game, and I'm waiting for an opportunity to finish it off with them. It's so cool having three little kids on the block with GBAs! (And we must be like the only street in Israel with three Gamecubes, too!)
Old 04-08-2007, 05:59 AM   #600
Passion Adventurist

Send a message via MSN to Hysteria

Ahaha, I am playing Desperate Housewives because I dunno what to do else. Oh, yeah, and Law & Order - Double or Nothing, but I made some mistake and because of that I need to go all the way back to finish it.