• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Text Adventure Playthrough #6: Lost Pig

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

>dip torch in powder (or put in powder, or put powder on torch)

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

>put torch in powder
Grunk stick torch in black powder. Then Grunk take torch back and look at it. But torch not look any different. Powder not even stick to torch.

>

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 194

Joined 2008-09-23

PM

>put pole in powder
Maybe it is something iron-y despite the fire on the painting?

A prince it is? I see. And I am Lord of this dusty path!

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

>put pole in powder
Grunk stick pole in black powder. Then Grunk take pole back and look at it. But pole not look any different. Powder not even stick to pole.

>i
Grunk have:
  key
  pole
  tube
  torch (black and sooty)
  pants (Grunk wearing them)

>put tube in powder
Grunk stick tube in black powder. Then Grunk take tube back and look at it. But tube not look any different. Powder not even stick to tube.

>fill tube with powder
Tube too small for holding much black powder. And it open at both end anyway.

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

>spit on torch
>spit on powder
>put torch in powder
(Sorry - hangover from Hoosegow!)

I’m not sure we can do much here. But I’m curious about that snoring in the closet.
>w
>shout

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

>take off pants

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

>take off pants
OK, pants off.

>spit on torch
Ptoo! Torch not really any more clean, though.

>spit on powder
Ptoo! Hiss. It make little spark! But that not enough for real fire.

>put torch in powder
Grunk stick torch in black powder. Then Grunk take torch back and look at it. But torch not look any different. Powder not even stick to torch.

>w

Closet
It dark. Grunk see lots of shadow. Grunk see doorway to east and west, too. But mostly shadow.

Chnnahshhxk!

>shout
RAAARRRR!

Strange noise stop. Then voice shout, “Ztorf!”

Room light up! Grunk see little bed and trunk and desk and little man in bed. Light come from blue ball that sit on desk. Little man climb out of bed and put on pair of pointy slipper. Him walk over and squint at Grunk. “Huh,” him say. “An orc.”

Grunk say that Grunk orc. Then little man (Grunk think him called “gnome”) pull out little stool from desk and sit down.

“Well, Grunk,” him say, “What do you want?”

>

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

>Ask about gnome
>ask about pig

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

>ask about gnome
Grunk ask gnome about gnome.

Gnome look away. “Me? I’m nobody special. I just take care of the shrine, now that no one else does.”

Gnome search around inside desk drawer for little bit, until him give up.

[Grunk can try ASK GNOME HOW LONG GNOME HERE or TELL GNOME ABOUT GRUNK or ASK GNOME ABOUT THIS PLACE. And that just what Grunk think of. There probably lots of other thing Grunk can talk about too.]

>ask about pig
Grunk tell gnome about how pig get lost.

“I can see why your boss would be mad at you,” Gnome say, “if you did indeed leave the gate open.”

Gnome go over to trunk and open it up. Him start searching in there.

[Grunk can try ASK GNOME HOW LONG GNOME HERE or TELL GNOME ABOUT GRUNK or ASK GNOME ABOUT THIS PLACE. And probably lots of other thing too.]

>

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

>ASK GNOME HOW LONG GNOME HERE
>TELL GNOME ABOUT GRUNK
>ASK GNOME ABOUT THIS PLACE

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

>ask gnome about:
-blue ball
-shrine
-powder
-shelf
-statue
-tube

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Hehe… be prepared for a large number of things you can ask gnomesie. Smile
It’s not my fault, I’m just the messenger.

>ask how long gnome here
Grunk ask gnome how long him here for.

Gnome say, “I’ve been down here alone for at least—” Gnome look at Grunk and laugh. “Well, let’s just say it’s probably it’s probably longer than you can count.”

Wow. Gnome here for more than seven!

Gnome shake head and close trunk. Then him look under bed.

[Grunk can try TELL GNOME ABOUT GRUNK or ASK GNOME ABOUT THIS PLACE. And probably lots of other thing too.]

>tell about grunk
Grunk tell gnome all about Grunk and about farm and about boss and about pig.

“Mmm,” gnome say. “I see. That’s quite the formidable quest you’re on there. But I’m sure you’re up to it.”

