• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Pyoro-2

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Text Adventure Tango #1: Plundered Hearts

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Oscar - 08 April 2016 01:35 PM

>USE RAG ON FIRE
You’ll have to be more specific.

USE F… rag on BLOODY fire!!! Tongue

just kidding… Put out fire with rag? Squeeze rag on fire?

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Nope. The fire is inside the cage so how are you going to squeeze the rag on it?

>EXTINGUISH FIRE WITH RAG
You aren’t anywhere near the fuse!

Hold
  Moonlight shines down the stairs through an open corner of the canvas hatch above. Rats’ scratchings counterpoint the lullaby of bilge water sloshing in the bulkheads, punctuated by footsteps slapping the deck overhead. You may move fore or aft.
  Behind a high fence, decorated by a sign, are stacked the food and ammunition supplies; casks of rum, water, flour and salt meat interspersed with kegs of gunpowder and shot. A closed gate is the only way in.
  A tiny glow of fire creeps across a stretch of floor—inside the cage full of ammunition.

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Progressive hints:

How can I put out the fire in the hold?

We have a water-soaked rag, but there’s a locked cage blocking the way to the fuse.

There must be some way to get the rag in the cage to put out the fire.

Examine the cage.

How can I get off the ship?

We know that if we fall in the water, we drown.

Is there any way we can stop ourselves from drowning?

Maybe something on the deck can keep us afloat? We will need to be inventive here.

Total Posts: 56

Joined 2016-03-17

PM

diego - 06 April 2016 08:36 PM

OK, one theme song right up!!! Tongue

Too much! Awesome Smile

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Nobody…?  Cry

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Karlok - 10 April 2016 08:43 AM

Nobody…?  Cry

Sigh. Looks like our beautiful heroine will never get to the ball or save her father.  Cry

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Cook slab of pork on fire Grin

Throw rag on a fuse?

Use rag on a knife - Use knife with a rag on a fuse?

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

>THROW RAG ON FUSE
You throw the rag over the gate. Luckily, it lands directly on the burning end of the fuse. With a sputter and a sigh, the flame dies.

Ha, I actually thought that wouldn’t work. If you examine the cage (which we never did) you find a gap at the top, and I thought you needed to throw it through that. Who said text adventures were unforgiving?

Onward!

>I
You have a bit of mirror, a leather bottle, a jewelled brooch, a slab of pork, a dagger and your reticule (hanging from your wrist). It seems that your reticule contains a cotton frock, a missive, an invitation, smelling salts and a banknote. You are wearing breeches, a shirt, your kid slippers and a linen chemise.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Oscar - 10 April 2016 03:39 PM

Ha, I actually thought that wouldn’t work. If you examine the cage (which we never did) you find a gap at the top, and I thought you needed to throw it through that. Who said text adventures were unforgiving?

Yeah, well what I imagined in my head is kind of prison “gate”, like this:

and that there’s enough space not only on the top, but also to put your hand through the bars…

Anyway, that barred door, is it barred from the other side?! If not, I’d go there and remove the barricade. If it is, then let’s go to the Landing and down, and see what we can do about that locked door. Lock pick door with brooch?

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Aren’t the locked door and the barred door the same??

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

No, they’re not (on the map).

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Karlok - 10 April 2016 06:34 PM

Probably. But I don’t think you need to get inside, do you?

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

It looks like they are different doors on the map, but I checked just now. The door on the quarterdeck is the one Jamison barred when he left and the same one you can’t go up to on the landing just outside the Captain’s cabin.

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

diego - 10 April 2016 06:09 PM

Anyway, that barred door, is it barred from the other side?! If not, I’d go there and remove the barricade. If it is, then let’s go to the Landing and down, and see what we can do about that locked door.

>up
You slip lithely through the canvas hatch.

Main Deck
  It is a deceptively quiet evening on the ship, the pirates singing low shanties as they repair cannon, twist ropes and sharpen daggers. The mainmast casts an inky shadow over the open hatch and stairs leading down to the hold. A tangled mass of rigging hangs down from the mast, like many rope ladders woven together.
  Two large barrels stand near the stair to the foredeck.

>s
Quarterdeck
  No torches are lit, or needed on this moonlit night, except in the deep shadows cast by the huge navigation wheel. Men move about to the fore, talking quietly. Under the stairs aft to the poop is a barred door.
  Abaft the wheel sits a large pyramid of casks, held in place by a heavy rope.
  Cannon line the deck, aimed at open sea and the island.

>open door
Someone yells from ahead, “Cap’n ‘ll have your hide if you go down there!” You haven’t the strength to lift the bar anyway.

Lock pick door with brooch?

Landing
>pick lock with brooch
That doesn’t work here.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Oscar - 10 April 2016 06:46 PM
Karlok - 10 April 2016 06:34 PM

Probably. But I don’t think you need to get inside, do you?

There is no inside, it’s just a door to get to the quarterdeck.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top