You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Game you're playing. How far you are.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2009, 08:58 AM   #1621
Random

Now i'm playing Metal gear Solid 4. As i said in another topic i was waiting for this game so long. So i stoped Batman AA while i'm playing it. Awesome game at all. I just finished with those Frog soldiers.

Playing: Alan Wake
Last Finished: Black Mirror 2 (4/5)
Favorite: Grim Fandango, The Lost Crown, Twinsen's Odyssey, Metal Gear Solid series, Outcast, Syberia I & II.
Old 10-27-2009, 09:06 AM   #1622

Just finished The Immortals of Terra (Perry Rhodan) and have gone back to Divine Divinity. Have gone back to an earlier save as I wanted to do things a little differently this time around. I'm still in Aleroth (the outskirts) and I'm mapping the whole section before going onto the next. Lots of Orcs & Trolls to kill here.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:17 AM   #1623
The Quiet One

Brutal Legend

Sadly, my experience with this game has been tainted a bit. I'm not really a fan of the RTS elements (although kudos to Tim for doing something different) as I've been finding them a bit tedious to do. I'm currently stuck on the stage battle against Ofelia and it's really pissing me off. I seriously can't get past it on Brutal difficulty and I can't even frickin do it on Gentle! It makes me sad because I just want to press on with the story and I can't. At this rate it's going to take me a while to get the game done, not just because I suck at it, but because each time I make an attempt at that battle I just get fed up quickly and loose interest. Shame.

Sam & Max: Beyond Time and Space

I'm trying to work out how to make that grumpy Moai head laugh so he knocks that stalagmite down. At least, I assume that's what's supposed to happen.

I should have more luck at progressing through Ep.2 than Brutal Legend anyway.

The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-earth

Aha, a RTS game. Hmmm... One of only a few RTS games (and there aren't many, trust me) that I like. Mainly because it's Lord of the Rings, I find it fun to play and I can do it. I'm currently playing the Good campaign and I'm doing all the acts the game wouldn't let me do during the course of the campaign. I'm doing all of these just to say I have, to gain more command and resource points, to level up my heros, to get all of the remaining powers, to beat all the bonus objectives in each mission and to clear the land of evil before I storm the Black Gates.

Once I've finished the Good campaign I'll take over Middle-earth with shadow in the Evil campaign.

DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil

I've only beaten this game once and it was ages ago. I don't find it as enjoyable as the original DOOM 3, but still... there are still plenty of scares to be had, new monsters to kill and a couple of new toys to play with. The double barrel shotgun being a favourite. This game seems to run more clunkier on my machine than DOOM 3 for some reason. It could be just me though. Ah well...

I've just started Phobos Labs - Sector 3.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour

Last edited by DustyShinigami; 10-28-2009 at 10:32 AM.
Old 10-28-2009, 11:16 PM   #1624

The problem with Sam & Max is that usually it's pretty obvious what has to happen, but the way to achieve that is very ... complicated. That's part of the puzzle process, but some things are so ... random, almost. They do make sense ... afterwards. But it's nothing I'd come up with myself.

I've started playing several games last night, but nothing really pulled me in (I was actually a bit tired after having tried - and failed! - to get "Runaway" to run on Vista; stupid Starforce protection drivers won't work).

Tried LSL3 - got tired of typing commands.
Tried Alone in the Dark 1 - got tired of the control system.
Tried the X-Files game - I went to my office, picked up the letter from my wife, then Shanks called on the phone so I thought, better go to his office first and I'll read the letter afterward, then it turns out the letter is no longer in my inventory! So I quit.

I think I'll just wait for the next Tales of Monkey Island.

Just finished:Jurassic Park, Mata Hari
Playing now:Assassin's Creed 2, So Blonde
To be continued:Final Fantasy 13
Old 10-29-2009, 06:09 AM   #1625

I'm currently playing:

Metal Gear Solid 3 (PS2)
I'm playing it for ages now. Unfortunatly i dont have the habit to play in a console so i simply dont have the motivation (and a free TV sometimes) to play it. I'm currently fighting The End.

