• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Nico2021OOUS

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Text Adventure Playthrough #4: Anchorhead

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

>nw

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

>nw

University Court
Isolated and serene within its high, ivy-covered walls, Miskaton University represents this benighted town’s single, if somewhat dubious, claim to cultural achievement. Founded some time in the early 1800s, the school’s reputation and enrollment have diminished somewhat as Anchorhead drifts further and further into the abyss of provincial backwaterism. Still, it is generally recognized for its collection of folklore and esoteric mythology (one of the oldest and most extensive on the east coast). The Board of Deans was also kind enough to offer Michael a full professorship upon hearing of his recently discovered heritage and his plans to move into the estate. Ivory tower, perhaps, but at least they take care of their own.

There are numerous buildings surrounding this cobbled court, but the only one you are interested in is the library to the west, where Michael told you he’d be until he came back to the real estate agent’s office to pick you up. Which, incidentally, he has not yet done.

>w
You close your umbrella, as is your habit after coming indoors.

Library
Shadows roost thickly in the vaulted ceiling, and small, green-shaded desk lamps cast pools of warm radiance here and there around the library’s dim interior. You pause a moment to let the hushed peacefulness of this place soak in—a welcome relief from the unsettling events of the day. An exit lies east, and a small alcove to the north houses the circulation counter.

Peering through the shadows, you spot your husband sitting at one of the reading desks, absorbed in some sort of weighty tome and clearly oblivious to the time.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Come on, people! Let’s meet hubby.  Kiss

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

> talk to husband

Or if that doesn’t want, maybe we can pick him up Smile
> take husband

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

>hit husband with umbrella (he did forget about us Smile)
>kiss husband
>talk to husband

Edit: Ups, too late

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

>talk to michael
(about the Verlac family)
Michael looks up, startled, then realizes it’s you and smiles. “Hi, hon,” he says, closing the book and stretching. Then he glances at his watch. “Good grief, what happened to the time? I’m so sorry—I just lost track.” He smiles sheepishly.

“Well?” he asks. “Did you get the keys?”

>take husband
You don’t suppose Michael would care for that.

Michael turns to a new page in the book and begins reading intently.

>hit michael with umbrella
You would never do anything to hurt your husband.

Michael turns to a new page in the book and begins reading intently.

>kiss him
Michael smiles and kisses you back.

>talk to michael
(about the Verlac family)
“I don’t know too much about them, except for what the lawyers told us about Edward, the one who just killed himself. And even that isn’t much.”

>ask michael about edward
“I’d never heard of the guy before; I didn’t even know I had a ‘third cousin, twice removed’,” says Michael. “Kind of creepy, though, don’t you think? He went crazy, you know, killed his whole family, then killed himself in his cell up at Danvers. Just terrible. Still, we got the house and I got a professorship, so you won’t hear me complaining.”

>

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

>ask michael about house

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

>ask him about house
“The Verlac family has been living in that old place for generations; they’re an integral part of the history of this whole region. It’s really quite interesting.”

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

>give keys to michael

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

>give keys to michael
“Great!” says Michael. “You hang on to that. Just a second, I’ll put this back.” He takes the book up to the circulation desk and hands it to the librarian. “Okay then,” he says, returning, “let’s go.”

Michael suddenly smacks his forehead. “Oh, crap, I forgot to tell you. The car broke down.” He spreads his hands. “I don’t know what happened to it; one second I’m parking outside, the next second it dies and I can’t get it started again. I called a tow truck, but the nearest garage is up in Arkham. They picked it up but won’t be able to look at it until next week at the earliest. Anyway, it looks like we’ll have to walk back to the house.” He offers you a lame smile. “You can hold the umbrella.”

Your score has just gone up by two points.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Arkham. Car broke down. Of course. Smile
Where is that house now?

>e
>open umbrella

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

>score

Just want to see if there is a ranking system.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

>e
The rain is still coming down, so you open your umbrella.

University Court
Isolated and serene within its high, ivy-covered walls, Miskaton University represents this benighted town’s single, if somewhat dubious, claim to cultural achievement. Founded some time in the early 1800s, the school’s reputation and enrollment have diminished somewhat as Anchorhead drifts further and further into the abyss of provincial backwaterism. Still, it is generally recognized for its collection of folklore and esoteric mythology (one of the oldest and most extensive on the east coast). The Board of Deans was also kind enough to offer Michael a full professorship upon hearing of his recently discovered heritage and his plans to move into the estate. Ivory tower, perhaps, but at least they take care of their own.

There are numerous buildings surrounding this cobbled court, but the only one you are interested in is the library to the west.

Michael follows you.

“We really should be getting on to the house, don’t you think?” asks Michael. “It’s a bit rainy out.”

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Oscar - 29 September 2016 04:44 AM

>score

We just met the husband and that’s the first thing you think of?  Tongue

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

>score
You have so far scored 4 out of a possible 100 points; you are at the threshold of a foreboding mystery.

wilco - 29 September 2016 04:46 AM
Oscar - 29 September 2016 04:44 AM

>score

We just met the husband and that’s the first thing you think of?  Tongue

And we never even looked at hubby. Maybe he’s very ugly… or scary, after all he’s a Verlac.  Gasp

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top