• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

apignarb

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Playthrough Tie-breaker rules

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

chrissie - 08 July 2016 12:09 PM

Why?????

To get people to answer of course.
10 days? 15 days?
Some other duration along the lines of what TimMovieMan suggested or what rtrooney said is used in the casual CPT?
Stick with what appeared to be the final decision in this thread or revise it?

Because it’s not at all clear to me that 10 days is still what people want.

If you’re determined to misinterpret what I post, there’s nothing I can do about that.
I’m tired of all the arguments about voting rules and I want to see an end to them.

I don’t care who tallies votes.
Everyone who’s done it in the past has done a good job as far as I can tell.
The advantage of Karlok doing it would be, in Karlok’s own words…

Karlok - 07 July 2016 05:38 AM

Nobody else wants to do it and the biggest pain in the ass will have to follow the rules instead of complaining about them. Smile

Makes sense to me, and there’s only one way to find out how well it works.
It’s not like counting votes is a particularly desirable job.

Iznogood - 07 July 2016 10:36 PM

Talk about “Set the fox to guard the henhouse”.

I don’t know about that. Voting is open, so everyone who wants to can check the tallies.
Maybe it’s more like “set the biggest hen to guard the henhouse.”

giom - 08 July 2016 04:34 AM

I do feel sorry and claim responsibility that I’ve had a part in causing the current discussion and disagreement due to the mistake I made back in April with the number of days. But just can’t bring myself to care beyond that.

It’s not your fault.
No one else remembered either, and if the mistake had been caught right away, we wouldn’t be having these arguments now.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

rtrooney - 07 July 2016 10:23 PM

I’m giving up as well. Just got news that grand-daughter was involved in a car crash. More things on my mind than anything on this thread.

Hope she is fine.
Best wishes.

Total Posts: 5052

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

She’s a head chef for the sports department at the University of Notre Dame. Also works some odd pastry chef jobs to help make ends meet. Also loves ballroom dancing and participates in various tournaments and teaches one night a week. Heavy schedule. Fell asleep at the wheel. 60 mph solo crash, and the air bags did not deploy. Concussion and serious bruising. She was VERY lucky.

Thanks for all the good thoughts. She’s our only grand-daughter, and I’m having a hard time processing this.

Whomever is in charge….set the rules and be done with it. Suggestion. don’t do 10 or 15 days. Do one week or two weeks. Monday to Monday is a lot easier to master than Thursday after the following Tuesday, starting today. Simplicity always wins over complexity.

Again, thanks for all the good wishes.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top