Vampire: Bloodlines (PC)
I stoped for a few weeks now. I'm liking it, the setting is ok and the narrative is also good. I arrived at dowtown for the fist time and met the Anarchs lider. This game is famous for the huge amount of bugs, but fortunatly i didn't encounter any serious one yet.

Resident Evil 5 (PC)
Meh... its ok i guess. The first couple of chapters are incredibly bad, generic, boring and cliché, however it does get better as the game goes by. Its almost a copy of RE4 but with different skins. I'm at a boss that i must use a flamethrower to kill it. 5th chapter i think.
Old 10-29-2009, 03:34 PM   #1626
merely human

GTA IV: The Lost And Damned. Enroute to #5 out of 25 gang wars.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 10-29-2009, 04:18 PM   #1627
Stalker of Britain

I'm just restarting "The Longest Journey", since I'm in the mood for fantasy! If I can ever stop playing Tetris.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes

Last edited by Fantasysci5; 10-29-2009 at 04:30 PM.
Old 10-29-2009, 10:57 PM   #1628

Ah, "The Dig" ... I forgot how beautiful this game actually is. That favorite cinematics thread? It should be filled with scenes from this game! Some of them aren't that smooth or clear, though.

Whenever I replay a game, I try to behave as if it is my first time, but it's amazing how after all these years I still know the sequence to program that bot which restores power to the nexus!

I've hooked up with Maggie in the library, going to ask her about all the stuff I've seen along the way. The dialogue function isn't that perfect, though. A lot of repetition, but it isn't really consistent. When you change rooms, sometimes the Q&A's are different, sometimes they're the same. So you should have to keep trying to discover something new.

Just finished:Jurassic Park, Mata Hari
Playing now:Assassin's Creed 2, So Blonde
To be continued:Final Fantasy 13
Old 10-30-2009, 09:44 AM   #1629
Senior *female* member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 View Post
I'm just restarting "The Longest Journey", since I'm in the mood for fantasy! If I can ever stop playing Tetris.
You should play Gagboy, it's Tetris with a twist.
It's downloadable somewhere on the Internet, don't remember where.

Old 10-30-2009, 09:48 AM   #1630
Stalker of Britain

Well, I gave up trying to play through "Daemonica", at least for the time being. This made me think of all of the adventure games that I've really looked forward to, and ended up disappointing me;

Darkness Within-I was quite excited for this game, since it was supposed to be scary, but I didn't really connect with any of the characters,a nd the plot wasn't even that good.

Faust-Seven Games of the Soul-I was very excited to get to see people's sins and get to decide if they deserved to go to Heaven. I expected their stories to be involved, and for it to not be too clear if they deserved to go up or down. The characters weren't interesting, and their stories didn't have the deep psychological aspects I had expected.

Daemonica-Talking to ghosts is one of my favorite things to do in adventure games now, thanks to Jonathan Boakes' amazing games, yet the characters in this were very dull, and the story didn't make much sense. The 3rd person kind of RPG camera didn't help emmerse me, either. The constant wandering around was hard to navigate.

Syberia-Since everyone seemed to love this game, I had really high hopes for it. The idea of atomotons were interesting, but as always with some games, the story didn't frive me, and the characters were quite bland.

Grim Fandango-Now, this is a classic, and I didn't dislike it. I'm just not into comedy, so I had to stop early on in the game, even though I've heard it has an excellent story and characters.

For me to enjoy an adventure game, I like to really get into the story and characters, which obviously these didn't do.

On a brighter note-I've gotten into the 2nd chapter of "TLJ", where April is about to go into the shift for her first time in Arcadia!!

