• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady KestrelSpeedBo

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Text Adventure Playthrough #6: Lost Pig

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

>ask about alchemist
Grunk ask gnome about famous alchemist gnome.

“His name was Zugilbor Galrogginpots sem Endali dec Frebensalbibit. Many people seemed to think his inventions made him something special.” Gnome shrug. “Special enough to have this shrine built for him, anyway. But not enough to remember him a few years later.”

[Grunk can try ASK GNOME ABOUT WRITING or ASK GNOME ABOUT MOGGLEV or ASK GNOME ABOUT REAGENT or ASK GNOME ABOUT HEROES AND VILLAINS or ASK GNOME ABOUT ZUGILBOR or ASK GNOME ABOUT ALCHEMY or ASK GNOME ABOUT WATER or ASK GNOME ABOUT MAGIC or TELL GNOME ABOUT FARM. And probably lots of other thing too.]

>tell about farm
Grunk tell gnome about pig farm where Grunk help raise pig and about boss that always mad at Grunk.

“I see,” Gnome say. “Are you sure that farming is really the right line of work for you?”

[Grunk can try ASK GNOME ABOUT WRITING or ASK GNOME ABOUT MOGGLEV or ASK GNOME ABOUT REAGENT or ASK GNOME ABOUT HEROES AND VILLAINS or ASK GNOME ABOUT ZUGILBOR or ASK GNOME ABOUT ALCHEMY or ASK GNOME ABOUT RIGHT JOB or ASK GNOME ABOUT WATER or ASK GNOME ABOUT MAGIC. And probably lots of other thing too.]

>

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Fun little detail:

Gnome say, “I’ve been down here alone for at least—” Gnome look at Grunk and laugh. “Well, let’s just say it’s probably it’s probably longer than you can count.”

Wow. Gnome here for more than seven!

And our score is…?

>score
Grunk have 2 out of 7 so far.

Smile

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Lol! Nice detail
Now this is a big dialogue tree… I don’t think Grunk is getting any of it

ASK GNOME ABOUT WRITING
ASK GNOME ABOUT MOGGLEV
ASK GNOME ABOUT REAGENT
ASK GNOME ABOUT HEROES AND VILLAINS
ASK GNOME ABOUT ZUGILBOR
ASK GNOME ABOUT ALCHEMY
ASK GNOME ABOUT RIGHT JOB
ASK GNOME ABOUT WATER
ASK GNOME ABOUT MAGIC

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

>ask about writing
Grunk as gnome what “writing” mean.

Gnome say, “Writing is when you make marks that stand for words. It’s like talking, but on paper.”

[Grunk can try ASK GNOME ABOUT MOGGLEV or ASK GNOME ABOUT REAGENT or ASK GNOME ABOUT HEROES AND VILLAINS or ASK GNOME ABOUT ZUGILBOR or ASK GNOME ABOUT ALCHEMY or ASK GNOME ABOUT RIGHT JOB or ASK GNOME ABOUT WATER or ASK GNOME ABOUT MAGIC. And probably lots of other thing too.]

>ask about mogglev
Grunk ask gnome what “Mogglev” all about.

Gnome say, “Birrabee Mogglev sem Alua dec Prestim was one of the finest alchemists of his generation. He was a student of the fundamental forces, such as motion and charge. It was from his groundwork that—” Sound like gnome stutter there. “That Zugilbor Galrogginpots derived his principles of thermomechanics.”

“His Shocking Force is considered the definitive text on the force of lightning to this day.”

[Grunk can try ASK GNOME ABOUT LIGHTNING or ASK GNOME ABOUT REAGENT or ASK GNOME ABOUT HEROES AND VILLAINS or ASK GNOME ABOUT THERMOMECHANICS or ASK GNOME ABOUT ZUGILBOR or ASK GNOME ABOUT ALCHEMY or ASK GNOME ABOUT RIGHT JOB or ASK GNOME ABOUT WATER or ASK GNOME ABOUT MAGIC. And probably lots of other thing too.]

>ask about reagent
Grunk ask gnome what “reagent” mean.

Gnome say, “Reagents are the basic building blocks of modern alchemy. They’re far more useful than the classical four-element model.”

[Grunk can try ASK GNOME ABOUT FOUR ELEMENT or ASK GNOME ABOUT LIGHTNING or ASK GNOME ABOUT HEROES AND VILLAINS or ASK GNOME ABOUT THERMOMECHANICS or ASK GNOME ABOUT ZUGILBOR or ASK GNOME ABOUT ALCHEMY or ASK GNOME ABOUT RIGHT JOB or ASK GNOME ABOUT WATER or ASK GNOME ABOUT MAGIC. And probably lots of other thing too.]

>ask about heroes and villains
Grunk ask gnome about heroes and stuff.

Gnome say, “We live in an age of heroes and villains, Grunk. The rest of us, like you and I, are nothing more than supporting characters.”

Gnome swirl brown water around. Then him sip some more.

[Grunk can try ASK GNOME ABOUT FOUR ELEMENT or ASK GNOME ABOUT LIGHTNING or ASK GNOME ABOUT THERMOMECHANICS or ASK GNOME ABOUT ZUGILBOR or ASK GNOME ABOUT ALCHEMY or ASK GNOME ABOUT RIGHT JOB or ASK GNOME ABOUT WATER or ASK GNOME ABOUT MAGIC. And probably lots of other thing too.]

>ask about zugilbor
Grunk ask gnome about Zulbigor.

Gnome sigh. “One day, they’re building statues in your honor. The next, no one even remembers your name.”

[Grunk can try ASK GNOME ABOUT FOUR ELEMENT or ASK GNOME ABOUT LIGHTNING or ASK GNOME ABOUT THERMOMECHANICS or ASK GNOME ABOUT ALCHEMY or ASK GNOME ABOUT RIGHT JOB or ASK GNOME ABOUT WATER or ASK GNOME ABOUT MAGIC. And probably lots of other thing too.]

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

>ask about alchemy
Grunk ask gnome what “alchemy” mean.

Gnome say, “Alchemy is the science of studying the principles at work in nature, dissecting them into their component aspects, and then recombining them in new and useful configurations.”

[Grunk can try ASK GNOME ABOUT FOUR ELEMENT or ASK GNOME ABOUT LIGHTNING or ASK GNOME ABOUT SCIENCE or ASK GNOME ABOUT NATURE or ASK GNOME ABOUT THERMOMECHANICS or ASK GNOME ABOUT RIGHT JOB or ASK GNOME ABOUT WATER or ASK GNOME ABOUT MAGIC. And probably lots of other thing too.]

>ask about right job
Grunk ask gnome about right job for Grunk.

“That’s a very good question,” gnome say. “Personally, I think you might be fairly well suited for a career in the military. The army, that is.”

[Grunk can try ASK GNOME ABOUT FOUR ELEMENT or ASK GNOME ABOUT LIGHTNING or ASK GNOME ABOUT SCIENCE or ASK GNOME ABOUT NATURE or ASK GNOME ABOUT ARMY or ASK GNOME ABOUT THERMOMECHANICS or ASK GNOME ABOUT WATER or ASK GNOME ABOUT MAGIC. And probably lots of other thing too.]

>ask about water
Grunk ask what gnome know about water.

Gnome answer: “I’ll bet that you didn’t know that water is actually one of the very few alchemical reagents that can be found in its pure form in nature, without the need for distillation.”

Wow, gnome right! Grunk not know that!

Gnome gulp down last of brown water. Put cup back on tray.

[Grunk can try ASK GNOME ABOUT FOUR ELEMENT or ASK GNOME ABOUT LIGHTNING or ASK GNOME ABOUT SCIENCE or ASK GNOME ABOUT NATURE or ASK GNOME ABOUT ARMY or ASK GNOME ABOUT THERMOMECHANICS or ASK GNOME ABOUT MAGIC. And probably lots of other thing too.]

>ask about magic
Grunk ask gnome about magic.

Gnome say, “I suppose magic has its purposes, but I’ve always found alchemy to be much more practical.”

Gnome put tray back away inside desk.

[Grunk can try ASK GNOME ABOUT FOUR ELEMENT or ASK GNOME ABOUT LIGHTNING or ASK GNOME ABOUT SCIENCE or ASK GNOME ABOUT NATURE or ASK GNOME ABOUT ARMY or ASK GNOME ABOUT THERMOMECHANICS. And probably lots of other thing too.]

