• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

zobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Gamers Challenge! #5: Memoria

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Finish chapter 2. Story is sure going interesting places. All things point out for the princess to be the demon for now.
The puzzle design is simple but fun. Dialogue puzzle, grab the 3 things to mode along. The magic is an interesting design but I hope we get more powers besides fixing and breaking glass…
I like that the achievements are connected to our failing, and it led to biggest lol moment so far. The magical device in the dormitory, yes, I was baited. You got me Daedalic Smile
And Nuri bird is kind of annoying, glad it was mostly sleeping through the chapter. The other characters were fine.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

I’m somewhere in chapter 3. Just finished a maze that looked like it would never end. I guess it was nice that the game gave us tools to explore it systematically without having to draw a map, but it still took forever and wasn’t all that interesting. Still, glad to be spending a bit of time with Sadja; she’s definitely intriguing, and it’s unclear what her motivations are at this point.

Chapter 2 was fine. Not much to say about it.

Oh, one thing: I vaguely remember that, when the game was released, people said that it was very different from Chains of Satinav. I’m not really seeing that yet; the two games feel pretty similar, both in terms of story and gameplay.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I’m at 70% of The ABC Murders.. the game started weak, but got somewhat better, and I want to finish it today or tomorrow, and then I’ll start with Memoria.  (I thought Chains of Satinav was pretty solid, though I hated the paper-cut cutscenes and less fluid character’s animation).

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Did you ever finish Cognition?

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Finished chapter 3, it was ok, pretty small. Was stuck in the labyrinth for a bit because I wasn’t using the berries at first. That damn “skip maze” button taunting me but I avoided it…
The new mechanic at the end was cool, it was very similar to Cognition. The second puzzle with it took me a while to get it right.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Kurufinwe - 13 February 2016 04:09 PM

Did you ever finish Cognition?

Don’t overestimate me! Grin I’m know to never finish a game… Wink (I finished the first episode, thought the game got better but I was annoyed but the general “slowness” of everything that is happening on screen that I lost interest… I’m keeping it on the hard drive installed waiting for when I’m older and more patient. Yum )

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Finished chapter 3. The mystery deepens… The story is definitely much stronger than Satinav’s.

At this point, I’m pretty much convinced that Sadja is not going to the big battle to fight against the demons, but rather alongside them.

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

diego - 13 February 2016 04:21 PM

Don’t overestimate me! Grin I’m know to never finish a game… Wink

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Kurufinwe - 13 February 2016 04:44 PM

Finished chapter 3. The mystery deepens… The story is definitely much stronger than Satinav’s.

At this point, I’m pretty much convinced that Sadja is not going to the big battle to fight against the demons, but rather alongside them.

That’s a good theory. I can see that.

Total Posts: 208

Joined 2014-01-27

PM

I’ve been busy the past few days, so I just finished the Intro and started Chapter 1. Liking the graphics and atmosphere so far. As with most Daedalic games, the voice acting needs some work though.

“Look behind you, a three-headed monkey!”- Guybrush Threepwood

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Finished chapter 4. The story is getting really interesting—and a bit unsettling. I’m curious to see where it’s going. Also, I’m getting very suspicious of that shadow person who always turns up in the right place.

By the way, Geron may be the only person in the universe who hasn’t figured out that Nuri wants to (and is probably going to) remain a bird. Come on, Ger; pay attention.

Gameplay-wise, I like that we keep getting more magical powers. That being said, the puzzles are getting a bit disappointing. When the game gets divided into tiny linear sections with only a handful of items and hotspots in each, the puzzles basically solve themselves.

Also, I’m a bit pissed about the elements riddle: EARTH brings life to everything?!? Erm, I’m pretty sure all the ocean life would disagree with that…

EDIT: Oh, and I’m glad that, on Steam, the achievements are sorted in chronological order and have helpful descriptions. I’m trying to get all of them, and for the moment I’m succeeding.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

wilco - 13 February 2016 02:34 PM

And Nuri bird is kind of annoying, glad it was mostly sleeping through the chapter. The other characters were fine.

Hey shes not in a great condition cut her some slack Tongue But then even in the first game shes the kind of character that turned some people off. Shes extremely silly and naive (shes not from this world after all). And now here she also sounds really sad and almost whiney. I dont know, i like her anyway. Her reasons to be sad are legit.
I just finished the 2nd chapter and am in the third chapters maze. I like it so far. Puzzles are a fine level of challenge and the story is intriguing.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Chapter 4 was fine but too small but I’m stuck somewhere along Chapter 5,  and seems to be the best chapter so far. Really liking where the story is going and Drakonia is at least a big place to explore.
The princess is a cool protagonist since her motivation seems to be just getting power and making a name for herself because of what happened. It surely won’t end well Smile

zane - 14 February 2016 11:13 AM
wilco - 13 February 2016 02:34 PM

Hey shes not in a great condition cut her some slack Tongue But then even in the first game shes the kind of character that turned some people off. Shes extremely silly and naive (shes not from this world after all). And now here she also sounds really sad and almost whiney. I dont know, i like her anyway. Her reasons to be sad are legit.

I’m missing the connection with her because of the first game she does seem like a downer… Just fly already woman/bird Smile

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Done with Chapter 5. Really, really good. Great location, clever puzzles, lots of story reveals. I agree with wilco that this is the best chapter so far.

Now that we know what the mask does, it’s pretty clear where Geron’s story is going. (And I know which of the mask’s powers I’ll choose to use if I have any say in the matter. If I could scrub out all memories of Nuri from my head as well as Geron’s, I’d gladly do it.) No idea what’s going to happen with Sadja, though—and I’m looking forward to finding out.

By the way, are we ever going to find out how Prince Whatever escaped and reached the garden, or is that just going to be a plot twist that conveniently comes out of nowhere?

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Also finished chapter 5 now. I was missing the ruby in darkness to reverse and the correct order of the elements. Awesome puzzles! Thumbs Up

Kurufinwe - 14 February 2016 02:18 PM

By the way, are we ever going to find out how Prince Whatever escaped and reached the garden, or is that just going to be a plot twist that conveniently comes out of nowhere?

When eavesdrop into into prince and find out his plans, he was talking to that servant girl, right? She probably helped him when they took off to the fortress, or maybe he also got himself a air buddy Smile

The garden scene and it’s rules was great!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top