• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoKeybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

LGBT Topics in Adventure Games

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Goose…..pimps….?

Total Posts: 16

Joined 2011-11-22

PM

Origami - 07 October 2016 04:26 AM

Goose…..pimps….?

Bit of a derail, but something I’ve been wondering for ages….
Is Advie’s English really as crap as he makes out? He gets some quite tricky bits of grammar correct and makes odd errors. If I didn’t know better, I’d suspect he can speak English well and is deliberately trying to write badly. Is it a forum injoke or something? Like, there’s no way you’d actually write “Goose…..pimps….” when you meant “goosebumps” unless you knew the correct word, right?
Sorry for the derail, it’s just that I’ve never come across anything like it in years of teaching ESOL and it’s been bugging me.

On topic, there’s coming out on top but it’s a japanese style dating sim rather than a traditional adventure. Also it’s got sex scenes in it (tho that link is SFW).

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Rufus - 07 October 2016 05:53 AM

Is Advie’s English really as crap as he makes out?

Yes. And I’m saying that as a non-native.

Like, there’s no way you’d actually write “Goose…..pimps….” when you meant “goosebumps” unless you knew the correct word, right?

Goosebumps + goose pimples -> goose pimps. Passive knowledge versus active knowledge.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Karlok - 07 October 2016 07:45 AM

Is Advie’s English really as crap as he makes out?

Yes. And I’m saying that as a non-native.

Like, there’s no way you’d actually write “Goose…..pimps….” when you meant “goosebumps” unless you knew the correct word, right?

Goosebumps + goose pimples -> goose pimps. Passive knowledge versus active knowledge.

Shots fired!

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Goose-Pimp

Image Attachments

2770922-8065672043-mumgd.gif

Total Posts: 1075

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Is it a forum injoke or something?

Yes it is.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Gabe - 08 October 2016 12:26 PM

Is it a forum injoke or something?

Yes it is.

Advie loves Gays, Iran and Jews.
That i had figured from his posts.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Total Posts: 134

Joined 2013-04-13

PM

obviously not purely adventure by any account but masseffect series and dragonage series (which i think someone mentioned already) have endless gay/bi/lesbian etc options with the interactions between the characters.  i think elder scrolls do also, guess its big in the rpg world.

Total Posts: 813

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

They don’t have “endless” options, ME3 has a shoehorned section where you can romance a same-sex partner.
In ME 1 & 2, unless I was really blind to the signs, only the opposite-sex characters hit on Shepard. In ME3 there’s a section where suddenly you’re irresistible to everyone, but with same-sex characters this is sudden and quite jarring, as you can naturally flirt with opposite-sex characters until that point but not with same-sex ones.

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

Phlebas - 07 October 2016 09:42 AM

Grin

Advie doth protest too much, methinks.

Total Posts: 259

Joined 2017-05-18

PM

There’s a trio of transvestites in Runaway A Road Adventure, a gay couple in Walking Dead S2, Javier from Walking Dead S3 is bi, there’s a lesbian couple in Tales From the Borderlands, and a gay priest in Broken Sword 4.

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

Antrax - 12 June 2017 11:47 PM

They don’t have “endless” options, ME3 has a shoehorned section where you can romance a same-sex partner.
In ME 1 & 2, unless I was really blind to the signs, only the opposite-sex characters hit on Shepard. In ME3 there’s a section where suddenly you’re irresistible to everyone, but with same-sex characters this is sudden and quite jarring, as you can naturally flirt with opposite-sex characters until that point but not with same-sex ones.

In ME 1, if you played a female Shepard, you could have a relationship with Liara T’Soni.

Total Posts: 813

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

giom - 13 June 2017 05:30 AM

In ME 1, if you played a female Shepard, you could have a relationship with Liara T’Soni.

Good point, though technically Asari only have the one gender, admittedly with clearly feminine features.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top