You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Game you're playing. How far you are.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2009, 02:53 AM   #1601
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaDraco83 View Post
What's the rest?

Spoiler:
I mean I had to run two times. One to set a first record that was then beat by a Black Vulkar and then a second time to beat said Vulkar, but was there more to the race than this?
Spoiler:
It was merely that you could continue racing and trying to beat records. Subsequent races had nothing to do with affecting the storyline. After the Vulkar bits it just became a mini game.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 10-13-2009, 03:01 AM   #1602
delusions of adequacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens View Post
3 weeks left. I'm drooling as I type.
Me 3.

4 or 5 hours till the character editor is released and the new Bioware Social Site opens for the first time. I hope its blogs/facebook inspired, might be nice see what (who) others are doing.

The new ashes trailer released yesterday/today is quite the little tease. Seeing Morrigan transform into a giant spider makes you look at her underwear romance scenes (as pictured above) a little differently.
Old 10-13-2009, 07:20 AM   #1603
I changed my title

Quote:
Spoiler:
Are you referring to the scoop race?
Nah, it was really easy for me too.

I mean the:
Spoiler:
part where you escape Taris and the ships are firing at you. I can't even see the ships and there is ZERO explanation as to what I'm supposed to do. Then I read on forums that there is no way to bypass this, and that some people took 20+ tries to get over it, and there's another one later on in the game.
No. Thanks.
Old 10-13-2009, 08:44 AM   #1604
Junior Mint

Time Gentlemen, Please! I just found the disco in the cave. LOL!
Old 10-13-2009, 08:49 AM   #1605

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shany View Post
Spoiler:
part where you escape Taris and the ships are firing at you. I can't even see the ships and there is ZERO explanation as to what I'm supposed to do. Then I read on forums that there is no way to bypass this, and that some people took 20+ tries to get over it, and there's another one later on in the game.
No. Thanks.
That's really strange...

Spoiler:
I'm usually dreadful at these kind of space-shooting sequences but I overcame this one extremely easily. If you want to reconsider the game, maybe lowering the difficulty will do the trick, at least for this segment?
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Old 10-13-2009, 09:11 PM   #1606

I just got done playing a few hours of Uncharted 2, and every game will now suck.

I'm only 3 hours in and I'd trade wouldn't trade those 3 hours for 40 hours of other games....SO MUCH FUN...
Old 10-13-2009, 09:19 PM   #1607
Stalker of Britain

Aah, I'm obsessed with non-adventures at the moment. They can be quite addictive. I'm playing Sims 2, with my dream house that's big but not oversized, and I've almost bought everything that I want. My family are pretty high up in their careers, and all that jazz. It's so addictive, yet at the same time, I feel like I'm wasting whole hours away...

I'm also loving this flash game called "Crash the Castle". It's so fun using a trebushey (wow, can't spell that word) to bring down castles and kill all the people!
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 10-13-2009, 09:31 PM   #1608
merely human

Still playing Jeanne d'Arc.

Jeanne - level 71
Cuisses - 71
Jean - 74
Marcel - 77
Colet - 70
Gilles - 74
Richard - 74

For whatever reason my PSP refused to read the UMD (bought the game used) so I hadn't touched the game in months but finally just bought and downloaded it from the PSN Store last week.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 10-14-2009, 09:03 AM   #1609
I changed my title

Quote:
That's really strange...
Spoiler:
I'm usually dreadful at these kind of space-shooting sequences but I overcame this one extremely easily. If you want to reconsider the game, maybe lowering the difficulty will do the trick, at least for this segment?
I'm already playing on Easy (I'm not interested in a challenge). But I might try again. However, if I keep failing I'm just going to stop playing.
Old 10-14-2009, 09:31 AM   #1610

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

Quote:
I'm already playing on Easy (I'm not interested in a challenge). But I might try again. However, if I keep failing I'm just going to stop playing.
Maybe it's redundant, but I found that it is easier

Spoiler:
to follow the red dots on the radar screen than following the actual enemies hovering around you. Or maybe a combination of both
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Old 10-14-2009, 09:38 AM   #1611
delusions of adequacy

Quote:
Watch the ships on the radar, they tend to pass in a relatively straight line, put your crosshair in front of them and they basically run right into your fire. Don't chase the ships. Watch their path, aim in front and hold fire.

