You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat The AG Community Blog

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2008, 02:28 PM   #2041
Unreliable Narrator

Send a message via AIM to Squinky Send a message via MSN to Squinky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee in Limbo View Post
I experienced some bullying when I was a kid. Sadly, in those days, nobody really paid attention to that. To this day, I still find overbearing, insensitive people painfully unbearable to be around. I'm a relatively strong personality myself, but I do find myself fading out of the picture when someone starts getting in my face to take a stronger lead. I'm not terribly competitive.

I respect Jelena's efforts. I congratulate Merricat. I hug Squinky.

I wish humans were just a little bit less like pack animals in social situations.
Me too. And thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merricat View Post
The people who bullied you likely peaked at seventeen and now lead dreary lives that are spectacularly alike.
All the stories I'm hearing about people getting married and pregnant at twenty seem to confirm that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSH View Post
...Suzuki piano classes...
Your daughters are going to be terrible sight readers, but great at picking things up by ear. I say this from personal experience.
Old 04-30-2008, 03:36 PM   #2042
Lazy Bee

@SSH
Thanks for enlightening me on how homeschooling works for your girls. I'm neither pro or against it (in case you felt some criticism in my previous post). I believe that each family find the best solution for their children.
Old 05-01-2008, 12:41 PM   #2043
It's Hard To Be Humble

Dear Aggie

Today I went downtown and filed taxes for 2007 for my business. I owe over 2K. I'm also in debt for almost 6K to Visa. It's tiring thinking about it. I won't be able to pay the rent until tomorrow. I've run out of one of my medications, and won't be able to get it filled again until Monday earliest, owing to my psychiatrist's shrinking business hours.

I have progression raids with my WoW guild tomorrow night (Karazhan) and Sunday night (Zul'Aman), but I'm not 100% in the mood to raid right now. It's a good guild, but we're experiencing growing pains, and it's starting to feel like work. The guild has been functioning for perhaps a month, and I'm already thinking I need a break. Problem there is, things are starting to get a tad more serious than I want, and the opportunity to step back from my duties for a short break may already have passed. The raiders are getting antsy to get moving (1-day Kara clear scheduled tomorrow, Zul'Aman runs planned for once a week, heading for Gruul's Lair and other 25-man content shortly), and I'm starting to wonder if this is the same guild I helped found. If I didn't have so many close friends in the guild, I'd probably already have left. However, I won't be joining any more guilds after this if I do leave. I'll just quit the game. If I can't have a guild with my friends and have a good time playing the game, then things haven't worked out to plan.

Don't get me wrong. I like the game. I'm quite sure I can continue playing so long as I get to do so with my friends. It's just getting harder to avoid playing with people who are more serious about raiding and want to go-go-go, even though they profess not to want to do hardcore raiding. We're supposed to be a casual raiding guild, but it feels like every new day brings one more serious raider or change to accomodate serious raiding.

Too much WoW talk. It has been eating up too much of my time and energy.

I haven't been able to sit in front of an AG in months. I get anxiety from not knowing what to do next. I never particularly cared for puzzle-heavy games, and it's getting harder just to focus on the kind of problem solving needed for the games I currently have installed. I load up a game, poke at it for a handful of minutes, and then shut it down again.

I have books from the library. A book on 20th Century American comic history, a hardcover Acme Novelty Library issue by Chris Ware, and a biography of Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. I'm not a huge fan of Petty, but I like his music well enough, and I love reading rock biographies. Problem is, I haven't been able to focus on reading much in the last while. I've started to read the comic history, but it's slow going so far. Not sure I'm as interested in some of the 'legends' they mention as others. E.C. Segar is not as important to me as Winsor McCay. And we're starting to get into guys I've never heard of nor care for. *sigh*

Still have three episodes of Torchwood and at least one episode of Doctor Who left to watch with Dawn. Maybe tonight.

I really need to work on that bloody package for work, but I just can't get into it right now. I have totally the wrong attitude, because I'm already thinking the concept is going to be rejected. I can't rip off the package concept they sent me to ape, and I can't imagine them wanting what I've got for them so far, based on the stuff they've rejected in the past.

And I've not made any significant progress on Stage! in at least a month. I've failed a dear friend and failed to realize a dream. I just haven't been able to devote more than a few minutes a day to it in weeks. I open up programmes, start working, and something comes up and drags me away. I should never have promised to do the design work with my schedule so messed up. Should have stuck to writing, which I can do relatively fast. I still want to do it, but have no idea now when it will ever see completion. Story of my life.

Okay, enough whining from me. Hope everyone is having a good day. *hugs all around*
Old 05-01-2008, 10:16 PM   #2044
Unreliable Narrator

Quote:
I've failed a dear friend and failed to realize a dream.
Oh come on now, don't say that. It's going to get finished, even if it won't be as quick as we'd hoped.

