You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat The AG Community Blog

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2010, 06:45 PM   #6041
Lovable rogue

I have absolutely never worn makeup...

The funny thing about these gender differences is that they melt away once sexual orientation is applied. A gay man is practically invisible if he lacks a Dorian-Greyesque portrait in his attic.

Youthfulness will always be treasured, the only proviso is to take advantage of it whilst one can, or forever lament it.

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena

Old 10-23-2010, 06:32 AM   #6042
Life and times of...

I was supposed to have an elementary school class reunion. Late summer/early autumn I met a very good (and in the past even better (as we barely see each other anymore)) friend of mine in a concert and he promised to give me further info later, as it was organized on Facebook, where I am not.

Last weekend I asked him if he knew something.

He knew not.

Today morning (the day that would be) I asked him again. He didn't know and said he couldn't be there and I should ask this other friend of ours. He was going to call me when he got into the restaurant where most were supposed to eat, or at least meet, first.

He texted me, saying there were a total of 4 of them, including none of those people who had organized the whole thing, reserved the table etc.

So, that's good organizing for you.

So now the four of them will hang out there for a while and propbably just go away then. If something happens, he'll call me. Probably not, though...
Old 10-23-2010, 08:28 AM   #6043
tsa
Playing character

Quote:
it was organized on Facebook
There's your problem
Old 10-23-2010, 02:11 PM   #6044
Lazy Bee

One thing has lead to another and today my daughter and I found ourselves determined to do something fun the two of us. We'll have to consult employees and school and then we'll see what will happen. The number one plan right now is to go on an extended weekend trip to London for some shopping and sightseeing.
Ryan air is our friend.
Old 10-23-2010, 03:10 PM   #6045
tsa
Playing character

And the men stay home and work on the car?
Old 10-24-2010, 06:56 PM   #6046
tsa
Playing character

Meh . Yesterday I dropped my phone on the keyboard of my laptop and then the letter V broke off. I sort of glued it back on but because the keys are held in place by a few very small plastic clamps which have all been destroyed it is very loose and feels awkward when you press it. Luckily the key still works. Now I'm wondering over wether to get a new keyboard or not.
Old 10-24-2010, 07:05 PM   #6047
merely human

That sucks. But keyboards are so ery cheap now. I'm sure you can find one for about 10 bucks. Ha e you shopped around for one yet?
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 10-24-2010, 07:09 PM   #6048
tsa
Playing character

I'm doing so now but I have a MacBook Pro which makes things a bit more complicated. Just googling for 'keyboard macbook pro' didn't get me anywhere. I first want to try and find one in the Netherlands but if I don't succeed I guess iFixit will be my friend.
Old 10-25-2010, 02:33 AM   #6049
It's Hard To Be Humble

tsa, you know, I currently have a plain Logitech keyboard plugged into my G4 PowerBook, and it works just fine. Sure the number pad is useless and I have to retrain my brain not to hammer on the delete key, but it's a fair trade. Also, I have a Logitech mouse plugged into it, and that works just fine.
Old 10-25-2010, 11:30 AM   #6050
tsa
Playing character

That's fine when you use it on a desk but not in bed and on the couch, where I use my lappie the most. But I talked to a colleague of mine and he says he can probably make a quick and dirty fix, so I will try that I guess. A new keyboard is around 100 €/$ so that's a bit steep. I found keyboards on ebay for around 40 € but not a Dutch version unfortunately.
Old 10-25-2010, 11:42 AM   #6051
merely human

Dear Blog Thingy,

One huge reason why I almost never listen to American pop music:

Life For Rent | Dido

Can a typical American song today ever even come close to such philosophical depth and integrity?
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien

Last edited by Intrepid Homoludens; 10-25-2010 at 11:48 AM.
Old 10-25-2010, 11:59 AM   #6052
Lazy Bee

Now it's booked. November 19th my daughter and I are going to London for three days of quality time.

Old 10-25-2010, 12:12 PM   #6053
tsa
Playing character

I'm jealous
Have fun, you two!
Old 10-25-2010, 12:17 PM   #6054
merely human

I promised myself the next time I visit Europe I will have a mad, passionate fling with a sexy European man. Life is to be experienced in such ways.

Besides, I already have at least a couple of them waiting for me in Germany and Belgium.
Old 10-25-2010, 12:26 PM   #6055
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa View Post
I'm jealous
Don't be. We're both pretty exhausted from either (her) studying too much or (me) worrying about her and also putting in lots of work hours. This is a mad house I'm telling you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens View Post
I promised myself the next time I visit Europe I will have a mad, passionate fling with a sexy European man. Life is to be experienced in such ways.
Hrm...you're not going for Mr J are you?
He's good looking, but ever so straight I'm afraid.
Old 10-25-2010, 12:28 PM   #6056
kamikaze hummingbirds

Quote:
Dear Blog Thingy,

Life For Rent | Dido

Can a typical American song today ever even come close to such philosophical depth and integrity?
Most mainstream music is pretty dire, to be honest. I have a lot of hope in a lot of the more alternative modern bands though, a lot of whom are taking cues from bands like Cocteau Twins and other interesting experimentalishy stuff from the past and totally progressing on it. Makes me right happy.
Old 10-25-2010, 12:32 PM   #6057
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
Hrm...you're not going for Mr J are you?
He's good looking, but ever so straight I'm afraid.
Nah. He's taken.

There are at least tons of other knee-weakening men on your side of the pond.
Old 10-25-2010, 12:33 PM   #6058
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerite View Post
Most mainstream music is pretty dire, to be honest. I have a lot of hope in a lot of the more alternative modern bands though, a lot of whom are taking cues from bands like Cocteau Twins and other interesting experimentalishy stuff from the past and totally progressing on it. Makes me right happy.
Which is pretty pretty much I almost never pay attention to a lot of music today. Guess I'm getting old and crabby, a large percentage of stuff I have on iPod in my iPhone are from the 80s, including Cocteau Twins and This Mortal Coil.

Hell, even in country music I prefer Patsy Cline over that Taylor Swift girl (she's not pure country but she comes from that seat).

You Belong To Me | Patsy Cline

*swoons*
Old 10-25-2010, 08:59 PM   #6059
tsa
Playing character

Quote:
Dear Blog Thingy,

Life For Rent | Dido

I don't know. The video doesn't work here in NL due to copyright reasons

I like Jens Lekman. This song is about a subject that many Americans have much difficulty with.
Old 10-26-2010, 12:13 AM   #6060
Stalker of Britain

I hope you have lots of fun in London, Jelena. I'm very jealous...

And I once had the same dream, Trep. Except in mine, it wasn't just an affair, it would be one of those fairytale romances, and he would have a British accent...lol
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes