You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat The AG Community Blog

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2009, 05:53 AM   #4241
tsa
Playing character

Oh that is so mean! I did my best for our Hammie, and now this.
/me goes and sulks in a corner.
Old 08-10-2009, 06:00 AM   #4242
Lazy Bee

*pats tsa on the back*

Here, have a jar of cookies!

Old 08-10-2009, 06:11 AM   #4243
tsa
Playing character

Thanks Jelena. I feel better now.
Old 08-10-2009, 12:53 PM   #4244
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Dear Aggie,

This morning at 1:30 Thomas and I returned from the M'era Luna festival, fell into our bed, deathly tired, but happy after a great festival. We saw great bands like Krypteria (though they really have to work on their song announcing. Simply pronouncing it dramatically just doesn't cut it. Though that might have been due to the fact that they didn't have all that much time to present a number of songs overall. Oh, and they played mostly less soft toned songs at the festival. But "Ignition" isn't on YouTube. Also, some of you, at least in Germany, might know at least one song by them, Liberatio which was used for a benefit single for the tsunami victims in 2004.), Blutengel (watch the video. This is a band where some people just come to see the stage show, and not always because of the music. Oh, and what was particularly cute was that at the end, after the last song, the singer went back to the microphone and said "We don't actually want to finish yet...sooo, if you scream "Encore!" now, we'll sing a bit more." Ah, those Gothics. Much toon well educated. ), Oomph!, Apocalyptica, Nightwish (though this was the band I really, really wanted to see, I didn't actually stay long to *see* them. Our tent was located so well that we could hear most bands very well from there. So we left in the middle of the second song, because it was one of the old songs. Why? Well, even though I love the old songs very much, they have a new singer, and of course she doesn't sound much like their old one. Thomas and I just couldn't get over the fact that she was singing everything one octave too low than we were used to. This is what we have ingrained in our brains. This is what we heard. I have nothing against Anette, but we can't listen to her singing the old songs. New songs are alright, but for the old songs it must be Tarja's voice. Not to say Anette's version isn't nice either, but it's just not the same.), Welle:Erdball (Didn't stay too long for this one. They were playing in the airport hangar, but they would have been well at home on the main stage, judging by how crammed the hangar was. It was so crammed, that when someone started smoking I simply had to leave, because there was simply no escape.) Schelmish (sadly they didn't play my favourite song though.), [/url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMwe8zZg9j0]L'Ame Immortell[/url], The Crüxshadows, Grendel (Another one in the Hangar. Not as full as the other one, but still well visited. Also, very loud. We left the Hangar after some time and listened from outside. Also, that's not an official video in case you are wondering.), Subway to Sally, and last but not least, "The Prodigy". We left in about the middle of the performance because I was so tired I could hardly keep on my feet, and we wanted a head start on all the other people that would be leaving that evening (though a huge number seemed to simply stay overnight that day. There were more tents left than had been removed that day. O.o ). Still, we heard the prodigy all the way to the parking lot, which was at least 2 km away from the stage - so we kind of ended up hearing most of it anyway. Overall, it was a great festival.

In other news, I just went to J-list with the intention of buying a Nendoroid because I was feeling an itch to add another over-cutefied figure to my computer desk, and to cheer me up because my last one didn't arrive . However, I left J-list with a full set of Genki learning materlials ordered, so I could finally get to down to properly learning japanese. I hope these keep up to their promise.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 08-10-2009, 02:43 PM   #4245
Stalker of Britain

That sounds awesome, Jaz!
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 08-10-2009, 03:15 PM   #4246
Second Degree Black Belt

Wow Jaz that sounds great

I have been up since 1:00am. Olivia got up this morning with a fever of 103.3..... I'm so sleepy. Her fever is down to 102.0 with motrin and teething tabs.... ph I hope she feels better soon..... and I hope she will get sleep tonight.

“Pretty badass and tough and won't take crap from anyone” -Squinky
Old 08-10-2009, 06:14 PM   #4247
merely human

"You pathetic humans are not fit to handle me! MUUUAHAHAHAHA!!!....erm, may have please something to eat?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa View Post
Hey Trep! Please please tell us some more about the damn puppy!
Short video of Emoo terrorizing us.
Another, after we caught the little f00ker. (You can hear Nanay scolding him in the back. Hilarious)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullsie View Post
Wow Jaz that sounds great

I have been up since 1:00am. Olivia got up this morning with a fever of 103.3..... I'm so sleepy. Her fever is down to 102.0 with motrin and teething tabs.... ph I hope she feels better soon..... and I hope she will get sleep tonight.
Have fun, Jaz!

She'll be fine, bullsie. Teething sucks.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien

Last edited by Intrepid Homoludens; 08-10-2009 at 06:58 PM.
Old 08-10-2009, 08:41 PM   #4248
tsa
Playing character

You sure had a good time Jaz. I always wonder why the music on festivals and concerts has to be so LOUD! Recently we had a few articles in the paper about that, and nobody really seems to know.

Bullsie, what are teething tabs?

