• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #42: Al Emmo and the Lost Dutchman’s Mine

Total Posts: 294

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

I’m a little bit curious how many acts there are in this game, but maybe i will let it be a secret. I am at Act 4 and still less than half the total points!

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I’m sure Diego covered this in his intro. But just in case, there are nine acts.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Finished Act 3 and that was super easy. I’m waiting to start Act 4 whenever you guys are ready.

Some of the many sexual jokes in the game

I like how some of the narrator’s quotes carry on across multiple objects:

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I’m ready to start Act 4.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Sorry guys, I’m working every Friday late, so I don’t know why the hell I gave Fridays as deadlines when I’m not near my computer. Frown ACT 4: The Torn Identity is one of the shortest in the game, and as there’re little comments right now on the earlier acts, I guess everyone is ready to start Act 4, so let’s make the original plan to finish it until Tuesday, June 21!

I’ll comment more on the first three acts later.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

No problem at all. It just gives the rest of us a chance to catch up on other things while we wait for your go-ahead. I’m really OK with the occasional delay as it gives my elbow a few more hours to heal.

Will start Act 4 tomorrow. I know it’s short. But I wonder if three days is too short a time frame. Particularly if there are any players that are trying to catch up.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

I finished ACT 4. Though it was short, I did get stuck a little trying to get the makeup.

The voice of Lou reminded me a little of the voice of George Washington in Day of the Tentacle if you guys remember that one. He also does the voice of the narrator, Koko, the mayor, and some other characters. A very talented actor Smile

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Lou’s voice reminds me of the Jim Backus character, Thurston Howell III, on Gilligan’s Island. I’ve also just finished Act 4. Have 231 points which is a little over half the points. So I guess they are fairly evenly divided among the acts.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Embarrassingly, the part I got stuck on was finding the melons. When I fixed Pammy’s sunscreen I didn’t notice them, and then when she was standing up I still didn’t spot them behind her. It was by complete accident that I clicked behind her and picked it up.

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Oscar - 19 June 2017 12:54 PM

Embarrassingly, the part I got stuck on was finding the melons. When I fixed Pammy’s sunscreen I didn’t notice them, and then when she was standing up I still didn’t spot them behind her. It was by complete accident that I clicked behind her and picked it up.

Well for me personally in that scene, there was a small bug that made me miss them too.
When I hovered my mouse cursor over pammy’s upper body, it said melons. Although it said melons, looking at them had the narrator give the same comment as looking at Pammy. I thought they were referring to her assets as “melons”, and didn’t notice the real life melons behind her. So if you move your cursor behind Pammy’s body, then you can pick them up.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

If you ask Pammy whether you can have some “melons,” a very humorous conversation ensues before Al adds the melons to his inventory.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

SoccerDude28 - 18 June 2017 09:57 PM

I finished ACT 4. Though it was short, I did get stuck a little trying to get the makeup.

I’ve finished ACT 4 now & I got stuck on that too! I tried the magazine on that obnoxious postal clerk but didn’t think to use it on Al

The scene with Antonio in the hospitality house still astounded me as I’d forgotten just how suggestive the dialogue was but it was just so funny in view of what Al actually had to do! I think it’s a shame that the narrator disappeared as I would love to have heard his comments! Laughing 

rtrooney - 19 June 2017 01:42 PM

If you ask Pammy whether you can have some “melons,” a very humorous conversation ensues before Al adds the melons to his inventory.

Sorry but YAWN! I don’t mind silly but old hat puerile comments about a well endowed woman & melons Thumbs Up I did like the parody of Pamela Anderson otherwise!

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

chrissie - 20 June 2017 01:30 PM

The scene with Antonio in the hospitality house still astounded me as I’d forgotten just how suggestive the dialogue was but it was just so funny in view of what Al actually had to do! I think it’s a shame that the narrator disappeared as I would love to have heard his comments! Laughing

That scene is awesome and so funny. I think not having the narrator there added to the humor since even he was disturbed. Smile

The devs must be big fans of LSL because this game in many ways feels like a spiritual successor of sorts to that series.

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’ve actually got a boxed set of the 1st few LSL games - if they work in SCUMM I might venture there one day!  Laughing

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Start with Act 5: Free Billy now!!! We’ll play it until Sunday, June 25th - from now on, we’re getting on a quicker tempo! Also, as we’re right in the middle of the game, I’ll post a mini-quiz to see how much you payed attention in the first 4 acts!

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top