>

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

ASK GNOME ABOUT FOUR ELEMENT
ASK GNOME ABOUT LIGHTNING
ASK GNOME ABOUT SCIENCE
ASK GNOME ABOUT NATURE
ASK GNOME ABOUT ARMY
ASK GNOME ABOUT THERMOMECHANICS
Ask gnome about fountain, stream, paintings

After that I want to try something:
>w, ne, n
>get hat

and if that works:
>s, e
>get water with hat
>w, se
>pour water on powder

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

> Ask gnome about brown water
> drink cup

Or at least > get cup

And just for fun (but probably should undo it after Smile)
> punch gnome

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

>ask about four element
Grunk ask gnome about four different element.

Gnome shake head and sigh. “The four element theory of classical alchemy—earth, wind, fire and water—is actually a relic of an outmoded and wholly unscientific system of thinking.

“These days, we refer to the fundamental qualities that can be distilled from a substance as reagents. There are far more than four of them, and even some of the classical elements have been broken down. Fire, for instance, contains light, heat, water and hunger.”

Gnome open up desk and take out pipe and little bag. Then gnome fill up pipe with brown powder from bag.

[Grunk can try ASK GNOME ABOUT LIGHTNING or ASK GNOME ABOUT FUNDAMENTAL QUALITY or ASK GNOME ABOUT CLASSICAL ALCHEMY or ASK GNOME ABOUT SCIENCE or ASK GNOME ABOUT NATURE or ASK GNOME ABOUT ARMY or ASK GNOME ABOUT THERMOMECHANICS. And probably lots of other thing too.]

>ask about lightning
Grunk ask gnome about lightning.

Gnome grin. “Lightning is great, isn’t it? It’s one of the things I miss, being down here. All the phenomenal power of nature, released in one sudden strike.” Then gnome say, “That’s why my next project involves harnessing it.”

Gnome put bag on desk. Then gnome spit in pipe. Grunk see smoke come out of it.

[Grunk can try ASK GNOME ABOUT NEXT PROJECT or ASK GNOME ABOUT FUNDAMENTAL QUALITY or ASK GNOME ABOUT CLASSICAL ALCHEMY or ASK GNOME ABOUT SCIENCE or ASK GNOME ABOUT NATURE or ASK GNOME ABOUT ARMY or ASK GNOME ABOUT THERMOMECHANICS. And probably lots of other thing too.]

>ask about science
Grunk ask gnome what “science” mean.

Gnome say, “Science is about the quest for knowledge.”

Gnome put pipe in mouth and breathe in deep.

[Grunk can try ASK GNOME ABOUT NEXT PROJECT or ASK GNOME ABOUT FUNDAMENTAL QUALITY or ASK GNOME ABOUT CLASSICAL ALCHEMY or ASK GNOME ABOUT NATURE or ASK GNOME ABOUT ARMY or ASK GNOME ABOUT THERMOMECHANICS. And probably lots of other thing too.]

>ask about nature
Grunk ask gnome about nature.

“Nature’s nice enough,” gnome say, “As a source of inspiration and raw materials. But I would never say it couldn’t be improved upon.”

Gnome blow out long stream of smoke.

[Grunk can try ASK GNOME ABOUT NEXT PROJECT or ASK GNOME ABOUT FUNDAMENTAL QUALITY or ASK GNOME ABOUT CLASSICAL ALCHEMY or ASK GNOME ABOUT ARMY or ASK GNOME ABOUT THERMOMECHANICS. And probably lots of other thing too.]

>ask about army
Grunk ask gnome about job for Grunk in army.

Gnome say, “You’d get to wear a helmet, eat rotten food, and beat people up. I hear they’re recruiting.”

That not sound bad. Maybe Grunk try it some day.

[Grunk can try ASK GNOME ABOUT NEXT PROJECT or ASK GNOME ABOUT FUNDAMENTAL QUALITY or ASK GNOME ABOUT CLASSICAL ALCHEMY or ASK GNOME ABOUT THERMOMECHANICS. And probably lots of other thing too.]

>ask about thermomechanics
Grunk ask gnome about thermo-something.

Gnome say, “Thermomechanics are the principles of deriving motion from heat.”

[Grunk can try ASK GNOME ABOUT NEXT PROJECT or ASK GNOME ABOUT HEAT or ASK GNOME ABOUT FUNDAMENTAL QUALITY or ASK GNOME ABOUT CLASSICAL ALCHEMY. And probably lots of other thing too.]

