You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Recent movies seen

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2007, 10:56 AM   #2741
Psychonaut

Simpsons Movie

Spider Pig! Spider Pig! Does everything a spiderpig does.

Take the worlds most famous cartoon and stretch out episode to 90 mins and you have the new Simpsons Movie.

Not without it's faults and some characters are hardly in it (Mr Burns most notably), but I laughed from start to finish.

Very Funny

DOH!!!!!
Old 07-25-2007, 07:11 PM   #2742
Cheese Pants King

Send a message via Yahoo to Endosanity

Watched:

Masters of Horror: Imprint
Old 07-25-2007, 07:20 PM   #2743

Send a message via AIM to guyver1 Send a message via Yahoo to guyver1

I saw transformers and chuck and larry at a double thing loved both movies transformers was way better chuck and larry was funny but so wrong.
Old 07-25-2007, 07:43 PM   #2744
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucien21 View Post
Simpsons Movie

Spider Pig! Spider Pig! Does everything a spiderpig does.
Why are there pig tracks on the ceiling? (saw that in a commercial)

I definitely want to see this! Over here, Burger King has gotten the marketing tie-in and there's a great commercial for the movie. I'll see if someone has put it on YouTube.

Here's the Simpsonize me website.

And here's the commercial.
Old 07-26-2007, 02:04 PM   #2745
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

I watched Hot Fuzz yesterday and it was simply amazing.
Even better than Shaun of the Dead in my honest opinion.

Simon Pegg, please make more amazing movies asap.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 07-26-2007, 03:22 PM   #2746
Feind der Anonymitaet!

Send a message via ICQ to pinkgothic Send a message via AIM to pinkgothic Send a message via Yahoo to pinkgothic

[Edit - Quick warning: the spoilers contain some personal stuff, too (might not be your cuppa).]

So now I too have finally seen the fabled Requiem For A Dream.

Ugly. I mean that in a mostly positive way. I find it's too long (yes, I realise it's not a "long movie" - but it'd have been better suited for a short)... by about three quarters.

Spoiler:
I didn't give a crap for the three young 'uns, they had each other until they threw it away, so that part of the movie literally annoyed me, because I was rooting for them to die a death already and let me focus on the remaining story.

That, in turn, has shattered me to the point of deepest worry for my mum. Not now - she's fine, and one of the most optimistic people I know. But she is lonely. She's got no man to keep her company, and her ambitious daughter is ought having a great live a few klicks away. She's fine as long as she has a cat, but damn...

Daring Hypothesis: I find Requiem For A Dream has nothing to do with drugs. I mean, obviously it has something to do with them, but this is not a movie that's changed my perception of them, and I don't believe that's the point. I feel the point is loneliness. Each and every one of the characters ends up being alone. But only one of them started their trek lonely... and that's the old lady. She's not got much of a choice in the matter. That's why I care about her, and not an inkling for any of the others.

Anyway... I'm just worried sick now and I can only hope that it'll pass. Unlike the sad excuse for a son in the movie, I frequently willingly contact my mum and we get along great. So there's really nothing that should cause me to worry... but I know she's lonely (she refuses to admit it, though), and this movie has just made me deathly afraid of anyone around me being neglected by the only person they have intimate contact with.

(Which is me being cruel to myself, since I'm the last person to ditch a friend in need.)

Thus, I fall into the category of people who can honestly say, "Christ, this movie ruined my day."

I say that with deepest respect.

And yet, I wouldn't recommend this movie to a soul.

Edit #2 - I feel much better now, fortunately. So, apologies if I had set anyone off worrying about silly ol' me.
Winner of the Second-Best-Dressed and Non-Specific awards in the Unbiased Impostor Awardsâ„¢, amongst many others.

Non-Conformist to Non-Conformismâ„¢
Internet Explodifierâ„¢ - the best weapon of mass destruction!!!11one
Trademark Overuserâ„¢

Last edited by pinkgothic; 07-26-2007 at 04:13 PM.
Old 07-26-2007, 08:14 PM   #2747
Cheese Pants King

Watched:

House of Voices: I wanted to see a good ghost story. This... was not it.
Old 07-27-2007, 04:44 AM   #2748
Freeware Co-ordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolzig View Post
I watched Hot Fuzz yesterday and it was simply amazing.
Even better than Shaun of the Dead in my honest opinion.

