• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

LGBT Topics in Adventure Games

Total Posts: 285

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

It’s pretty weird with the Gabriel Knight remake. I don’t think he is gay in the original but he is in the remake - what’s up with that?

Total Posts: 23

Joined 2007-12-03

PM

Not strictly an adventure game, but “A Normal Lost Phone” deals with LGBT issues, sexual identity, prejudices… it’s a short but very well done game.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Headycakesofdoom - 13 June 2017 06:43 AM

It’s pretty weird with the Gabriel Knight remake. I don’t think he is gay in the original but he is in the remake - what’s up with that?

I always thought gabriel and grace had something going on. Weird.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

I don’t think he is gay in the original but he is in the remake - what’s up with that?

http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/JaneJensen/20140414/215473/WRITING_HOT_MEN_FOR_GAMES_Yes_please.php

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’m a bit baffled as to how you conclude that Gabriel Knight is actually gay in the remake based on that screenshot or is there more that I’ve missed? All I see is evidence of bantering between good mates!

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

why would anyone mind if he is gay or not, i thought this doesn’t bother anyone but me here.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Advie - 18 June 2017 05:13 PM

why would anyone mind if he is gay or not, i thought

I dont know Gabriels orientation but if its now changed in remake then its issue to purists i guess

this doesn’t bother anyone but me here

I feel a bit leftist agenda if its not done properly, i think it has to be done properly, not as a acceptance or normalizing tool but something that really does some good to narrative
Only better gay male in games was in DAInquisition , rest feel fan service

There are plenty of gay females characters though Smile

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

gay female was/is never a strict issue , they can be lesbian and straight too, ‘Bi’ as said, but mostly gay male are strict about not sleeping with women, but whatever.

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Advie - 18 June 2017 05:13 PM

why would anyone mind if he is gay or not, i thought this doesn’t bother anyone but me here.

Well I mind! Not because I’ve got any issue with a character’s particular sexual preference in a game but I do have an objection to pandering to ‘political correctness’. There’s been 3 Gabriel Knight games so why should he turn up all of a sudden preferring men/being bi & more to the point I think the quote on the screenshot has been misinterpreted!
NB I work with gays, lesbians & on occasion transgender so have no problem with games that feature characters that reflect their leanings but at the same time there’s still the world of the ‘heterosexual’ which actually is okay too!

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I never played GK one or two, so I don’t have luxury of backstory here. But I never saw any sexual ambiguity in GK3. I really don’t get where this part of the conversation is going.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 259

Joined 2017-05-18

PM

Gabriel is not gay. Not in the remake, not anywhere. He’s still the same womanizer as in the original and has a thing for Malia Gedde.
Maybe cakesofdoom meant he looks gay based on his new portrait.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

McCoy97 - 19 June 2017 01:39 AM

maybe he had a change of mind since women havent been really good with him, only God and JJ know the truth. Cool

Total Posts: 1079

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

It’s the new developer’s choice same as makin him squint eyed.But in GK3 Grace’s orientation was more ambigious.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 259

Joined 2017-05-18

PM

But he isn’t gay in the remake tho!

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

Being played by Tim Curry doesn’t automatically make him gay…

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top