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

>ask about fountain
Grunk tell gnome about how fountain not working.

Gnome sigh. “Yes, It’s been that way for quite some time. The plumbing contractor said he would be here to look at it some time between ten o’clock and the vernal equinox.” Then gnome say, “Unfortunately, he never said which vernal equinox.”

[Grunk can try ASK GNOME ABOUT NEXT PROJECT or ASK GNOME ABOUT EQUINOX or ASK GNOME ABOUT PLUMBER or ASK GNOME ABOUT HEAT or ASK GNOME ABOUT FUNDAMENTAL QUALITY or ASK GNOME ABOUT CLASSICAL ALCHEMY. And probably lots of other thing too.]

>ask about paintings
Grunk tell gnome about two big picture on wall near statue.

Gnome ask, “The black powder and the purple pole?”

Grunk nod.

Grunk say, “They’re not exactly what I’d call art, but they do get their point across.”

Gnome just sit and think.

[Grunk can try ASK GNOME ABOUT NEXT PROJECT or SHOW POLE TO GNOME or ASK GNOME ABOUT EQUINOX or ASK GNOME ABOUT PLUMBER or ASK GNOME ABOUT HEAT or ASK GNOME ABOUT FUNDAMENTAL QUALITY or ASK GNOME ABOUT CLASSICAL ALCHEMY. And probably lots of other thing too.]

>ask about stream
Grunk tell gnome about cave with stream.

Gnome say, “It’s pretty convenient, having a source of fresh water so close by, although I wouldn’t recommend trying to cross it.” Him smile. “Sometimes it’s nice just to sit and listen to it.”

Gnome smile at Grunk.

[Grunk can try ASK GNOME ABOUT NEXT PROJECT or SHOW POLE TO GNOME or ASK GNOME ABOUT EQUINOX or ASK GNOME ABOUT PLUMBER or ASK GNOME ABOUT HEAT or ASK GNOME ABOUT FUNDAMENTAL QUALITY or ASK GNOME ABOUT CLASSICAL ALCHEMY. And probably lots of other thing too.]

>w
Gnome look over at Grunk leaving. Then him go back to other thing him doing.

Table Room -> Fountain Room -> Statue Room
Statue of little man stand here, up on big stone block.

>get hat
Hat come right off! Grunk guess it not really part of statue after all.

-> Cave with Stream
>get water with hat
Grunk fill up hat with water.

-> Shelf Room
There open stone chest at back of room.

>pour water on powder
Grunk pour out water into chest. When water touch powder, it make fire! Now black powder on fire!

>

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Excellent. Now we can
>Light torch

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

>light torch
(with black powder)
Grunk set torch on fire. Mmm. Grunk like fire.

>

Cool

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Now let’s return to gnomie and ask about: next project, equinox, pole, plumber, heat, fundamental quality, classic alchemy, box, tube.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Gnome Room
Gnome sit here with pipe in hand.

On top of shelf there ball (that make light).

On top of desk there little bag.

Gnome smoke pipe.

>ask about next project
Grunk ask gnome what gnome next project.

Gnome say, “It’s something I call a ‘thinking cap’. It’s sort of a lightning-powered helmet.”

[Grunk can try ASK GNOME ABOUT HELMET THING or SHOW POLE TO GNOME or ASK GNOME ABOUT EQUINOX or ASK GNOME ABOUT PLUMBER or ASK GNOME ABOUT HEAT or ASK GNOME ABOUT FUNDAMENTAL QUALITY or ASK GNOME ABOUT CLASSICAL ALCHEMY. And probably lots of other thing too.]

>ask about equinox
Grunk ask gnome what “equinox” mean.

Gnome say, “An equinox is when the day and the night are exactly the same length.”

[Grunk can try ASK GNOME ABOUT HELMET THING or SHOW POLE TO GNOME or ASK GNOME ABOUT PLUMBER or ASK GNOME ABOUT HEAT or ASK GNOME ABOUT FUNDAMENTAL QUALITY or ASK GNOME ABOUT CLASSICAL ALCHEMY or TELL GNOME WHAT GRUNK THINK ABOUT AT NIGHT or ASK GNOME ABOUT DAY. And probably lots of other thing too.]

>show pole to gnome
Grunk tell gnome about long pole.

“That would probably be the color magnet,” say gnome. “Unfortunately, after all the looters there’ve been here, I think that green-painted one is the only one we have left.”