Gnome peek up on shelf. Then him look under desk. Then him look around at room.

[Grunk can try TELL GNOME ABOUT FARM or ASK GNOME ABOUT THIS PLACE. And probably lots of other thing too.]

>ask about this place
Grunk ask gnome about this place.

Gnome say, “This is a shrine dedicated to a gnomish alchemist who became slightly famous a number of years ago for coming up with a few random inventions.”

Gnome sigh. “Well, it’s gone. I can’t find my copy of Mogglev’s The Shocking Force anywhere.”

Gnome go back to desk and sit down.

“I don’t even know how long it’s been missing,” him say. “It’s probably in the hands of that last band of looters now.”

[Grunk can try ASK GNOME ABOUT INVENTION or ASK GNOME ABOUT ALCHEMIST or TELL GNOME ABOUT FARM. And probably lots of other thing too.]

>

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

>ask about blue ball
Grunk ask gnome about glowing blue ball on shelf.

Gnome look up at shelf. Then him pick up ball.

“That orb is a good example of mossfuressence,” him say, “Just like the glowing walls in the main shrine. I had it equipped with magic words for turning it on and off.”

Gnome show ball to Grunk. It all blue and glowy. Then him put it back on shelf.

Gnome open up desk drawer and take out tray with lots of different cup and tube and jar and bottle and thing on it.

[Grunk can try ASK GNOME ABOUT MAGIC WORD or ASK GNOME ABOUT MOSSFURESSENCE or ASK GNOME ABOUT INVENTION or ASK GNOME ABOUT ALCHEMIST or TELL GNOME ABOUT FARM. And probably lots of other thing too.]

>ask about shrine
Grunk ask gnome about this place.

Gnome say, “This is a shrine dedicated to a gnomish alchemist who became slightly famous a number of years ago for coming up with a few random inventions.”

Gnome pick up tube of thick wet black stuff. Him swirl it around. Then it turn all thick and gooey.

[Grunk can try ASK GNOME ABOUT MAGIC WORD or ASK GNOME ABOUT MOSSFURESSENCE or ASK GNOME ABOUT INVENTION or ASK GNOME ABOUT ALCHEMIST or TELL GNOME ABOUT FARM. And probably lots of other thing too.]

>ask about powder
What that mean, ASK GNOME ABOUT STUFF ON TRAY or TELL GNOME ABOUT BLACK POWDER?

>ask about black powder
Grunk tell gnome about black powder that Grunk find.

“Ah,” gnome say. “That would be dehydrated fire.”

[Grunk can try ASK GNOME ABOUT MAGIC WORD or ASK GNOME ABOUT DEHYDRATED FIRE or ASK GNOME ABOUT MOSSFURESSENCE or ASK GNOME ABOUT INVENTION or ASK GNOME ABOUT ALCHEMIST or TELL GNOME ABOUT FARM. And probably lots of other thing too.]

>ask about shelf
Grunk tell gnome about room full of empty shelf.

Gnome look sad. “Those shelves used to be completely filled with texts on alchemy and exhibits on display for shrine tourists.” Him shake head and sigh. “Unfortunately, looters have changed all that. “

[Grunk can try ASK GNOME ABOUT MAGIC WORD or ASK GNOME ABOUT EXHIBIT or ASK GNOME ABOUT TEXT or ASK GNOME ABOUT LOOTER or ASK GNOME ABOUT DEHYDRATED FIRE or ASK GNOME ABOUT MOSSFURESSENCE or ASK GNOME ABOUT INVENTION or ASK GNOME ABOUT ALCHEMIST or TELL GNOME ABOUT FARM. And probably lots of other thing too.]

[Maybe that too many. TOPICS OFF mean that Grunk not keep thinking up idea for talking about every time.]

>ask about statue
Grunk ask gnome about statue.

Gnome say, “The statue at the north end of the shrine is of the alchemist this place was built for. It’s not a bad likeness, if you ask me. Except for that silly hat.”

