• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 8469

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Surely enough people have played BaSS to find a leader?

It was the very first game we held a CPT for!!!

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 5030

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

TimovieMan - 04 April 2019 10:47 AM

Surely enough people have played BaSS to find a leader?

It was the very first game we held a CPT for!!!

And imagine my surprise to see myself on the first page with an old avatar, (my long-departed cocker, Pistol, playing the starring role.) The only thing I can think of is that I started playing the game and must have dropped out for some reason. Because I surely don’t remember anything about it.

As a side note: There aren’t very many playthrough participants who are still here. So searching for a leader from that group is not going to be successful me thinks.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 5804

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’ve played Broken Sword so many times I wasn’t going to vote but if it won I was intending to play. Okay I’ll vote for it now!  Smile

Total Posts: 2056

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

I played BASS a few times, it’s just that I never had a clear picture of it in my head. It always felt very random, especially the middle part that involves a lot of walking on multiple levels and *spoiler*. I was ready to join the playthrough, but not as a leader.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

I’ll lead the playthrough of BASS.

Total Posts: 5553

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Thanks for stepping up to lead, SoccerDude.  If there are no strong objections, I will call Beneath a Steel Sky the winner of the next playthrough. 

Beneath a Steel Sky (7) - SoccerDude (leader), TimovieMan, Luhr28, Henke, Subbi, Mikekelly, Chrissie

Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars (5) - Doom (leader), TimovieMan, Subbi, Lady Kestrel, Chrissie

Catyph: The Kunci Experiment (4) - Sir Beardalot (leader), TimovieMan, Lady Kestrel, Crabapple
Lighthouse (4) - Rtrooney (leader), TimovieMan, Lady Kestrel, Chrissie

The Abbey/Murder in the Abbey director’s cut (3) - Advie, Chrissie, TimovieMan
The Journey Down, Ch. 1-3 (3) - SoccerDude, Lady Kestrel, TimovieMan
Still Life (3) - TimovieMan, Rtrooney, Crabapple
Tormentum: Dark Sorrow (3) - Lady Kestrel (leader), TimovieMan, Crabapple
Unavowed (3) - Mike Kelly (leader), SoccerDude, Henke

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I only went through page 6 of the archive post TimovieMan posted. Aside from myself, the only people who are still posting here on AG that posted on the original BASS playthrough thread are Kuru and Colpet.

Is that encouraging because we have so many new players? Or discouraging because we’ve lost so many active participants? Toss up!

Good for you Soccer Dude. I will try my best to participate. More than I did in 2005.

I was really looking forward to leading Lighthouse, but, at the same time, I’m relieved that I don’t have to go through all the prep work that’s required to lead a game.

This should be fun. Pray for me since I think I am the only person who has never played the game before.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

rtrooney - 04 April 2019 08:31 PM

Pray for me since I think I am the only person who has never played the game before.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 5804

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I haven’t played it either.  Gasp

Total Posts: 600

Joined 2011-06-07

PM

I’ve played only a small fraction of the game back in the 90’s, but never even came close to completing it.
So especially since it’s been such a long time, I can consider this a new game for me.

Total Posts: 5553

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I will join the playthrough and haven’t played it either.

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I’ve dl’d both the CD and Floppy “versions” of the game from the ScummVM site.

Will wait for the game thread to open/get pinned. I guess we will also get instruction as to which version we are supposed to play.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I have Beneath a Steel Sky Remastered. It is not free and is well worth buying.

They did a great job with the remaster, worth an Aggie actually.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I can’t find the thread Time for a new community playthrough. I mean anywhere. I’ll remove this thread if it appears.

I want to nominate:

Whispers of the Machine, Mike Kelly, leader

Unavowed, Mikekelly leader.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Mikekelly - 11 May 2019 02:19 PM

I can’t find the thread Time for a new community playthrough. I mean anywhere. I’ll remove this thread if it appears.

For future reference: Game recommendations and important/popular threads Wink

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top