You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Game you're playing. How far you are.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2009, 02:13 PM   #1541
Stalker of Britain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Writer View Post
"The Longest Journey": reached the underwater god. Wondering how "long" a journey it still is - I'm getting a bit tired of people constantly telling stories (this game certainly deserves its title in that regard!)
haha Wait till you meet the Aletian.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 09-01-2009, 10:32 PM   #1542

I just have, the Aletian village comes right before the underwater god.

Went back to Stark, the Vanguard chased me, now back in Arcadia after a talk with the old woman.

Just finished:Jurassic Park, Mata Hari
Playing now:Assassin's Creed 2, So Blonde
To be continued:Final Fantasy 13
Old 09-02-2009, 08:17 AM   #1543
Junior Mint

Was finally able to fix Tomb Raider: Legend and finish it. Great game, certainly much better than the preceding games, but I can see now how it's much more of a linear action game. Greatly looking forward to playing Tomb Raider: Anniversary. Can't wait to see how they incorporate the new gameplay mechanics into a more puzzle-driven game.
Old 09-02-2009, 08:25 AM   #1544

Need for Speed: Carbon (PC)

so far.. love it!
got it for $9.99 from futureshop.
Old 09-03-2009, 01:14 PM   #1545

Send a message via MSN to L-Jazz

Started up "Commandos 2: Men of courage" tonight and have finished the first two training missions, so the first real one now.
Old 09-06-2009, 03:25 PM   #1546
Homer of Kittens

Batman: Arkham Asylum

I am very deep into the game, now entering the botanical gardens and WOW what a game. I was first skeptical when I first bought it, thinking the reviews were just over hyping it, but have I been proven wrong. In the last 2 days alone I have clocked more than 10 hours playing it. Should be a good indicator of how I feel about it This is THE batman game, and THE comic book game to buy.

Firefox rules
Old 09-07-2009, 04:23 AM   #1547
The Quiet One

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Currently playing through Hard mode and working on the Combat/Stealth Challenges. I found the Combat Challenges quite difficult to beat to begin with, but my skills have improved greatly and I'm much better at chaining combos together. Some of the Challenges are still a bitch to fully beat though.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 09-07-2009, 05:57 PM   #1548
Stalker of Britain

So, I'm finally starting on the 1st Gabriel Knght game, "Sins of the Father", although I'm also playing "Blackwell Unbound", "Daemonica", and "Disciples Gold 2". I'm not too far into any of them, but I had to put my first thoughts of Gabriel Knight.

So the opening scene just took my breath away, with the image of a hung man, with lightening behind him. It was a very powerful image, and I don't even know what it's about! And Gabriel looks cute, too. I like Grace and how talkative and sarcastic she is so far, and I haven't even gone into any of the gameplay yet. Now, I like Tim Curry a lot, loved him in "Muppet Treasure Island", but his voice is just horrid as Gabriel. I guess I just got used to the guy who voiced him in the 2nd game, but man, what a bad accent. That doesn't fade me, though, and I can't wait to get started.

Now, I only need to find a way to play it in full screen...*goes to search*
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 09-08-2009, 02:31 AM   #1549
The Quiet One

I take it you're playing the Windows version? If so, I don't think you can play it in fullscreen. I could be wrong though. Also, the game will crash if you try and save it anywhere (except when you're on the map of New Orleans).

Your best option is to play it through DOSBox. Getting fullscreen is a simple matter of pressing Alt+Enter.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 09-08-2009, 02:40 AM   #1550

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

I know that this isn't relevant to the matter at hand, but since I know that Fantasy already solved her fullscreen problem, I will say:

I dreamt of blood upon the shore, of eyes that spoke of sin,
the lake was smooth and deep and black, as was her scented skin

Ah...
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Old 09-08-2009, 07:58 AM   #1551
Stalker of Britain

I just used compatibility mode to make it full screen. You mean I can't save?! Aah! lol I'm not sure I can run it through Dos box, since I borrowed it from a friend.

And yes, the opening scene is pretty amazing!
Old 09-08-2009, 11:13 AM   #1552
the midnight rambler

There's me thinking I was the only one on this site that hadn't played Sins of the Fathers! Let me know how you get on Fantasysci5!
Old 09-08-2009, 11:29 AM   #1553
Stalker of Britain

Thanks! lol I'm swamped with wanting to play "Sins of Fathers", "Disciples Gold 2", "Daemonica", and "Blackwell Legacy", so I may be jumping from one to another. I've recently been cruising the independent games, but for some reason either the file size has exploded, or my computer is being *really* slow with downloading. So I guess I'm off to play...one of those.
Old 09-08-2009, 11:41 AM   #1554

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 View Post
So I guess I'm off to play...one of those.
*entrancing whisper*

Gabriel...

*a cold breeze*
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Old 09-08-2009, 02:16 PM   #1555
the midnight rambler

I've just bought Ben There, Dan That! and Time Gentlemen, Please! off of Steam despite knowing that I haven't time to even watch an intro at the moment.

Indie games are so tempting as well... Nanobots, Mental Repairs, Machinarium soon. Argh.
Old 09-08-2009, 04:39 PM   #1556
Stalker of Britain

Nanobots, Mental Repairs Inc, Emily Enough, Spooks, Beauties and Beasts, Five Lethan Demons, and White Chamber are awesome freeware games!
Old 09-11-2009, 12:57 AM   #1557
gin soaked boy

Entered Demonis in King's Bounty: The Legend. What an amazing, absorbing experience!
Old 09-11-2009, 04:08 AM   #1558
merely human

Batman: Arkham Asylum. Medical building.

Here's a little WTF moment I video captured with my iPhone.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 09-15-2009, 12:27 PM   #1559
Stalker of Britain

*hides from Andrea*

I started playing into some more of "Gabriel Knight 1". Can't say I'm too impressed right now, although hopefully I'll get more into it later. I've always heard how everyone hates Gabriel's faked voice, but I say it's that narrorator's that's horrible! I had to turn of the voice, and I usually love voices! The way Gabriel speaks to Grace seems weird, not the flirting part, but just when he asked her to "tell him more about her". I just left the bookstore, into the outer map. But I just had to take a break. I hope it gets more interesting later. *ducks from Andrea's rage *
Old 09-15-2009, 12:58 PM   #1560

There's no place you can hide from my rage, sweetie, so let's hope together that you'll like it more

Jokes aside, it takes a little to delve into Sins of the Fathers' story, I'd say the end of Day 1. But from the very beginning, you can appreciate the amount of background details* and the marvelous quality of Jane's writing.

* Did you know, for example, that if Gabriel gets rich he's planning on turning the balcony in a schmaltzy cafe? Or did you discovered the German poetry book that Gabriel seems so strangely attached to? Not to mention, have you tried to talk to the Gargoyle? To move Grace's chair? To rearrange the book disposition? To use the ladder? ... Really, there is so much in this game to discover and love...