[Grunk can try ASK GNOME ABOUT MAGIC WORD or ASK GNOME ABOUT EXHIBIT or ASK GNOME ABOUT TEXT or ASK GNOME ABOUT LOOTER or ASK GNOME ABOUT HAT ON STATUE or ASK GNOME ABOUT DEHYDRATED FIRE or ASK GNOME ABOUT MOSSFURESSENCE or ASK GNOME ABOUT INVENTION or ASK GNOME ABOUT ALCHEMIST or TELL GNOME ABOUT FARM. And probably lots of other thing too.]

>

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

well,
>ASK GNOME ABOUT MAGIC WORD
>ASK GNOME ABOUT EXHIBIT
>ASK GNOME ABOUT TEXT
>ASK GNOME ABOUT LOOTER
>ASK GNOME ABOUT HAT ON STATUE
>ASK GNOME ABOUT DEHYDRATED FIRE
>ASK GNOME ABOUT MOSSFURESSENCE
>ASK GNOME ABOUT INVENTION
>ASK GNOME ABOUT ALCHEMIST
>TELL GNOME ABOUT FARM

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

>ask about magic word
Grunk ask gnome about magic word.

Gnome say, “Magic words usually serve to activate some already prepared magical effects in the local area, such as teleportation. They can be quite useful, and I admit I’ve used them myself—but only as a trigger for alchemy, of course.”

Gnome pick up cup of brown water and sip from it. Then him smile.

[Grunk can try ASK GNOME ABOUT EXHIBIT or ASK GNOME ABOUT TEXT or ASK GNOME ABOUT LOOTER or ASK GNOME ABOUT HAT ON STATUE or ASK GNOME ABOUT DEHYDRATED FIRE or ASK GNOME ABOUT MOSSFURESSENCE or ASK GNOME ABOUT ALCHEMY or ASK GNOME ABOUT INVENTION or ASK GNOME ABOUT ALCHEMIST or ASK GNOME ABOUT MAGIC or TELL GNOME ABOUT FARM. And probably lots of other thing too.]

>ask about exhibit
Grunk ask gnome what “exhibit” mean.

“An exhibit is…” gnome start. “Well, it’s something that you show off to people. Something that they’ll hopefully find interesting.” Gnome look over at east doorway, then back at Grunk. “We used to have quite a number of Zugilbor Galrogginpots’ inventions on exhibit here. Now only a few are left.”

[Grunk can try ASK GNOME ABOUT TEXT or ASK GNOME ABOUT LOOTER or ASK GNOME ABOUT HAT ON STATUE or ASK GNOME ABOUT DEHYDRATED FIRE or ASK GNOME ABOUT MOSSFURESSENCE or ASK GNOME ABOUT ZUGILBOR or ASK GNOME ABOUT ALCHEMY or ASK GNOME ABOUT INVENTION or ASK GNOME ABOUT ALCHEMIST or ASK GNOME ABOUT MAGIC or TELL GNOME ABOUT FARM. And probably lots of other thing too.]

>ask about text
Grunk ask gnome what “text” mean.

Gnome say, “‘Text’ is basically just another word for writing. Most of the texts we had here have been looted and probably destroyed, but I’ve tried to save one copy of Mogglev at least.”

[Grunk can try ASK GNOME ABOUT WRITING or ASK GNOME ABOUT MOGGLEV or ASK GNOME ABOUT LOOTER or ASK GNOME ABOUT HAT ON STATUE or ASK GNOME ABOUT DEHYDRATED FIRE or ASK GNOME ABOUT MOSSFURESSENCE or ASK GNOME ABOUT ZUGILBOR or ASK GNOME ABOUT ALCHEMY or ASK GNOME ABOUT INVENTION or ASK GNOME ABOUT ALCHEMIST or ASK GNOME ABOUT MAGIC or TELL GNOME ABOUT FARM. And probably lots of other thing too.]

>ask about looter
Grunk ask gnome about looting.

Gnome say, “Every few years, this place is discovered by another band of passing adventurers. They come in, search for any treasures they can swipe as souvenirs, do a little vandalism, and then get bored as soon as they realize there are no monsters around to kill.” Him shrug. “It’s deplorable, but what can you do?”