Trep, the puppy is so cute! Is he 'potty trained' already? What do you call that in English?
Old 08-10-2009, 11:56 PM   #4249
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazhara7 View Post
Dear Aggie,

This morning at 1:30 Thomas and I returned from the M'era Luna festival,
Sounds like fun Jaz!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
I read this post late last night after having picked my daughter up after a party and I'm pretty sure it's the reason why I dreamed I had another baby.
Waking up was a relief let me tell you.
I do hope Olivia is better and that you both get to sleep from now on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens View Post
Short video of Emoo terrorizing us.
Another, after we caught the little f00ker. (You can hear Nanay scolding him in the back. Hilarious)
Aw, I looove little puppies!
Old 08-11-2009, 12:05 PM   #4250
Second Degree Black Belt

Quote:
Bullsie, what are teething tabs?
They are Homeopathy pills to relieve pain during teething. It is kind of like Oragel for adults, but it’s in a pill form that melts once inside their little mouths.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens View Post
She'll be fine, bullsie. Teething sucks.
Oh yes…… Matt took her to the doctor today and she is teething but she also has croup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
I read this post late last night after having picked my daughter up after a party and I'm pretty sure it's the reason why I dreamed I had another baby.
Waking up was a relief let me tell you.
I do hope Olivia is better and that you both get to sleep from now on.
Oh my Jelena……. I’ve had dreams like that …… Olivia is doing some better. She has croup…. But the doctor gave her some meds so I hope that helps some.

“Pretty badass and tough and won't take crap from anyone” -Squinky
Old 08-11-2009, 12:49 PM   #4251
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
Olivia is doing some better. She has croup…. But the doctor gave her some meds so I hope that helps some.
Poor Olivia. I've heard croup can be very exhausting for both children and parents. On the good side is that they grow out of it eventually.
Old 08-11-2009, 06:38 PM   #4252
The Greater

Send a message via AIM to Giligan

Quote:
Originally Posted by geggis View Post
Hey Giligan,

how'd you get on with Jacqueline?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 View Post
Aww, good luck Hammy!!!

And yeah, Giligan, I really want to know how it went with the girl?!
Sadly, it didn't. My co-worker never contacted me.
Old 08-12-2009, 04:13 PM   #4253
Stalker of Britain

I hope Olivia is feeling better, Bulldog.

I'M FINALLY BACK AT SCHOOL! Not many of my friends are here yet, and neither is Louie, but I'ms o glad to be abck and away from my parents.
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 08-12-2009, 04:14 PM   #4254
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 View Post
I'M FINALLY BACK AT SCHOOL! Not many of my friends are here yet, and neither is Louie, but I'ms o glad to be abck and away from my parents.
I can totally understand the being away from parents part.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 08-12-2009, 06:57 PM   #4255
merely human

Dear Blog Thingy,

At least there's some shred of hope in the world...

Saqib Ali

Pro-Gay-Marriage Muslim Delegate Stirs Conservatives | NPR

Quote:
August 11, 2009 | It some ways Saqib Ali has had a normal life for a local politician. After earning his bachelor's degree from the University of Maryland, he ran for political office in 2006. His victory won him a seat in the Maryland Legislature. Now the Democratic delegate has come out in support of gay marriage, a position he announced publicly in an op-ed piece he wrote for a local Maryland publication, The Gazette.

So why are so many, including his family, surprised about his gay-marriage stance?

Because Ali is Muslim (the first Muslim delegate in Maryland), and Islam strictly prohibits homosexuality. In fact, in many Muslim countries, like Saudi Arabia — where Ali went to high school — homosexuality is punishable by law. But Ali says his support of gay marriage is not a reflection of his faith or belief in Islam but a decision he made as a politician representing his constituents with and without faith backgrounds.

"If I tried to enforce religion by law — as in a theocracy — I would be doing a disservice to my both constituents and to my religion," Ali writes in his op-ed.

Though he knows his stance is controversial, he hopes critics will come to share his point of view to promote marriage equality.

"[Gay marriage] doesn't affect my marriage; it doesn't affect anybody else's marriage," Ali said. "It doesn't harm us in any way."

Currently, same-sex marriage is illegal in Maryland. Only in six states — Connecticut, Massachusetts, Iowa, New Hampshire, Vermont and Maine — can homosexual couples get married. The next opportunity for the Maryland Legislature to pass a law legalizing gay marriage would be in the 2010 legislative session. But because 2010 is an election year for the entire General Assembly, Ali says it is more likely the issue won't come to the table until 2011.
Old 08-12-2009, 07:59 PM   #4256
tsa
Playing character

How cool is that? Yesterday I heard a nice song by Janis Ian about homosexuality. I forgot what it was called, but you can download it from her website.
Old 08-17-2009, 02:40 AM   #4257
tsa
Playing character

Hi Bloggie,

Yesterday My father and I decided to go to Edinburgh on vacation for a short week. It's not too far away, and there is a lot of interesting architecture to be seen there. Also its surroundings must be very beautiful. If possible, we want to go there as early as next month (around sept. 16). Does any one of you have any tips? What can we expect weather- and temperature wise? Any interesting relatively unknown buildings that we have to see, either in Edinburgh or in its surroundings?
Old 08-17-2009, 11:03 AM   #4258
Stalker of Britain

I'm finally back at college, wit my friends, and back in Louie's arms. It's so nice to be back with him, I'm so happy. I'm getting used to my new job at the front desk, and I can't wait to start getting money back! I already bought Louie a $50 subscription to Xbox Live, since his ran out and I wanted him to have one.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:45 AM   #4259
Psychonaut

Quote:
Hi Bloggie,

Yesterday My father and I decided to go to Edinburgh on vacation for a short week. It's not too far away, and there is a lot of interesting architecture to be seen there. Also its surroundings must be very beautiful. If possible, we want to go there as early as next month (around sept. 16). Does any one of you have any tips? What can we expect weather- and temperature wise? Any interesting relatively unknown buildings that we have to see, either in Edinburgh or in its surroundings?
Weather if it doesn't change from recently would be.....looks out window.......Rain lots of rain. However you never can tell, be prepared for 4 seasons in one day.

As for things to see, I answered than in the other thread.

http://www.adventuregamers.com/forum...ight=edinburgh
Old 08-17-2009, 12:43 PM   #4260
tsa
Playing character

Thanks Lucien! I was almost sure there was a thread but I was too lazy to look for it...