• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Gamers Challenge! #5: Memoria

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

OK, just started the game and I think that… (shhhh... the challenge started SIX days ago!!!) uhhh, yeah, well, sure… I mean, alright, I might fail at yet ANOTHER challenge, but just wanted to chip in by saying that I love that friggin’ epic intro, and it’s always a pleasure to see a game that lets you choose whether you want that item combination help or not (personally, I think it’s a rubbish trend that should be ignored Tongue ). One thing I didn’t like in the original either are those stiff character “paper-cut” animations.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Also, I already heard 2 melodies that I liked instantly - the menu music, and the theme played in the intro credits - could this be Daedalic’s best soundtrack yet?

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

diego -

choose whether you want that item combination help or not (personally, I think it’s a rubbish trend that should be ignored Tongue ). One thing I didn’t like in the original either are those stiff character “paper-cut” animations.

you are damn right,  diego. tho this game has three levels on combination choise that make it unique at determining the game difficulty .

[quote author=“diego” date=“1455733133”]>Also, I already heard 2 melodies that I liked instantly - the menu music, and the theme played in the intro credits - could this be Daedalic’s best soundtrack yet?

i disagree, the game soundtrack is quite touchy,  but yet stands as the worst excution for most of Deadalic games soundtracks, imo.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

zane - 16 February 2016 09:06 PM

Finished, it was indeed a very good game, and that was an excellent phoenix wright parody Grin
Still very much on my mind: what was the answer to the riddle? Or perhaps the answer just does not matter, because sadja did not know it, so her life was forever “owned” by fate.

It could have been just something relaetd to the door as Geron mentioned but I don’t think it matters in the end.

And I never noticed the combination helper in the menu.  Gasp

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Since the end of the challenge time is approaching (thanks zane!) I would like to put up some consideration for the next one. My first choice is Plundered Hearts (I hope you dont mind karlok Smile ) but I don’t want to play it alone so I’d like to know if there is interest in playing a text adventure for a change.

Total Posts: 208

Joined 2014-01-27

PM

wilco - 18 February 2016 08:57 AM

Since the end of the challenge time is approaching (thanks zane!) I would like to put up some consideration for the next one. My first choice is Plundered Hearts (I hope you dont mind karlok Smile ) but I don’t want to play it alone so I’d like to know if there is interest in playing a text adventure for a change.

Still not really close to finishing Memoria, so I’m going to skip on this one.

“Look behind you, a three-headed monkey!”- Guybrush Threepwood

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

I could do a text adventure, provided its obtainable digitally. Ill have to take a closer look and see how obtainable plundered hearts is.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

I’d like to know if there is interest in playing a text adventure for a change.

yes,  yes! SQIII Tongue

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

If Danganronpa turns out to be half as good as people have been saying, I’ll probably focus on that and end up skipping the next challenge, no matter what game gets picked. We’ll see.

zane - 18 February 2016 01:30 PM

I could do a text adventure, provided its obtainable digitally. Ill have to take a closer look and see how obtainable plundered hearts is.

On iOS, it’s available for $3 as part of the Lost Treasures of Infocom app. Not sure if it’s available legally on other platforms. (Not that I’d lose any sleep over Activision, of all companies, not making money off a 30 year-old game anyway, but maybe that’s just me.)

Total Posts: 208

Joined 2014-01-27

PM

diego - 17 February 2016 01:01 PM

OK, just started the game and I think that… (shhhh... the challenge started SIX days ago!!!) uhhh, yeah, well, sure… I mean, alright, I might fail at yet ANOTHER challenge, but just wanted to chip in by saying that I love that friggin’ epic intro, and it’s always a pleasure to see a game that lets you choose whether you want that item combination help or not (personally, I think it’s a rubbish trend that should be ignored Tongue ). One thing I didn’t like in the original either are those stiff character “paper-cut” animations.

Diego and I are the stragglers Smile

“Look behind you, a three-headed monkey!”- Guybrush Threepwood

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

24h later and no takers on Plundered Hearts. Frown

Another proposition; anyone up for some Shadow of the Comet? It’s on promo on gog

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

wilco - 19 February 2016 09:09 AM

24h later and no takers on Plundered Hearts. Frown

Another proposition; anyone up for some Shadow of the Comet? It’s on promo on gog

I’ve got to admit if I could have found Plundered Hearts to buy anywhere (which I couldn’t!) I’m not sure I’m in the mood to play a text AG at the mo - but I’m surprised that there’s not more interest as didn’t it get a few votes when nominated for a previous CPT?

I’ll have a go at Shadow of the Comet though if that’s what you decide wilco! Smile

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

hmm hmm yes i think i could give that a try. Despite being a fan of lovecraft, its a game i have avoided mostly because of its reputation as having not aged well. I could at least give it a try.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Shadow of the Comet it is! thread will go up tommorrow

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Mind?? If I’d read this thread I would have supported you! Yeah, so let’s do a text adventure next time. Smile

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top