You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat The AG Community Blog

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2009, 06:28 AM   #4041
tsa
Playing character

Yes Lee, more "summer" clothes from you! I bet the ladies want to see you in them too, striking interesting poses .

In other news, I was at the Oldtimer festival in Saasveld yesterday. Saasveld is a village containing about 5 houses, 30 km away from here. I met up with a friend of me, and after walking around a bit on the terrain I almost got overrun by a steam engine, look:

It was actually a bit scary to lay there with a BIG, running steam engine next to you. But me and my friend had much fun. After we had seen all the tractors and cars (there were a lot of Fiat 500's and not much else car-wise) we went to my place to watch some shows I had taped for my friend, and to sort out my bookcase to find out which of the games in there were his. Recently we bought a lot of games together and so he went home with a big pile of work. It was a very nice day, with beautiful weather.
Old 06-29-2009, 06:32 AM   #4042
kamikaze hummingbirds

Hello, Advetnure Gamrers' Bolg!

That's the last time I decide to try to get back to sleep after waking up.

For under an hour this morning, I had the most vivid dream I have ever had (felt like MUCH longer than an hour, too) involving running through greenery, seeing a flying saucer up close that was dismissed by a woman as "another bloody flying saucer", left alone in a house where lightswitches just made everything darker, and working as a cameraman who had to make a circle with his hands because there weren't any cameras.
This song reminds me of it, sort of: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzyLhxWofVQ

I've felt weirded-out, tired and achey for the whole day.

Pretty funny, though.
Old 06-29-2009, 06:40 AM   #4043
tsa
Playing character

What a cool dream Hammie. Maybe someone here can make an adventure game out of it?
Old 06-29-2009, 09:32 AM   #4044
Unreliable Narrator

Send a message via AIM to Squinky Send a message via MSN to Squinky

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa View Post
Yes Lee, more "summer" clothes from you! I bet the ladies want to see you in them too, striking interesting poses .
I approve of this idea.
Old 06-29-2009, 07:03 PM   #4045
merely human

Dear Blog Thingy,

“It's the good girls who keep diaries; the bad girls never have the time.” - Tallulah Bankhead
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 06-29-2009, 09:35 PM   #4046
tsa
Playing character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerite View Post
This song reminds me of it, sort of: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzyLhxWofVQ
Wow! That is so cool. Not since The Art of Noise have I heard anything like this. Thanks for the link Hammie!
Old 06-30-2009, 04:03 AM   #4047
Second Degree Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens View Post
Dear Blog Thingy,

“It's the good girls who keep diaries; the bad girls never have the time.” - Tallulah Bankhead
Then that must mean that I am bad girl

“Pretty badass and tough and won't take crap from anyone” -Squinky
Old 06-30-2009, 05:18 AM   #4048
tsa
Playing character

Dear Blogsie,

Never again will I clean Annabel's cage. She's not worth it. I clean her cage, smoothen out the new clean newspapers I put in it, put nice clean straw and hay in it, and 20 minutes later the cage looks like this:

Thank you very much Annabel
Old 06-30-2009, 05:35 AM   #4049

Send a message via MSN to MikeLXXXVIII

Quote:
Dear Blogsie,

Never again will I clean Annabel's cage. She's not worth it. I clean her cage, smoothen out the new clean newspapers I put in it, put nice clean straw and hay in it, and 20 minutes later the cage looks like this:
You should send her to those traditional monasteries so she will learn the ways of manners! and cleaning.
Old 06-30-2009, 06:07 AM   #4050
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Dear Blogsie,

Thank you very much Annabel
She's just making her room cozy tsa!
And if you decide to kick her out, mummy Jelena will come and take care of her, yes she will.
Old 06-30-2009, 08:35 AM   #4051
tsa
Playing character

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeLXXXVIII View Post
You should send her to those traditional monasteries so she will learn the ways of manners! and cleaning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
She's just making her room cozy tsa!
And if you decide to kick her out, mummy Jelena will come and take care of her, yes she will.
A monastery seems a bit over the top to me. And don't worry, I won't kick her out. I just won't clean her cage anymore.
But seriously, she seems very much satisfied with the way she redecorated her cage. She keeps jumping back into it.
Old 07-02-2009, 01:04 PM   #4052
Fing-longer Inventor

Hey Katie, just been catching up on your posts and really can't add anything except getting round Cornwall by train really isnt too hard, but you may to budget for buses to get you to places like tintagel (king arthurs castle) which are more out of the way. Anyway I've been busy this week starting a new job and failing my first attempt at a driving test so haven't been keeping tabs on this blog (slap my wrists Katie). My new job is only a summer thing, but will do til other plans kick in http://www.babbacombemodelvillage.co.uk/ << thats where I'm working, and its pretty fun there.
Old 07-02-2009, 05:57 PM   #4053
merely human

Dear Blog Thingy,

Groceries - $27. Farmer's Market produce - $7. Roses for Nanay - $6. Smile on her face when I gave them to her w/ "I Love You!" - priceless.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 07-02-2009, 07:24 PM   #4054
Stalker of Britain

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostQuixote View Post
Slap my wrists Katie
My dearest LQ, I'll do nothing of the sort. I'm not trying to make you post in this thread or anything, I just thought it would be a good way for you to get integrated with the other AGers.

Aww, Trep, that's sweet!!!
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes

Last edited by Fantasysci5; 07-02-2009 at 08:08 PM.
Old 07-02-2009, 07:39 PM   #4055
Creepy Father Figure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens View Post
Dear Blog Thingy,

Groceries - $27. Farmer's Market produce - $7. Roses for Nanay - $6. Smile on her face when I gave them to her w/ "I Love You!" - priceless.
Gotta love that Nanay
Old 07-02-2009, 08:02 PM   #4056
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlpw View Post
Gotta love that Nanay
Her eyesight is noticeably screwed up and she awaits cataract surgery, she has been taken by me to the emergency room twice in the span of two months, she underwent angioplasty stent surgery without which her third attack would've been fatal, and she can still make me home cooked meals of classic Filipino dishes. At her insistence.

Love is but one of the things I feel for her.

*wipes tear from eye*
Old 07-02-2009, 08:09 PM   #4057
Stalker of Britain

Quote:
Oh gosh, that reminds me of that scene in "The Happening"!!!
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 07-02-2009, 08:18 PM   #4058
tsa
Playing character

We got it from one of the Austin Powers movies.
Old 07-07-2009, 02:00 AM   #4059
kamikaze hummingbirds

I've just been hiding in the kitchen to hide from religious propagandist callers - they probably saw me jump out of the chair like a rocket-powered kangaroo that had sat on a pin - but the two times I opened the door to them have been memorable:

Time the first:
I stood in complete silence, and then I heard my dad coming down the stairs, so said "your burden!" and ran away.

Time the second:
I said "yes" a lot, and ended up getting a leaflet saying that I should worship God as a remedy to every problem I have ever had ever.

You see my point, then.
Old 07-07-2009, 03:06 AM   #4060
Psychonaut

Dear Blog,

I spent this weekend in England with my parents and my 2 nephews.

We took them to Alton Towers for their birthdays. http://www.altontowers.com/

The weather was great, the park was busy, but not so much as to be hugely annoying (40 mins for Air was the worst queue).

The kids loved going on the sky ride transportation and the new Sharkbait reef aquarium.

View from Skyride