You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Recent movies seen

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2010, 02:42 PM   #3741
the midnight rambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denaron View Post
Amadeus - 1984

One of my favorite movies of all time. I think it was the fourth time I've seen it!

The outstanding story of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, told in flashback by Antonio Salieri. Excellent acting, music and costumes. This film was responsible for awakening my interest in classical music. Recommended!
Agreed, Amadeus is brilliant!
Old 02-06-2010, 03:36 PM   #3742
Stalker of Britain

I saw the new "Sherlock Holmes" movie for the 3rd time yesterday. I was watching it with Louie and a friend of ours, but I had to go to work in the middle of it. Apparently they watched half of it, then got bored and started playing Halo. Can't say I'm not a little hurt about it. lol

I'm a hard-core Holmes fan, but I thought this movie was pretty awesome even considering the books. But apparently I'm in a minority with everyone about this movie.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 02-08-2010, 10:36 PM   #3743
Random

Quote:
Originally Posted by geggis View Post
Agreed, Amadeus is brilliant!
I'm glad you like it too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 View Post
I'm a hard-core Holmes fan, but I thought this movie was pretty awesome even considering the books. But apparently I'm in a minority with everyone about this movie.
I'll watch tomorrow, or the day after. i'm not a Sherlock fan, actually I've never read or played anything about him. Do you think the movie is a good way to introduce me in his tales?

I saw Hachiko: A dog's Story today.

It's an incredible, and touching, true story. Pet lovers definately MUST see it. Hachi was an example of loyalty. My sister cried a river watching to this movie.

Playing: Alan Wake
Last Finished: Black Mirror 2 (4/5)
Favorite: Grim Fandango, The Lost Crown, Twinsen's Odyssey, Metal Gear Solid series, Outcast, Syberia I & II.
Old 02-09-2010, 06:02 AM   #3744
Occasionally around...

Send a message via Yahoo to MystGirl

Been renting a lot of comedies and romantic comedies lately. I can't remember the titles to all of them because they all tend to run together as they all have the same plot, types of characters, etc.

However, one that stood out a bit was the New Moon movie. Yes, I'm another annoying Twilight fan. I really enjoyed the second movie. I may be 35, but most of the time I feel like I'm going on 15 emotionally sometimes. I still love these types of movies. Ah, teenage love. The angst, the drama, the intensity! How I pine for those more innocent days sometimes. I thought New Moon was great and the acting was a little better in this one. I also have a bit of a thing for werewolves anyway, so that's always a plus in a movie for me.

Inglorious Bastards was excellent. I wasn't a Tarantino fan years ago, but every movie of his has grown on me and now I look forward to his movies. He is truly brilliant at writing dialogue.

I saw The Lovely Bones recently based on the book. I haven't read the book yet but I'm kind of glad Peter Jackson decided against putting the actual rape scene from the book into the movie. There really was no need for a graphic scene. The scene in the movie was spooky enough after Mister Harvey convinced her to go into his underground lair. I enjoyed the movie quite a bit. I enjoyed the visions of heaven after she died and watched her family and murderer.

The one movie I was disappointed in was Avatar. The special effects were great but the story was severely lacking. It was terribly predictable. I saw it in 3-D which was interesting. I enjoyed the movie for the effects, but I just wasn't that impressed with the story.
Old 02-11-2010, 04:26 PM   #3745
Headbanger

The Wolfman

It is really good! Not since the remakes of Dracula and Frankenstein (which is over 15 years ago) has Hollywood reinvented the classic horrorfilms. This one does the job well. It moves a bit to fast at times but the film is gorgeous and it really manages to capture the essence of the original.
Old 02-17-2010, 07:38 AM   #3746
handsome

Juno
best screenplay my ass

Requiem for a Dream
my ex-ex-something-girlfriend will like this one, her aunt, you know..

(500) Days of Summer
Zooey Deschanel is NOT hot nor beautiful come on whats wrong with everybody shes cute with amazing eyes but thats all there is. Now, i get why the dude from 3rd Rock likes her but everyone else wanting to screw her like she was some goddess was just plain silly. Other than that (and the psycho-emo scenes from Tom) the movie was actually pretty good, we laughed many times, just like:

Synecdoche, New york
And i mean we laughed a lot, this movie had even more 'wtf am i high' moments than Being J.Malkovich, and yeah we get why the house is on fire and 'who' is Ellen and whats the movie all about but we just laughed throughout almost 90% of this movie jesus christ .
Anyway, Charlie Kaufman is god.