EDIT: Eww, Fien! lol Disgusting. Even though I'm playing Wilma Tetris, where she strips...
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes

Last edited by Fantasysci5; 10-30-2009 at 10:17 AM.
Old 10-30-2009, 09:49 AM   #1631
Junior Mint

erm... not trying to censor anyone here... but isn't this supposed to be a G-rated forum? I'm pretty sure I read that when I signed up.
Old 10-30-2009, 10:05 AM   #1632
Senior *female* member

Quote:
Originally Posted by booB View Post
erm... not trying to censor anyone here... but isn't this supposed to be a G-rated forum? I'm pretty sure I read that when I signed up.
A pretty poor attempt at NOT censoring, if you ask me. Worse, you make this flowerchild of the sixties feel so incredibly old... so I'm not removing the pic. But don't worry BOOBsie (hey, how did that slip by?) I'm sure one of the super moderators will be along soon.

PS: And you're in your undies too! Tsk, tsk...

Last edited by Fien; 10-30-2009 at 10:13 AM.
Old 10-30-2009, 10:25 PM   #1633
Junior Mint

LOL... I'm certainly NOT trying to censor anyone... just wondering... because, if I could have been slinging profanity for the past six months I've been in this forum, then I feel a little cheated right now!
Old 10-31-2009, 04:55 AM   #1634
Senior *female* member

Well, since the pic is still there, I can now safely reveal that Gagboy also features some appropriate aaaahhhhs and ooooohhhs when you're doing it right. It's a puzzle in the now extremely rare adventure game GAG. You need a certain score to win a prize. I don't know how hard it is compared to ordinary Tetris, which I never play, but it took me days to beat Gagboy and it was terribly frustrating to be stuck in a game I liked a lot.
Old 11-07-2009, 05:26 AM   #1635

Default Still Life Two

Started Still Live 2. Really like how the introduction brings players up to speed on what went on before. Character movements so far look natural for the most part but I can see why people miss the detailed art of the first Still Life. This second one seems to focus more on one item per shot such as a sweater, for example, where you can almost feel/touch the texture.

Anyway, I’m glad I’ve got it. Am currently the tv reporter trapped in the backyard of the horrible house, happily searching for a way out.

Favorite Adventure Games:
Riven, The Longest Journey 1, Syberia 1 & 2, Grim Fandango, Still Life 1, Broken Sword Series, Lost Crown

Heavy Rain (Action/Adventure)
Old 11-07-2009, 06:09 AM   #1636
In an evening of July...

Playing Dragon Age. It's ugly, rather boring and way too hard. Also, I hate the micromanagement. Very disappointed.
Old 11-07-2009, 07:07 AM   #1637

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

The difficulty and the micromanagement were clearly announced by BioWare itself when they presented the game. Isn't it hard to be disappointed in a game that you already knew it had the characteristics you hate?

For example, I don't play RTS because I don't like their style of gaming and I hate the whole resources dynamic, so I don't buy them
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Old 11-07-2009, 07:16 AM   #1638

Secret Files 2 - at the part where the one girl is being held captive and you have to shoot off a flair. Not sure if im gonna finish the game cause it really hasn't grabbed me.

Also at the part in Brutal Legend where you have to defeat Ofelia and I have taken an indefinite break from it (2 weeks so far). I was enjoying the story of the game until that part and it just started to frustrate me. Im also someone who doesn't hate RTS games just dont play them that often (I really enjoyed Company of Heroes).

Recently finished or playing: Sam and Max episode 2, Red Dead Redemption, Alan Wake, Fallout 3, Alpha Protocal.
Old 11-07-2009, 09:34 AM   #1639
Junior Mint

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuze View Post
Playing Dragon Age. It's ugly, rather boring and way too hard. Also, I hate the micromanagement. Very disappointed.
Like Andrea, I'm baffled by this too. Did you buy this game without reading any previews or looking at any advertisements at all?
Old 11-07-2009, 08:11 PM   #1640
Random

Well, playing Dragon Age: Origins now. I've found the "sacred ashes" to the arl (*Little spoil* I got stuck around at the magic floor puzzle, finally i managed to solve it, how hard!). This game is HUGE! I've been playing for 20 hours (not straight Oo) and just finished 1/4 of the main quests. There's a long way to the top!

Playing: Alan Wake
Last Finished: Black Mirror 2 (4/5)
Favorite: Grim Fandango, The Lost Crown, Twinsen's Odyssey, Metal Gear Solid series, Outcast, Syberia I & II.