• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

NB I apologise giom for all the posts (& there’s a lot I know) in which I’ve misspelt your name & called you glom! Pan

No worries, I had never noticed Smile Just looked back at a PM you sent me once and you’re right though Smile

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Forever the optimist…I vote for Al Emmo.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

chrissie - 04 May 2017 01:51 PM

Meanwhile as Al Emmo keeps missing the mark please free anyone to start up an unofficial playthrough anytime!  Smile
an:

its destined to be there forever, like an honorary mention Grin

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

There’s nearly 3 weeks to go to decide on the ‘official’ playthrough so plenty of time to get through an ‘unofficial’ one if anyone wants to start it off! Smile

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I offered to do something here, but it was generally decided that it would be best to wait. I would participate, but I have too many things on my plate right now to take a leadership role. If anyone wants to bring the thread back to the first page for discussion, have at it.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 359

Joined 2012-02-16

PM

Oscar - 04 May 2017 10:20 AM

I nominate Isabelle, Zero Critical and Blue Ice.

Oscar is nominating three games with a combined review score of two and a half stars on this site. I am not sure if he is joking but I am sincerely voting for Zero Critical for now. I might join another game’s playthrough but I can’t commit to it, while I already have ZC installed and ready to go.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

(3) Al Emmo: chrissie, giom, rtrooney
(2) Anna’s Quest: chrissie, Lady Kestrel
(2) Zero Critical: Oscar, TerminusEst
(1) Isabelle: Oscar
(1) Blue Ice: Oscar

You have until 19th May 9PM GMT to submit nominations and/or vote…... also to please volunteer to be a playthrough leader.

TerminusEst - 05 May 2017 12:49 AM

Oscar is nominating three games with a combined review score of two and a half stars on this site. I am not sure if he is joking but I am sincerely voting for Zero Critical for now.

Both Zero Critical (which seems to have a very good story) & Blue Ice were rated more highly by reviewers on other sites.  Smile

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

TerminusEst - 05 May 2017 12:49 AM

Oscar is nominating three games with a combined review score of two and a half stars on this site. I am not sure if he is joking but I am sincerely voting for Zero Critical for now. I might join another game’s playthrough but I can’t commit to it, while I already have ZC installed and ready to go.

I haven’t played Zero Critical, but I liked the strange game Isabelle. (And still wear the scars of Kurufinwe’s beating in his AGSotD post about Isabelle.) A reviewer at another adventure game site, I forgot his name, also liked it. I don’t think anybody else played this obscure and completely forgotten game.

Blue Ice is also very weird but not universally hated. More like love-or-hate. It’s artsy, beautiful, fascinating and very difficult. It consists of two parts and only a few people managed to complete the entire game. 

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 359

Joined 2012-02-16

PM

Karlok - 05 May 2017 06:39 AM

I haven’t played Zero Critical, but I liked the strange game Isabelle. (And still wear the scars of Kurufinwe’s beating in his AGSotD post about Isabelle.) A reviewer at another adventure game site, I forgot his name, also liked it. I don’t think anybody else played this obscure and completely forgotten game.

For those who are curious. Wow, that was a brutal beat down.

chrissie - 05 May 2017 05:34 AM

Both Zero Critical (which seems to have a very good story) & Blue Ice were rated more highly by reviewers on other sites.  Smile

chrissie, Karlok, I honestly don’t know about Isabelle or Blue Ice but I am certain that Zero Critical was unfairly reviewed here. Ray Ivey’s review on AG.com (and its identical twin on JA+... not sure how that happened) is poorly written, poorly motivated and subjective in the extreme: he seems to ding the game majorly for its choice of color palette and for the lack of voice overs, which, you know, reasonable people can disagree about. It is clear that I disagree with RI’s taste, which makes me want to play ZC for that promised sweet sweet story…

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

TerminusEst - 05 May 2017 07:42 AM

chrissie, Karlok, I honestly don’t know about Isabelle or Blue Ice but I am certain that Zero Critical was unfairly reviewed here. Ray Ivey’s review on AG.com (and its identical twin on JA+... not sure how that happened)

Ray Ivey’s career as a reviewer started here. He left AG for Just Adventure and took his AG reviews with him. I don’t know if he had the right to do that, I vaguely remember protests, some uproar. Relations between JA and AG were not very good in those days, for various reasons. 

is poorly written, poorly motivated and subjective in the extreme:

Sad to say that goes for most of his reviews.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

I remember Ray Ivey being responsible for a lot of the non-adventure reviews on JustAdventure, or possibly all of them. Tomb Raider, Dragon Age, Diablo etc. Maybe he kicked up a fuss because he wasn’t allowed to review such games here.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Oops, I meant not to delete/alter my previous post but merely to edit it & re-post! so I apologise for the double-post so maybe a mod can delete the previous one please?
Sorry, I’ve been up since 5.30 this morning!

For the attention of any new members here would you like to take part in a group playthrough?
There will be a playthrough leader (hopefully!  Laughing) who will set the pace according to the structure of the game & all you have to do is play along through the sections/days/chapters etc within the suggested time period & post your comments/impressions + ask for help if needed!
If you don’t see a game listed below that you want to vote for please feel free to nominate a game you would like to play along with others who may prefer to play that game also.  Smile 

(3) Al Emmo: chrissie, giom, rtrooney
(2) Anna’s Quest: chrissie, Lady Kestrel
(2) Zero Critical: Oscar, TerminusEst
(1) Isabelle: Oscar
(1) Blue Ice: Oscar

You have until 19th May 9PM GMT to submit nominations and/or vote…... also to please volunteer to be a playthrough leader.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

No excuses!! I was out walking the dog at 5:22 this morning.  Innocent Of course when we got back home at 5:45 I went back to bed for a 45-minute nap.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

rtrooney - 09 May 2017 02:27 PM

No excuses!! I was out walking the dog at 5:22 this morning.  Innocent Of course when we got back home at 5:45 I went back to bed for a 45-minute nap.

Laughing Oh, to be retired!  Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 5599

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I deleted your extra post, Chrissie.

I’ve been up since 8:15, which is early for me. Smile

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top