Simon Pegg, please make more amazing movies asap.
I've got the Double DVD special edition of that (which came with a cool pair of mirror shades )

The extras on the DVDs are incredible and well worth the purchase price including such classics as extracts from the TV version (they are contractually obliged to make a version without swearing but no-one said they had to use sensible alternatives. The characters say "funk" , "silt" and "Peas and Rice!" a lot ) and Edgar Wrights first cop film (student project stuff. Passably funny and an astounding 40 minutes long)

The Hype-O-Meter is still my favourite though. The subtitles are replaced with facts about the film and sources for some of the stuff inspired by other films/TV series.) Did you know the training montage at the beginning was actually filmed at Hendon Police College?
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree
Old 07-27-2007, 01:33 PM   #2749
Irritant F0rum Beasty

I just recently got the Flags of our Fathers / Letters from Iwo Jima double pack DVD. I enjoyed both films very much.

There's a very strong focus on the characters: Flags gives an account of how the American soldiers were treated when they arrived home from the battle, where as Letters touches on what kind of backgrounds the Japanese ones came from before they were sent to the Island.

It shows how there were some unspeakable acts committed as well as displays of unbelievable heroism on both sides. Some really moving scenes as well, particularly in Letters from Iwo Jima.

Highly recommended, though I’d say you’d really need to watch them both together to get the most out of them.

The Seed accepts no responsibility for any damage that my have been caused to your Hard Drive as a result of viewing this post!
Old 07-27-2007, 01:35 PM   #2750
The Greater

Send a message via AIM to Giligan

Hard Boiled

Wow.

That's really all I can say.

When I first learned of this movie, it became a must-see for me; however, I had no idea just how must-see it is. The movie starts with a bang and ends with it. Chow Yun-Fat and Tony Leung are more than believable as the two protagonists. The action sequences are utterly, astoundingly awesome, and you'll feel sweaty and exhausted when you're finished. The shooting is violent, gory, and doesn't baby the viewer - all that an action movie fan could want. Seeing this one should be mandatory.

9.5/10
Old 07-27-2007, 06:43 PM   #2751
The Major Grubert.

Okay, Dead Calm is worn out on cable, but I decided to watch in it's entirety again for the first time since it came out. It's really quite well done, I think.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:19 PM   #2752

Wedding Crashers - a pretty bad movie, but I couldn't help liking it sometimes.
Old 07-28-2007, 09:06 AM   #2753

I thouhgt Wedding Crashers was a pretty OK movie. I mean it is NOT rocket science or an art film or anything similar to that,m but it is a rather decent movie about two bachelors' troubles in how to find love. And I just took it for what is was, a feel good movie....

Another feel good movie that also is of very high quality is : A good year.
Russel Crowe stars as London broker who inherits a vine chateau in France. See it - if not for anything else, than for the most intelligently crafted out plot twists in the movie...

I also just have seen *children of men* . I didn't like this movie much, although I hear the book should be better . As you probably know, the
plot is about the women being infertile. However, the movie was one long action movie, it seems, at least to me, and the clever political satire (or comment?) that is should have been.

I also saw the movie 'babel'. I got a splitting headche from watching it. But after having walked this, it dawned on me: The movie's narrative was used in telling us that we're all part of same world, we all share the web, and that we all connected. I won't spoil the movie much for you, but the movie connects Japan, somewhere in a 3rd world country, and US/Mexico in the most intelligent way I have seen done in a movie. See this movie, please
Old 07-28-2007, 11:47 AM   #2754

Send a message via MSN to Ledz

Just saw V for Vendetta. Damn, what a kickass movie! I liked it very much, not at all what I expected from the Wachowskis but I guess that's what they were going for... I don't think I really understood the ending, what with:

Spoiler:
several people who should be dead being alive among the crowd.

and it's kinda annoying that:
Spoiler:
we don't know who V was, although the point apparently is that it doesn't matter. For some of the movie I thought they were gonna pull a "Fight Club" and have it be Evey, especially with the analogy between them that runs through the entire movie. But she'd have to be pretty damn screwed up to have that strong of a multiple personality issue.
Old 07-28-2007, 10:35 PM   #2755

The Devil Wears Prada - I had a hard time connecting with this. Not because of the fashion, but because every character was a woman. The sort of mentality they had is not something I can commiserate with.
Old 07-29-2007, 03:28 PM   #2756

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang - entertaining but it tried being too hip for my tastes.
Old 07-29-2007, 06:51 PM   #2757
The Major Grubert.

Mean Streets, my first viewing.
Old 07-29-2007, 07:20 PM   #2758
Cheese Pants King

Watched:

Ebola Syndrome - Great flick! Disgusting... but entertaining.
Old 07-30-2007, 07:11 PM   #2759
The Major Grubert.

Tokyo Goodfathers.
Old 07-31-2007, 09:12 AM   #2760
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

Yesterday I watched Above the Law, the only good movie from S.Seagal which I had never seen before.

It was in a way quite entertaining. I was surprised to see a skinny S.Seagal.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.