• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

DaleVeovis

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Text Adventure Playthrough #6: Lost Pig

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Oscar - 12 February 2017 07:18 AM
Karlok - 11 February 2017 09:47 AM

EDIT: Sorry, changed my mind.

Oh that’s a shame. It would have been interesting to analyze AMFV in this new political context.

Yes, that’s my reason for a replay. We can still do it if enough people are interested. Lots of text though.

As for a new playthrough, anyone want to nominate something?

9:05 has been on my to-play list for some time. It’s apparently short and easy, which is a plus for a CP. Developed by Adam Cadre, who needs no introduction. Reviews favorable, it’s even in one of those Top Ten/Twenty/Thirty lists:

The strength and charm of some games lies in their simplicity. This certainly applies to Adam Cadre’s little game from 2000 called 9:05. At the said time our phone rings and wakes us up. It seems that we had overslept horribly. All we have to do now is to get up and leave the flat as soon as possible. Sounds simple enough, right? Yeah, but just wait till the ending… This is one of those productions in which seeing the conclusion totally changes the perception of the whole. I recommend playing it if only for the twist at the end. It’s very short, fun and clever title.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

That sounds interesting, I don’t really have time to join a playthrough right now although I would check it occasionally.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Okay, so I played 9:05 just now. It’s short alright. Half an hour at best. The parser is awful too. More importantly, it’s not very good.  Embarassed Yeah, there’s a twist at the end, but that’s it. All the other IF games we played were infinitely better. I advise against using it for the CP.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Good to know. What about the other Adam Cadre games? I haven’t played any of his work other than Photopia.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I haven’t either. We could try Varicella perhaps? But so far it’s just you and me. Where is Timovieman when you need him… Smile

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

I’d love to participate (the previous text adventure playthrough were so much fun) but won’t be available for the next 3 weeks (new project beginning), I’ll definitely check it ocasionaly

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Maybe we can wait 3 weeks? Two people playing and two people occasionally checking the thread is not my idea of a great CP.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Waiting would be my preference too.

Varicella is one of those games which requires multiple playthroughs to solve, isn’t it? I’m not sure how that would suit a CP. Endless, Nameless looked like a possibility with its “learn by failing” approach which sounds similar to Spider and Web.

Here are some more that have featured highly in recent competitions:

Brain Guzzlers From Beyond! (romance)
You are Bonnie Noodleman, Ordinary Well-Adjusted Teen-Ager, on an ordinary well-adjusted drive up Make-Out Mountain—until some gooey monstrosity from beyond the stars guzzles your boyfriend’s brains clean out of his head! Jeepers, what a pickle! Can you convince the townsfolk you’re not koo-koo, or is your thinker next on the alien menu?

Explore beautiful Canyonville, New Mexico, at the height of the 1959 Pine Nut Days festival, interact with a full cast of NPCs, perform beat poetry, tamper with baked goods, use hideously powerful space weapons to win cheap carnival trinkets, and try to avoid getting a Reputation!

Midnight, Swordfight (comedy)
How did you ever get into this predicament? A rumor, a glove thrown down onto a dance-floor? Now you’re standing in the moonlight and your knees are knocking together, although you hope that no one notices. You’re still dressed for a masquerade and nothing feels quite real. But it must be real.

Robin & Orchid (horror)
High school journalists spend the night in a church, investigating reports of a ghost.

Rover’s Day Out (sci-fi)
Three hundred years ago, the Brazilian Space Agency discovered a rocky exoplanet only 38 light years from Earth. With a surface temperature of 1200 Celsius and nine times Earth gravity, it’s hardly the sort of place you’d take your dog walkies. Most days.

Nightfall (thriller)
The Enemy is expected to arrive at any moment. Staying behind is either the stupidest or the bravest thing you’ve ever done. Only one thing - or one person - could have made you stay. So now there’s nothing for it but to find her before it’s too late.

Return to Ditch Day (collegiate)
It’s been a decade since you graduated, but now it looks like you’re going to have to solve one more Ditch Day stack.

The game has a fairly unique premise: your character must learn (or relearn) about physics and engineering to crack the code on a high-tech box. Puzzles are drawn from real-life techniques, and you learn a lot; however, the game is adapted for those with no real-life experience. You convert IP addresses to hex form and back; you learn about quantum coherence and decoherence; you learn how to use network analyzers and even cherry pickers.

Mentula Macanus: Apocolocyntosis(adult)
Stiffy Makane, or rather his ancestor Mentula Macanus, is here subjected to an increasingly-unlikely series of crudely sexual romps through the ancient world. It’s sort of like the Satyricon, except not nearly as funny.

We also have, from prior suggestions, Counterfeit Monkey and Worlds Apart.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Karlok - 12 February 2017 07:59 AM

Adam Cadre, who needs no introduction.

Karlok - 13 February 2017 06:33 AM

Where is Timovieman when you need him… Smile

Somewhat lacking the time to fully participate at the moment, sadly… Frown

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

TimovieMan - 13 February 2017 04:24 PM
Karlok - 12 February 2017 07:59 AM

Adam Cadre, who needs no introduction.

LOL!

Adam Cadre is the developer of the famous and impressive text adventure Photopia. All story, no puzzles, quite short. Strong and moving story. Not suitable for a CP, but almost everybody loves it, so if you ever wonder what to do with yourself in the next hour, play Photopia.

Karlok - 13 February 2017 06:33 AM

Where is Timovieman when you need him… Smile

Somewhat lacking the time to fully participate at the moment, sadly… Frown

Well, if three potential participants are busy, we’d better wait. Will you have time in 3 weeks?

Oscar, okay Varicella is out, I’ll have a look at the rest.

Total Posts: 294

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

I would be interested in joining in 3 weeks time. From the list, well, they all look great! I can’t decide Smile

Or what about Christminster?

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

The more the merrier! Yes, Christminster sounds good. Haven’t played it.

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

Karlok - 13 February 2017 08:19 AM

Maybe we can wait 3 weeks? Two people playing and two people occasionally checking the thread is not my idea of a great CP.

Thanks Smile Looking forward to playing the next CP Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top