• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Florus

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Playthrough Tie-breaker rules

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

chrissie - 06 July 2016 03:59 PM

There’s a lot of confusion about whether there’s 10 or 15 days for the ‘1st’ round but in the last play through which Resonance won the voting started on 13th April (2016) & ended on 28th April (2016) - despite there being no ties that amounts to 15 days & there weren’t any complaints.

There were. Mine. Iznogood chose not to respond to them. And you don’t even notice them.

My thought is that as there’s now some dispute it needs to be further clarified on what time frame there should be for the ‘1st’ round so please cease to blame Iznogood for getting caught up in this confusion.

We should simply apply the rules as already decided on in this thread.

PS: Like I said before, I will do the tallying for the next CP. Nobody else wants to do it and the biggest pain in the ass will have to follow the rules instead of complaining about them. Smile

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Karlok - 07 July 2016 05:21 AM

I say, let’s try the new rules you people agreed on first.

Sorry. This entire thing has gone deep into Ridicule Land for me. I’d love to see how heated the discussions would get here if they were about a topic that was actually important…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

TimovieMan - 07 July 2016 05:47 AM

I’d love to see how heated the discussions would get here if they were about a topic that was actually important…

Pick an important topic.  Tongue

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

chrissie - 06 July 2016 03:59 PM

There’s a lot of confusion about whether there’s 10 or 15 days for the ‘1st’ round but in the last play through which Resonance won the voting started on 13th April (2016) & ended on 28th April (2016) - despite there being no ties that amounts to 15 days & there weren’t any complaints.

Karlok - 07 July 2016 05:38 AM

There were. Mine. Iznogood chose not to respond to them. And you don’t even notice them.

I’m sorry Karlok if I missed your complaints in the voting for the last play through - it was a relief not to be the person organising it! & although I promoted some setting of rules from other members I didn’t set them & to be quite honest care nothing for some of them as it matters not to me whether it takes 10 or 15 days or whatever for the voting!
The only thing I ever thought was wrong was that in the event of a tie-break only the members that voted for those games were allowed to vote whereas now anyone can which I think is fairer.     

Karlok - 07 July 2016 05:38 AM

PS: Like I said before, I will do the tallying for the next CP. Nobody else wants to do it and the biggest pain in the ass will have to follow the rules instead of complaining about them. Smile

I’ve certainly got no problem with that as I definitely don’t want to do it again myself!  Laughing

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

So are we all in agreement that Karlok will manage the voting for the next CPT,
with 10 days for the first round and other rules based on giom’s post that chrissie
quoted in post #46 of this thread?

Total Posts: 5052

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I’ve tried several times to simply say “No!” but apparently the forum requires more than three characters to be recognized as a response. So, after all this I will say No!

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Karlok - 07 July 2016 05:59 AM

Pick an important topic.  Tongue

Cops killing black people in America.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

crabapple - 07 July 2016 07:10 PM

with 10 days for the first round and other rules based on giom’s post that chrissie

I’m so fed up with posts being twisted around here - I don’t think that me (personally)  not minding Karlok managing the next CPT, as I’ve not long said it, is in the least bit representative of anyone else’s opinion so how crabapple did you ever get to the conclusion that ‘we are all in agreement’ from my post? If you (or anyone else apart from Tim who just has) disagree(s) just say it!

Yes, I quoted a lot of things from other member’s suggestions to try & help the future of CPT voting to hopefully be less volatile but it obviously hasn’t worked too well!
Perhaps you would like to put yourself forward to do a better job the next time crabapple - yes?

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I’m giving up as well. Just got news that grand-daughter was involved in a car crash. More things on my mind than anything on this thread.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

So are we all in agreement that Karlok will manage the voting for the next CPT ...

LOL - Talk about “Set the fox to guard the henhouse”.

rtrooney - 07 July 2016 10:23 PM

I’m giving up as well. Just got news that grand-daughter was involved in a car crash. More things on my mind than anything on this thread.

Sorry to hear that, I hope she is alright.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

rtrooney - 07 July 2016 08:24 PM

I’ve tried several times to simply say “No!” but apparently the forum requires more than three characters to be recognized as a response. So, after all this I will say No!

Is it the rules per giom’s post quoted earlier in this thread that you want to change/revise?
Or is it the idea of Karlok tallying votes that you don’t like?

chrissie - 07 July 2016 09:29 PM

I’m so fed up with posts being twisted around here - I don’t think that me (personally)  not minding Karlok managing the next CPT, as I’ve not long said it, is in the least bit representative of anyone else’s opinion so how crabapple did you ever get to the conclusion that ‘we are all in agreement’ from my post? If you (or anyone else apart from Tim who just has) disagree(s) just say it!

Excuse me but you’re the one doing the “twisting” here.
All I did was ask a question.
Anyone who disagrees and wants different rules, or a different person tallying votes, is welcome to speak up.

Back in March 7 this thread ended with a whimper and no one even remembered the result.
So we got a lot of argument all over again—exactly what this thread was intended to prevent.
I’d rather not see that happen again.

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

I’m very sorry to hear that.
I hope she will be OK.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Iznogood - 07 July 2016 10:36 PM

So are we all in agreement that Karlok will manage the voting for the next CPT ...

LOL - Talk about “Set the fox to guard the henhouse”.

And that’s coming from someone who doesn’t even remember the rules he is supposed to guard…

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

Here’s the thing, last time I took the time to try to codify rules following people’s wishes in this thread in order to stop having so much arguing whenever doing a vote. This has obviously been a failure.

So, from now on, I do not care about what people decide to do or how this is managed, I’ll just be there if there’s a CPT if I’m free but won’t care beyond that… There are more important things to think about and care about and I prefer to play games rather than argue around for ultimately unimportant things.

I do feel sorry and claim responsibility that I’ve had a part in causing the current discussion and disagreement due to the mistake I made back in April with the number of days. But just can’t bring myself to care beyond that.

All my wishes to your grand daughter. Hope she will be OK.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

crabapple - 07 July 2016 11:16 PM

All I did was ask a question.

Why?????

PS Tim, I hope your grand-daughter is okay?  Heart

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top