• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Dale

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #43: Sinking Island

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’ve got to the 2nd phone call from the wife - I didn’t actually hear it but Jack suddenly felt the need for lunch & I started questioning some of the people in the vicinity but left it hanging to, in RL go to the local shop, & when I got back Jack was in his apartment!  Laughing I’d completed 3 of the mandates: How did Walter die?, What was the weapon? & Where was it fired from? I haven’t really got started exploring that much now having carte blanche to be ‘more intrusive’ so looking forward to that!  Smile There was a slight misdemeanour in one of the dialogues that hinted at having done something that I haven’t yet done.  Pan

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

chrissie - 28 August 2017 07:37 AM

I’ve got to the 2nd phone call from the wife - I didn’t actually hear it but Jack suddenly felt the need for lunch & I started questioning some of the people in the vicinity but left it hanging to, in RL go to the local shop, & when I got back Jack was in his apartment!  Laughing

That is weird, I haven’t experienced something like that myself, in fact I haven’t even heard from my wife here on day 2 yet Meh

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 5052

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Are we cleared to finish Day 2?

I haven’t heard from the wife either. Not surprising as there appear to be different trigger points for a lot of the activities.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Part 4 - Day 2

Since everybody seems to be finished with the last part, there is no reason to procrastinate.

You should play until the end of day 2, and once again you have a week until Monday evening (CEST) the 4th of September to complete this part.

I haven’t actually played ahead of you this time, so I don’t know exactly how long this stint will be, but from memory I believe it will be roughly the same length as the others.

Love this comment Grin

HAVE FUN!

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I finished day 2 - too much pixel hunting in this part, annoying that some objects trash can are only interactive in a specific room without any visual clue. And why is blow torch only usable in that specific place? Neutral
Got stuck in the who stole the safe stuff for some time because I missed the wedding speech in a random drawer (although I already knew who took everything…)
Seriously, it looks great, the overall plot is interesting and I want to see how it ends but it’s like the game is trying its best to suck the joy out of playing.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Also finished Day 2. I think
I am the only one who solved mandates 5 and 6 before mandates 7-9

I got stuck for a while [spoiler]trying to identify the weapon. I did not check out all the weapons on the shelf, because I stopped when Norm found the first matching gun. You can’t proceed unless you check the rest of the guns because there is another gun of the same type, and you have to make sure it wasn’t fired recently. [spoiler]

I really love the story and the art, but do agree with all the sentiments expressed here. This game is like a diamond in the rough, and it needed more polishing.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I think I’m close to finishing Day2. There were two interconnected clues that kept me from finishing the Sharpshooter Mandate. I was looking for a way to get Marco to admit he was a skilled marksman, and I totally missed the side panel on WJ’s desk.

On to the next Mandate. Not sure I will finish by Monday. Got some RL stuff going on. I may do some late-night stuff. Want to get to Day3 in the worst way.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Iznogood - 28 August 2017 12:55 PM

Love this comment GrinHAVE FUN!

Love it too. But the perspective was totally different on my screen. I viewed the conversation from the back of Jack’s head. Or, I should say that Jack was standing on the right, as opposed to the left.

Are there completely different versions of this game? Where we all end up at the same place, but the paths getting there is hit or miss.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

I’ve also finished Day 2. I agree with Wilco, it felt like there was more pixel hunting here than on other days, particularly the drawer with the wedding invitation & speech in it you can barely see it!

The game is definitely getting more and more interesting but also more irritating. Jack Norm seems to be making some shocking decisions like when Kolio wants to get into Walter Jones’ room and he just lets him in to do something mysterious with that picture of Anna Jones - which he walks straight to despite having apparently never been in there before - without comment or at the end of day 2 when De Nolent tells him of a mysterious secret that he will only reveal the next morning - which is the ultimate precursor to death in a murder mystery surely - and he doesn’t bother asking him anything more about it!

The story gets better and I’m all fired up for the next part, but it feels like Jack Norm is losing interest!

Also the “fight scene” between Baina and Sonya made me laugh, especially as for some reason next time I came into the garden the scene triggered again!

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I’m stumped. I’m in Nolent’s bedroom looking at a closeup of the wall safe. When I attempt to use the blowtorch on the safe I get a response that says something like “You can’t use that without protection.” When I attempt to use the goggles, I get an endless series of “You can’t do that.” type statements. And I can’t combine the two in inventory. What am I missing?

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Have you got the protective gloves Tim? - I think you can pick them up in the technical workshop.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Intense Degree - 30 August 2017 05:41 AM

The game is definitely getting more and more interesting but also more irritating. Jack Norm seems to be making some shocking decisions like when Kolio wants to get into Walter Jones’ room and he just lets him in to do something mysterious with that picture of Anna Jones - which he walks straight to despite having apparently never been in there before - without comment

Not sneaky at all, he just wanted to see how the impressive Walter Jones room is! Perfectly valid excuse Tongue

Also the “fight scene” between Baina and Sonya made me laugh, especially as for some reason next time I came into the garden the scene triggered again!

I didn’t get that scene! Neutral

Can’t wait to find out how Jack will eat a baguette with the kitchen under water!

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

chrissie - 30 August 2017 03:38 PM

Have you got the protective gloves Tim? - I think you can pick them up in the technical workshop.

Once again, failed by the pixel hunt. Although, in this case, I am hard pressed to explain how I missed that item. I do a fairly tedious pixel hunt in every room, and I came up with the other parts of the blowtorch, but I missed the gloves. Rats!

That was what I needed to finish Day 2.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

An intended slap that struck air far above the head of the intended slappee. Reason enough for the slapper to go to the other side of the Garden and sulk in embarrassment.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

wilco - 30 August 2017 04:46 PM

I didn’t get that scene! Neutral

Same here, I did not see this scene. Would have liked to watch a fist fight between Baina and Sonya. Tongue

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top