Are you playing on the PC? Here's another option.

Super Skip Taris mod.

Install mod, start a new character, talk to Trask, pick light/dark, arrive on Dantooine with all possible exp and items from Taris and continue adventure.

If nothing else it should either revive your interest in the game or convince you to give up.

I believe the shooting sequence is mandatory one other time, it can come up often but usually there's a bit of text asking if you want to skip it.

To be honest I cannot play Kotor any more, I played it to death on release but now I only see its faults. I'd recommend Mass Effect over Kotor to new players, they're very similar in some respects but Mass Effect ditches the terrible 'morally absolute' star wars IP.
Old 10-15-2009, 04:46 AM   #1612
I changed my title

Thanks. Do you think the mod will work even though I am playing the game through Steam?
Old 10-15-2009, 06:28 AM   #1613

Sacred Rings (Aura II) ... I can't believe I'm stuck at the library puzzle. Yes I *could* just look at the walkthru for a listing of "turn these keys in this order" ... but I'm trying to actually "see" the pattern to turn the keys. I *do* have all the required bits.
Old 10-16-2009, 07:38 PM   #1614
merely human

GTA IV: The Lost & Damned. Doing a drug deal for Elizabetta...for 3rd time. Kinda hard to do this while trying to eat dinner, too. /lame
Old 10-17-2009, 12:28 AM   #1615
Stalker of Britain

Ugh. Louie's into GTA 4 right now. Usually he's all about Halo, but he's been playing that lately, and it kind of makes me sick. When I have a kid, I wouldn't want them playing this; where you can just go out into the "real world" and start shooting cops, etc. It's too real, and I wouldn't want my child exposed to that. I don't want to start an argument or anything, that's just NOT the game for me.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 10-20-2009, 11:44 AM   #1616
Random

Just started Batman: arkhan asylum. Still in the beggining, but already noticed that the game should be awesome and i'm not even a bat-fan!

Playing: Alan Wake
Last Finished: Black Mirror 2 (4/5)
Favorite: Grim Fandango, The Lost Crown, Twinsen's Odyssey, Metal Gear Solid series, Outcast, Syberia I & II.
Old 10-20-2009, 02:45 PM   #1617
Junior Mint

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. I'm just about to start the temple under Lake Hylia.
Old 10-21-2009, 08:42 PM   #1618
merely human

GTA IV: The Lost And Damned. Just finished Tom Stubbs's "Off Route" mission.
Old 10-24-2009, 10:49 PM   #1619
Junior Mint

The Witcher demo. Got a bunch of quests in Chapter I, but have only solved a couple of them yet. Awesome game! I broke down and bought the Enhanced Edition Director's Cut from Steam, but haven't gotten around to playing it since trying out the demo.
Old 10-26-2009, 08:12 PM   #1620

Played Civilization IV for the first time yesterday!
Well, I tried the tutorial first. I do that with all games actually, if a tutorial is available I'll try it out. Usually I quit it in disgust after 5 minutes max because it doesn't let me do anything and just delivers some walls of text. Or it starts at the very beginning with trivial stuff like "Press wasd to move around".
So, tutorial in Civ 4 is rather nice, I didn't became angry. But, sometimes I could only do things after Sid finished talking, even if he already stated what I should do next. And, there's a bug. I couldn't connect two cities with a road, so I couldn't finish the tutorial. At least it taught me all the basic stuff I had to know at this point...
Oh, and why can't I save during the tutorial? Goddammit!
Who wants to listen to all this stuff again!? It's not like I have all the time available at once to make my way through it...
I give the tutorial 5 out of 10 points then.

Oh, and about the actual game...I played it on the second difficulty and it was very easy. The japanese guy was annoying with all his requests to discontinue my trading with the USA, so I and the greeks promptly wiped out the whole japanese civilization. That was fun and a nice end.
May play it on a higher difficulty level next time...