• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Sefir

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Text Adventure Playthrough #3: Violet

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Length shouldn’t be a problem, but I don’t remember Anchorhead being that long. I recall it being a medium length game - no longer than Plundered Hearts or Spider and Web.

Two more I haven’t played that may be of interest -
Worlds Apart: “Suzanne Britton’s sorely underrated fantasy adventure requires a lot of patience, but is ultimately absorbing and extremely unique. It also introduces a previously unforseen level of depth and backstory for NPCs.”
Sunset Over Savannah: “You’re on the last day of your vacation, trying to decide whether to quit your job, and the wonders you uncover as you wander around the beach guide your decision. There’s no scoring system; instead, the game tracks your emotional state, which not only tracks your state of mind regarding your job but also records a wide variety of your reactions to the environment.”

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Oscar - 22 September 2016 03:52 AM

Length shouldn’t be a problem, but I don’t remember Anchorhead being that long. I recall it being a medium length game - no longer than Plundered Hearts or Spider and Web.

Yeah, medium length. But lots of rooms/locations, more than Plundered Hearts, far more than Spider and Web.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 181

Joined 2005-11-15

PM

Karlok - 22 September 2016 03:43 AM

Eriktorbjorn, your recommendations are much appreciated, but I can’t help wondering why you never participate and only suggest games you have played. Had you played Violet? Don’t you want to join a CP?

I was thinking of joining in, but I was rather busy for most of the time it was running. It did look a bit familiar (mostly the antics going on outside), so it’s probably one of those games I at least started playing once, but I don’t know if I ever finished it.

I was already quite familiar with Plundered Hearts and Spider & Web, and I particularly didn’t want to spoil the latter one even by accident. So in a way, I’m almost hoping that any suggestion of mine will be ignored. Wink

Total Posts: 194

Joined 2008-09-23

PM

eriktorbjorn - 22 September 2016 04:36 AM

Eriktorbjorn, your recommendations are much appreciated, but I can’t help wondering why you never participate and only suggest games you have played. Had you played Violet? Don’t you want to join a CP?

I was thinking of joining in, but I was rather busy for most of the time it was running. It did look a bit familiar (mostly the antics going on outside), so it’s probably one of those games I at least started playing once, but I don’t know if I ever finished it.

I was already quite familiar with Plundered Hearts and Spider & Web, and I particularly didn’t want to spoil the latter one even by accident. So in a way, I’m almost hoping that any suggestion of mine will be ignored. Wink

Were there any suggestions that you haven’t played before? If so it would make the decision a whole lot easier Smile

A prince it is? I see. And I am Lord of this dusty path!

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

Looking at the list from Luna Lost Pig looks kind of fun. Smile

Total Posts: 181

Joined 2005-11-15

PM

Luna Sevithiainen - 22 September 2016 04:39 AM

Were there any suggestions that you haven’t played before? If so it would make the decision a whole lot easier Smile

I don’t remember if I’ve played Metamorphoses or not. Counterfeit Monkey… the name seems familiar, but it’s so recent that I can’t have played it. I’ve probably just seen the title on some list. World Apart is one of those I’ve started, only to realize after a few moves that “oh dear, this looks like it will take a lot more time than I have right now”.

But don’t let that influence the decision, because I can’t guarantee that I’ll have the time to participate. I’ll definitely keep an eye on the discussion though, because even with games I have played it’s fascinating to see others react to them.

At least as long as the reaction isn’t frustration. There are some great games that are far too unforgiving to even suggest here. Smile

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

PS: I’m sitting the next one out.

Is this because of IF burn-out or another reason? I was thinking you could host Anchorhead and I could do either Lost Pig or Counterfeit Monkey, since those seem to be the popular ones. Doesn’t have to be right away though.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Oscar - 22 September 2016 06:35 AM

PS: I’m sitting the next one out.

Is this because of IF burn-out or another reason? I was thinking you could host Anchorhead and I could do either Lost Pig or Counterfeit Monkey, since those seem to be the popular ones. Doesn’t have to be right away though.

Not an IF-burnout, I really like the playthroughs. But I played some of the proposed games and don’t want to play some others (Emily Short is too cerebral for my taste). I just want to skip one and concentrate on finishing four graphical adventures. And tonight, maybe just maybe, The Dark Path will materialize. Smile

I don’t mind hosting another game later, either Lost Pig or Anchorhead. But I’m sure you’ll agree that hosting is very time-consuming.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Oscar - 22 September 2016 03:52 AM

Sunset Over Savannah: “You’re on the last day of your vacation, trying to decide whether to quit your job, and the wonders you uncover as you wander around the beach guide your decision. There’s no scoring system; instead, the game tracks your emotional state, which not only tracks your state of mind regarding your job but also records a wide variety of your reactions to the environment.”

Sounds like it’s a bit in the vein of Galatea.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

I didn’t think Galatea had any puzzles. This one does. Obviously there is a scoring system, it’s just that it’s an emotional one.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I didn’t like Galatea much, but making a statue turn her head is a puzzle, right? It was for me anyway.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Sheesh…  Frown

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Karlok - 26 September 2016 07:39 AM

Sheesh…  Frown

Hmm. Nope, haven’t heard of that one. There’s “Shade” by Andrew Plotkin, and “Shrapnel” by Adam Cadre.. but no “Sheesh”.

Tongue

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

It makes me sad, that’s all. But if nobody wants to play, nobody wants to play.

Total Posts: 194

Joined 2008-09-23

PM

I must be missing something? How do you mean nobody wants to play?

A prince it is? I see. And I am Lord of this dusty path!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top