[Grunk can try ASK GNOME ABOUT WRITING or ASK GNOME ABOUT MOGGLEV or ASK GNOME ABOUT HAT ON STATUE or ASK GNOME ABOUT DEHYDRATED FIRE or ASK GNOME ABOUT MOSSFURESSENCE or ASK GNOME ABOUT ZUGILBOR or ASK GNOME ABOUT ALCHEMY or ASK GNOME ABOUT INVENTION or ASK GNOME ABOUT ALCHEMIST or ASK GNOME ABOUT MAGIC or TELL GNOME ABOUT FARM. And probably lots of other thing too.]

>ask about hat on statue
Grunk ask gnome about hat that statue wear.

Gnome say, “It wasn’t part of the original design. I think someone added it at some point, although I can’t fathom why.”

[Grunk can try ASK GNOME ABOUT WRITING or ASK GNOME ABOUT MOGGLEV or ASK GNOME ABOUT DEHYDRATED FIRE or ASK GNOME ABOUT MOSSFURESSENCE or ASK GNOME ABOUT ZUGILBOR or ASK GNOME ABOUT ALCHEMY or ASK GNOME ABOUT INVENTION or ASK GNOME ABOUT ALCHEMIST or ASK GNOME ABOUT MAGIC or TELL GNOME ABOUT FARM. And probably lots of other thing too.]

>ask about dehydrated fire
Grunk ask gnome about “dehydrated fire”.

Gnome say, “The water serves to activate and release the other bound qualities that are fundamental to flame.”

[Grunk can try ASK GNOME ABOUT WRITING or ASK GNOME ABOUT MOGGLEV or ASK GNOME ABOUT MOSSFURESSENCE or ASK GNOME ABOUT ZUGILBOR or ASK GNOME ABOUT ALCHEMY or ASK GNOME ABOUT INVENTION or ASK GNOME ABOUT ALCHEMIST or ASK GNOME ABOUT WATER or ASK GNOME ABOUT MAGIC or TELL GNOME ABOUT FARM. And probably lots of other thing too.]

>ask about mossfuressence
Grunk ask gnome about strange moss-fur thing.

Gnome say, “Isolating the qualities of mossfuressence is a goal that eluded alchemists for decades.” Then him ask Grunk, “You’re familiar with how all those stories about heroes who are lost in deep underground caverns with no torches or lanterns always have mysteriously glowing fungi and shaggy mosses growing on the cave walls?”

All story that Grunk hear about hero end with “and then orc kill hero hooray.” Grunk think that maybe not same kind of story.

“Well, regardless,” gnome say, “The essence of those furry glowing mosses has been distilled into an impure alchemical reagent. That’s mossfuressence.”

Gnome drink brown water. Him smile at Grunk. Maybe brown water tasty.

[Grunk can try ASK GNOME ABOUT WRITING or ASK GNOME ABOUT MOGGLEV or ASK GNOME ABOUT REAGENT or ASK GNOME ABOUT HEROES AND VILLAINS or ASK GNOME ABOUT ZUGILBOR or ASK GNOME ABOUT ALCHEMY or ASK GNOME ABOUT INVENTION or ASK GNOME ABOUT ALCHEMIST or ASK GNOME ABOUT WATER or ASK GNOME ABOUT MAGIC or TELL GNOME ABOUT FARM. And probably lots of other thing too.]

>ask about invention
Grunk ask gnome about alchemist invention.

“Oh, he had a few new ideas, I suppose.” Gnome look up at wall. Grunk think that mean him thinking. Or maybe him see word on wall. “There was dehydrated fire. Proof paper.” Gnome add, “And of course, there’s his work on the principles of thermomechanics.”

[Grunk can try ASK GNOME ABOUT WRITING or ASK GNOME ABOUT MOGGLEV or ASK GNOME ABOUT REAGENT or ASK GNOME ABOUT HEROES AND VILLAINS or ASK GNOME ABOUT ZUGILBOR or ASK GNOME ABOUT ALCHEMY or ASK GNOME ABOUT ALCHEMIST or ASK GNOME ABOUT WATER or ASK GNOME ABOUT MAGIC or TELL GNOME ABOUT FARM. And probably lots of other thing too.]

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top