• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #42: Al Emmo and the Lost Dutchman’s Mine

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Some players have fallen behind (myself included Mini Smile ) but I will give half a week for Act 3: Shallow Al, until Wednesday, June 13!, though I may stretch it until Friday, I’ll decide along the way. Please post about your progress!!

p.s. Ain’t this chapter convenient to accompany the new Baywatch movie?! Grin

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’ve finished Act 2 now & no it wasn’t too long but I invested too much time in looking for a carrot to get that stubborn mule moving!

rtrooney - 07 June 2017 02:39 PM

A few people have compared this to LSL games. I agree, but one comparison has been missing. The amount of WALKING. Yes, there is an interactive map, but a location only appears once you’ve been there. And I’m not even sure about that. I’ve seen one location that I discovered just by wandering around…...[/spoiler]

Yes, one of the disappointing features of the game, after you’ve visited all of the locations (as far as you can), is that the map doesn’t progress from being a basic one with just a few key locations & isn’t added to to give you a more detailed one as you progress!

I haven’t played any of the LSL games but as far as comparing the humour I tried using the fishing rod with the cactus hook + agave worm on the prickly pear to no avail for Al to be chided by the narrator for his attempt at being a ‘Master Baiter’ & I know the humour gets worse!

’Whack the prairie dog’ only worked because he was holding a gun & stole Al’s glasses .....but what I’d really like to play before this game is over is ‘Whack the narrator’!  Laughing Yes, he’s helpful but so is Kev in a much nicer way!

By the end of the Act 2 I felt very sorry for Al as he’s so sincere & Antonio is such a sleaze-ball! Sick

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

So, I’m extremely late even though I was so much looking forward to this playthrough Pan But life sometimes get in the way. So far, I’m in the middle of Act 1, really enjoying the narrator and Kev.

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Awaiting direction from the sheriff, as Oscar has called
Diego. Are we cleared to move forward to Act 3?

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I’m confused. Diego has given a deadline for Act 4, without telling even telling us Act 3 was in play. Where are we? What act should we be playing?

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

It’s Act 3: Shallow Al. Act 4 is just a typo…

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I am going to try to complete the game, but may fall behind in a big way. I’m right handed, and have been having some issues with my right elbow. I am currently wearing a brace, and the doctor tells me to limit my mouse-clicking computer time to no mre than 20 minutes/day for the next several weeks. And to check back if things do not improve. Decisions? I’m going to try and stick with Emmo. But it may be slow going. I remember Act 3 being fairly short. So maybe I will finish it by Friday. Wish me luck.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

rtrooney - 12 June 2017 08:31 PM

I am going to try to complete the game, but may fall behind in a big way. I’m right handed, and have been having some issues with my right elbow. I am currently wearing a brace, and the doctor tells me to limit my mouse-clicking computer time to no mre than 20 minutes/day for the next several weeks. And to check back if things do not improve. Decisions? I’m going to try and stick with Emmo. But it may be slow going. I remember Act 3 being fairly short. So maybe I will finish it by Friday. Wish me luck.

Sorry to hear that Tim. Take care and I hope your elbow gets better soon.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

I just got stuck for a good while for the first time in the game, stupidly not noticing a very obvious object that I had missed.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

giom - 11 June 2017 10:29 PM

It’s Act 3: Shallow Al. Act 4 is just a typo…

Yeap, it was a typo, sorry Mini Frown Fixed! Hope you can join us, Giom! There’s still plenty of time to catch up! Anyone beside Oscar going on schedule? As giom joined, and chrissie is still in Act 2 (?), and rtrooney having troubles he told us about, let’s play this Act until Friday, and not Wednesday as originally planned?

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Typing is not a problem. Mousing is the problem. Will finish Act 3 by Thursday for sure. If I remember, 3 and 4 were the shortest of the episodes

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

diego - 13 June 2017 05:46 PM

........ and chrissie is still in Act 2 (?)

diego, you haven’t been paying attention to posts in you your thread! :  Pan
Yes, I had finished Act 2 & now I’ve concluded Act 3!  Laughing

It was a short one & not a lot say about or do except get the [spoiler]sunscreen lotion exactly right for Pammy - having said that I could get along with the lubricant but would never have guessed to use molasses to get it thicker![/spoiler}

Total Posts: 294

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

chrissie - 14 June 2017 11:22 AM

It was a short one & not a lot say about or do except get the [spoiler]sunscreen lotion exactly right for Pammy - having said that I could get along with the lubricant but would never have guessed to use molasses to get it thicker![/spoiler}

That was the puzzle I spent the most time on in the game so far. How did you figure it out? I tried to use the bottle to collect molasses and the narrator said I wasn’t going to carry around sticky molasses, so I knew I was going to use it for something.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

chrissie - 14 June 2017 11:22 AM
diego - 13 June 2017 05:46 PM

........ and chrissie is still in Act 2 (?)

diego, you haven’t been paying attention to posts in you your thread! :  Pan
Yes, I had finished Act 2 & now I’ve concluded Act 3!  Laughing

I don’t know what the hell is wrong with me I can’t get these numbers right… Tongue I meant Act 3!! We’re playing Act 3 until Friday!!! Everyone still in Act 1 - don’t give up, ask for help here your fellow players! Act 2 and 3 and significantly shorter than Act 1 so you may be on the right track for the rest of the playthrough.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Allotting 10 minutes of my daily 20 minutes of Mouse Time to Al Emmo, I managed to finish Act 3 late this afternoon. If memory serves, Act 4 is also fairly short, although it, too, requires a bit of walking. Feeling more and more like I’m in an early LSL game.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top