As for me, I'm exhausted, and it's been a long day, but needless to say, things seem to be going well.
Old 05-02-2008, 04:57 AM   #2045
Freeware Co-ordinator

Sounds like you're not having a great time at the moment Lee. Hope things get better for you soon.

In the meantime, maybe you should try some smaller Underground games rather than full commercial titles if you want to do a bit of AGing. I can recommend a few if you like. I beta tested Squinky's Chivalry is Not Dead (see link in her signature above) and I think that might do you quite well for a start.
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree
Old 05-02-2008, 06:52 AM   #2046
It's Hard To Be Humble

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepurhan View Post
I beta tested Squinky's Chivalry is Not Dead and I think that might do you quite well for a start.
Actually, I beta tested every version of Chivalry, including the unfinished version when she was first putting it together. But I take your point. Perhaps when I get some work done, I'll treat myself to something small.
Old 05-02-2008, 10:51 AM   #2047
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepurhan View Post
Sounds like you're not having a great time at the moment Lee. Hope things get better for you soon.

In the meantime, maybe you should try some smaller Underground games rather than full commercial titles if you want to do a bit of AGing. I can recommend a few if you like. I beta tested Squinky's Chivalry is Not Dead (see link in her signature above) and I think that might do you quite well for a start.
I can also recommend Principles of Evil part 1 and 2. Lots of fun!

(also, the Car Breeder is cool. I love what comes out if you breed a Mini Cooper with a Lotus.)

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 05-02-2008, 12:00 PM   #2048
tsa
Playing character

Quote:
Dear Aggie

Okay, enough whining from me. Hope everyone is having a good day. *hugs all around*
That's too bad Lee. I hope you get your life sorted out soon
Old 05-02-2008, 12:46 PM   #2049

Dear Aggie,

Memo to myself: Tomorrow is World Naked Gardening Day.

The mind boggles.

-

NOTE: Link contains tasteful nudity.

Old 05-02-2008, 01:12 PM   #2050
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Note to self? You're planning on doing some nude gardening?

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 05-02-2008, 01:44 PM   #2051

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey View Post
Note to self? You're planning on doing some nude gardening?

Not really. I just had to share it with the rest of you.

-

Old 05-03-2008, 05:41 AM   #2052
SSH
Super Scottish Hero

So, how did you pay for the taxi?
Old 05-03-2008, 08:36 AM   #2053
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazhara7 View Post
Just came back home from a short weekend trip and I was just about to mow the lawn, but I refuse doing it naked! *hrmpf*

EDIT: Yay, Mr J started mowing the lawn. Too bad he's not celebrating World Naked Gardening Day. I'm sure the neighbours would appreciate it.

Last edited by Jelena; 05-03-2008 at 09:14 AM.
Old 05-03-2008, 09:18 AM   #2054
Unreliable Narrator

Quote:
Actually, I beta tested every version of Chivalry, including the unfinished version when she was first putting it together. But I take your point. Perhaps when I get some work done, I'll treat myself to something small.
I'd better hurry up on my next project, then, so you can test that too!

Quote:
Yesterday was apparently No Pants Day, so I was treated to several cute game-developing geeks prancing around in their boxer shorts at the office. This job is getting better and better!

Oh man, I really do make my life sound way more interesting than it actually is...
Old 05-03-2008, 09:48 AM   #2055
tsa
Playing character

So you like your new job then, Squinky?
Old 05-03-2008, 11:29 AM   #2056
kamikaze hummingbirds

Quote:
Not really. I just had to share it with the rest of you.

-
Share the news or the nude gardening?
Old 05-03-2008, 11:33 AM   #2057
Unreliable Narrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa View Post
So you like your new job then, Squinky?
So far, yes. If anything, having The Legendary Ron Gilbert™ as my boss is going to be the best learning experience possible for what I want to do with my life. And if I happen to make friends with like-minded people in the process, that'll be even better. I'll keep you all updated...

P.S. My grades came in. I passed everything, and even managed a 73% average!

Last edited by Squinky; 05-03-2008 at 11:41 AM.
Old 05-03-2008, 01:30 PM   #2058
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squinky View Post
Not that I ever doubted, but still: Congratulations Squinks!
Old 05-04-2008, 07:55 AM   #2059
tsa
Playing character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squinky View Post
So far, yes. If anything, having The Legendary Ron Gilbertâ„¢ as my boss is going to be the best learning experience possible for what I want to do with my life. And if I happen to make friends with like-minded people in the process, that'll be even better. I'll keep you all updated...

Congratulations on everything Squinky!!
Old 05-04-2008, 03:26 PM   #2060
It's Hard To Be Humble

Congratulations, Deirdra. I knew you could do it. *hugs*