You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat The AG Community Blog

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2010, 02:16 AM   #5041
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
take a picture for us ....... please

I will, don't worry. ^^ Just have to wait for my blouse to dry.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 03-15-2010, 03:37 AM   #5042
Life and times of...

What, you were in a wet blouse contest?
Old 03-15-2010, 03:59 AM   #5043

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPtimist View Post
What, you were in a wet blouse contest?

No, but my Blouse had a ride in the Washing machine. It's like rollercoaster for clothing, you know.

-

Old 03-15-2010, 04:31 AM   #5044
Second Degree Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazhara7 View Post
I will, don't worry. ^^ Just have to wait for my blouse to dry.

-

woo-hoo

I'm working on a quick baby quilt for a lady that works with my mom...... I'll post pics of that once I'm done

“Pretty badass and tough and won't take crap from anyone” -Squinky
Old 03-15-2010, 05:25 AM   #5045
It's Hard To Be Humble

havetogotolousyhackworkjobdon'twannagoooooo...

Oh yeah, *hugs all around*, and Jaz, that second outfit you linked to, the black one... that's hawt. I'd come to Amsterdam just to see you in that.

And then I'd act my age and pretend not to notice discuss Myst clones with Jelena.
Old 03-15-2010, 06:48 AM   #5046

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee in Limbo View Post
havetogotolousyhackworkjobdon'twannagoooooo...

Oh yeah, *hugs all around*, and Jaz, that second outfit you linked to, the black one... that's hawt. I'd come to Amsterdam just to see you in that.

And then I'd act my age and pretend not to notice discuss Myst clones with Jelena.

Hehe, my boyfriend agrees on that. But I'm afraid I'm not going to wear that one to Amsterdam, at least not if the weather will be anything like it is now.

No, the outfit I was working on until now was another, warmer one. You might have already seen it in the recent splurges thread once. Like I said, I didn't sew it myself mostly, but was only improving it.

And now I'm going to work on that sexy outfit I linked to. Who knows, I might yet be able to wear it to Amsterdam if Spring finally arrives. ^^

-

Old 03-15-2010, 08:55 AM   #5047
tsa
Playing character

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepurhan View Post
The joy of the modern world. I feel no obligation to insist on taking the carrying duties away from the ladies.

That said, I'm definitely the one with the right physique for carrying people around (and am more than happy to do so if required)

I dunno, somehow I'd still rather be carried by the ladies.

Quote:
I too shall be wearing something very, very normal. Provided we are using the definition of normal "conforming to a regular pattern" and said regular pattern is my usual choice of non-work clothing.
You will be the cutie in the red shirt I presume .
Old 03-15-2010, 11:16 AM   #5048
Pixiehunter

*adds herself to the tsa-carriers*
I will not wear an M&M disguise though. I don't like coloury colours I guess I'll stick to either a band shirt or one of my boring outfits

So cool, Jaz, that you make your clothes yourself! My girl and I are now working on a dress for her, but it is a first time try to make clothes, so we're now working on version 2, with version 1 having failed pretty miserably last year

As for the dear blog,
Last weekend I went with my brother and girlfriend to Paganfest in Amsterdam. A sort of indoors metal festival, with 7 bands. My brother has a tad more heavier taste in metal than I do, but my maximum-ish overlaps with his general-ish taste, so I can go to concerts with him, which is so much fun! He is a rather timid boy (runs in the family), but when he is at a concert he just opens up and totally goes along with the music and everything, (which also runs in the family ). The first time I saw that, I was so moved by seeing my little brother having so much fun

There was one band in particular for which I (and my girlfriend) went to Paganfest (my brother knew and liked more bands, I didn't knew the rest yet, but most of them were awesome to see live as well), and that band was Eluveitie. Basically they make folk metal, which means the perfect comination of metal instruments (drum, bass, electric guitars) and folk instruments (bagpipe, tin whistle, violin, hurdy gurdy). I am completely in love with hurdy gurdies (and shawms), so for me this is a great combination.