Gnome blow out puff of smoke. It come out like circle.

[Grunk can try ASK GNOME ABOUT HELMET THING or ASK GNOME ABOUT PLUMBER or ASK GNOME ABOUT HEAT or ASK GNOME ABOUT FUNDAMENTAL QUALITY or ASK GNOME ABOUT CLASSICAL ALCHEMY or ASK GNOME ABOUT COLOR MAGNET. And probably lots of other thing too.]

>ask about plumber
Grunk ask gnome about “plumbing contractor” thing.

Gnome say, “Most dwarves I’ve met have been perfectly trustworthy. Plumbers, however, are a decided exception.”

[Grunk can try ASK GNOME ABOUT HELMET THING or ASK GNOME ABOUT HEAT or ASK GNOME ABOUT FUNDAMENTAL QUALITY or ASK GNOME ABOUT CLASSICAL ALCHEMY or ASK GNOME ABOUT COLOR MAGNET. And probably lots of other thing too.]

>ask about heat
Grunk ask gnome about heat.

Gnome shrug. “What is there to say? It’s useful for cooking food, it’s a common impurity in light, and it’s used in thermomechanics. It also makes things warm.”

Gnome watch smoke floating in air.

[Grunk can try ASK GNOME ABOUT HELMET THING or ASK GNOME ABOUT FUNDAMENTAL QUALITY or ASK GNOME ABOUT CLASSICAL ALCHEMY or ASK GNOME ABOUT COLOR MAGNET. And probably lots of other thing too.]

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

>ask about fundamental quality
Grunk ask gnome what “fundamental quality” mean.

Gnome look like him thinking. After little bit, gnome say, “A fundamental quality of something is one of those things that make it itself. Take fire for example. It flows and consumes, and it generates light and warmth.” Gnome finish, “Thus, it can be distilled down to the reagents of water, hunger, light, and heat.”

[Grunk can try ASK GNOME ABOUT HELMET THING or ASK GNOME ABOUT CLASSICAL ALCHEMY or ASK GNOME ABOUT COLOR MAGNET or ASK GNOME ABOUT MAKING FIRE. And probably lots of other thing too.]

>ask about classical alchemy
Grunk ask gnome what “classical alchemy” mean.

Gnome wave Grunk away. “Superstitious nonsense of interest only to students of history. Classical alchemy, with its elements and its fetish for transmutation, bears little resemblance to the science that modern alchemists practice today.”

[Grunk can try ASK GNOME ABOUT HELMET THING or ASK GNOME ABOUT COLOR MAGNET or ASK GNOME ABOUT MAKING FIRE. And probably lots of other thing too.]

>ask about box
Grunk tell gnome about metal box with lever on side of it.

Gnome say, “Looks like you’ve found the autobaker. It was supposed to be a source of extra income for the shrine, but this one was too shoddily built to be profitable.” Gnome shake head. “It was used every day, but there never seemed to be any money in it.”

[Grunk can try ASK GNOME ABOUT MATH or ASK GNOME ABOUT THINKING or ASK GNOME ABOUT COLOR MAGNET or ASK GNOME ABOUT AUTOBAKER or ASK GNOME ABOUT MAKING FIRE. And probably lots of other thing too.]

>ask about tube
What that mean, ASK GNOME ABOUT STUFF ON TRAY or SHOW TUBE TO GNOME?

>show tube to gnome
Grunk ask gnome about little metal tube thing.

Gnome peer at tube. “Look at that, a whistle! I wonder where it came from. Probably dropped by one of the looters.”

Gnome suck on pipe.

[Grunk can try ASK GNOME ABOUT MATH or ASK GNOME ABOUT THINKING or ASK GNOME ABOUT COLOR MAGNET or ASK GNOME ABOUT AUTOBAKER or ASK GNOME ABOUT MAKING FIRE. And probably lots of other thing too.]

>

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Sorry giom, missed your post.

>ask about brown water
Grunk ask gnome about brown water that gnome drink.

Gnome say, “Distilling alcohol is not unlike distilling alchemical reagents.”

>drink cup
Grunk not see that there.

>get cup
Grunk not see that there.

>punch gnome
“Ow!” Gnome look hurt. “What was that for?”

Gnome blow out puff of smoke. It come out like circle.

>

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top