Star Trek (2009)
A nice and intelligent reboot, nothing mindblowing.
Old 02-17-2010, 07:45 AM   #3747
kamikaze hummingbirds

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiAgUh View Post
(500) Days of Summer
Zooey Deschanel is NOT hot nor beautiful come on whats wrong with everybody shes cute with amazing eyes but thats all there is.
Objection!
Old 02-21-2010, 01:54 PM   #3748
Pixiehunter

Today I watched the movie Ben X with my mother. Basically, it's about a boy who has Asperger syndrome and is bullied a lot because he is different. I thought the movie to be really impressive and throat-gripping for the first, say, half, but other half, heading towards the ending was...well...weird. I liked the first part much better.

The reason me and my mum watched it, was because she is a teacher at a high school, and a colleague of her showed it to a group of first graders, so of about 12, 13 years old. My mum and I agreed that this movie is definately not suited for those kids.
Old 02-21-2010, 02:47 PM   #3749
handsome

Why the hell is she showing that violent and dramatic movie to 12 year olds?
Everybody knows kids that age should only watch Little Mermaid cause of their weak little brains that can't distinguish sh*t!
Thank god my teacher only showed us movies where ants drink beer with flies and lions sing with warhogs cause that really helped us understand about life
Old 02-21-2010, 02:59 PM   #3750
Pixiehunter

The idea was to teach the kids of the effects of bullying, about being different and about autism. Those kids are pretty harsh to eachother, there are some autistic children in it, and there is not much respect for those who are different, so the idea of said colleague must have been that this movie captures all the problems present at school. The basic idea is right, just....don't use this movie.

Okay, enough off topic for today
Old 02-21-2010, 03:12 PM   #3751
Not like them!

Send a message via AIM to MoriartyL

Asperger's Syndrome isn't autism.
Old 02-21-2010, 03:29 PM   #3752
Pixiehunter

Actually it belongs to the autism spectrum disorders, which is pretty broad.
Old 02-21-2010, 03:59 PM   #3753
Not like them!

Send a message via AIM to MoriartyL

Yes, but that doesn't make me an autist. I've met an actual autist who's considered a mild case, and there's little resemblance between us.
Old 02-21-2010, 04:02 PM   #3754
Pixiehunter

That's what you get with broad spectrums, there are so many falvours, that one case does not resemble the next. I'm sorry if I have offended you by using the general (and hence broad) term.
Old 02-22-2010, 09:43 AM   #3755
Headbanger

Where The Wild Things Are
A very strong movie about childhood and growing up.

Shutter Island
Rather entertaining with a lot of suspense.

Not as good as it could have been but it got a few really exciting chase scenes and it looks good.
Old 02-24-2010, 01:46 PM   #3756
handsome

A Serious Man
Coen bros doing their thing, a mix of Barton Fink and Synecdoche, NY (kinda)

(Sun Taam) Mad Detective
what a gem of a movie
Old 02-26-2010, 11:07 AM   #3757
The Punisher

Send a message via ICQ to [toj.cc]Phantom Send a message via AIM to [toj.cc]Phantom Send a message via MSN to [toj.cc]Phantom Send a message via Yahoo to [toj.cc]Phantom

• Valentines Day - 3/5
  • Accidental Husband - 2/5
  • Law Abiding Citizen - 4/5

I just love having a girlfriend....out of the last ten movies I've seen, I've probably WANTED to see like three of them.
Old 02-27-2010, 09:31 PM   #3758

I'm currently watching Departures, the japanese film that won the Academy Award for best foreign film last year on DVD with my parents . The movie is fascinating so far, and it has a great music soundtrack, and very likable characters.

The only problem is that the movie is slow, and my mom has a low attention span. She can only watch T.V. for maybe an hour, or an hour and an half. We've been watching it for four days, now, and we're getting close to the two hour mark. The movie itself is 2 hours, and 11 minutes.

I also recently saw The Blind Side, and I thought it was wonderful. It has to be Sandra Bullock's best movie. I'm really glad she got a nomination for it.
Old 02-28-2010, 10:17 PM   #3759

My parents and I finished watching Departures tonight, and we all really enjoyed it. This may be the first foreign film I've ever seen that wasn't an action movie, and it was great.

Last night, I also watched The Hurt Locker, and I was really impressed with it. It was incredibly suspenseful, and realistic. Jeremy Renner was great as Will James. I sincerely hope that Kathryn Bigelow wins the Best Director award because she did an amazing job.
Old 03-01-2010, 09:27 AM   #3760

I saw Hurt Locker during the weekend. A very average movie, can't see what's all the fuss about. As war movies go, I am still impressed with Generation Kill (although it is a series, not a movie technically