The concert was, well, awesome! Loved the setlist (although unfortunately they only played for one hour, so it was a bit short), but hey, they played Slanias song, Omnos and Inis Mona (my 3 favorite songs) in a row! I thought I was going to die with hapiness and excitement!

Now all I can think of is how much I want to see Eluveitie again, and that I want to go to one of the German festivals with my brother, because over the years he has become so much fun to hang out with
Old 03-15-2010, 11:39 AM   #5049
tsa
Playing character

Cool Luna, thanks for wanting to help carrying me!

I'm not into live and metal music at all, but I can relate to the 'loving to see my brother have so much fun' thing. My bro and his GF will live closer to me in 6 months' time, and I hope I will see more of them from then on.
Old 03-15-2010, 12:05 PM   #5050
kamikaze hummingbirds

Darn! I want to see Deerhunter in May, but I need to find if any of my friends are interested!
Old 03-15-2010, 12:32 PM   #5051
tsa
Playing character

Post a picture of yourself and see if it helps!
Old 03-15-2010, 12:44 PM   #5052
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna Sevithiainen View Post
*adds herself to the tsa-carriers*
Oh good. The more the merrier!

Quote:
Slanias song, Omnos and Inis Mona (my 3 favorite songs) in a row!
Not bad at all.
Old 03-15-2010, 01:44 PM   #5053
Pixiehunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena View Post

Not bad at all.

When I let my parents listen Slanias Song they liked Eluveitie, but as soon as they heard the grunt in Inis Mona they all of a sudden didn't like it anymore...
Old 03-17-2010, 06:04 PM   #5054
merely human

Dear Blog Thingy,

My mom just reminded me that tomorrow is the fourth year anniversary of Dad's death. I hadn't forgotten, really. I moved here originally to help her take care of him and he died one month after I came. But I'm more inclined to celebrate his birthday or our parents' wedding anniversary (July 4).
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 03-18-2010, 09:06 AM   #5055
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens View Post
Dear Blog Thingy,

My mom just reminded me that tomorrow is the fourth year anniversary of Dad's death.
I can't believe so many years have passed.

Quote:
I hadn't forgotten, really. I moved here originally to help her take care of him and he died one month after I came. But I'm more inclined to celebrate his birthday or our parents' wedding anniversary (July 4).
I understand that. Mr J's parents both passed away when he was in his early 30s and we also focus on the happy occasions when remembering them.
Old 03-18-2010, 12:36 PM   #5056
Second Degree Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
I can't believe so many years have passed.

I understand that. Mr J's parents both passed away when he was in his early 30s and we also focus on the happy occasions when remembering them.
I agree focus on the happy times..... not the death.

I have some news...... I pulled the muscles around my rotator cuff and my shoulder looks like there is a baseball under the skin...... my arm is in a sling to take the pressure off of my shoulder...... so excited about that....... not ...... I went to the dentist today for a filling and my face is swelling....... I'm just all kinds of pretty right now...... teehee but in a couple of days I should be back to normal.

Old 03-18-2010, 12:46 PM   #5057
tsa
Playing character

Oh yuck Bullsie! But now you can post a picture of yourself and win from Hammie in a "who looks the most horrible" contest!

Just joking of course! I hope you feel better soon. Here's a kiss from me:
Old 03-18-2010, 01:36 PM   #5058
Second Degree Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa View Post
Oh yuck Bullsie! But now you can post a picture of yourself and win from Hammie in a "who looks the most horrible" contest!

Just joking of course! I hope you feel better soon. Here's a kiss from me:

thank you sweetie...... a kiss for you too

but no pictures of me in this state...... so sorry

Old 03-18-2010, 03:22 PM   #5059
merely human

Ohhhhhh, bullsie. Can't turn around for a minute without you getting into another scrape. Well, we'll just have to do something about it, eh? Hold still and I'll wrap you all up nice and tight in this. Not only will it protect your wound, it'll also keep you from running around and risking another fall and scrape. I'll make you look like a chic Egyptian mummy....

platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 03-18-2010, 04:46 PM   #5060
Second Degree Black Belt

awww thank you Trepsie...... such a sweet heart

As long as you wrap me up so that I receive no more injuries..... that would be great..... thank you sweetie