• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieSefir

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Gamers Challenge! #5: Memoria

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

wilco - 14 February 2016 03:00 PM

Also finished chapter 5 now. I was missing the ruby in darkness to reverse and the correct order of the elements. Awesome puzzles! Thumbs Up

I got the ruby after I had found the anti-lantern and the stained-glass window, so that clicked immediately. And that table downstairs had been bugging me for a while, so the hexagon and the symbols in the prison rang a bell and I made the connection quickly.

However, I was stuck for quite some time before figuring out that you had to use the piece of paper to complete the diagram at the lake. Also, I spent far too long trying to do something with the ice statue.

Finished chapter 6. Very fun, very short. Meh I’m enjoying the game, I don’t want it to be over so soon.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Kurufinwe - 14 February 2016 04:52 PM

I got the ruby after I had found the anti-lantern and the stained-glass window, so that clicked immediately. And that table downstairs had been bugging me for a while, so the hexagon and the symbols in the prison rang a bell and I made the connection quickly.

However, I was stuck for quite some time before figuring out that you had to use the piece of paper to complete the diagram at the lake. Also, I spent far too long trying to do something with the ice statue.

Kept thinking I had to find a seventh symbol and didn’t made a connection immediately to order down below. Also tried to do things to the statue (like using the fire elemental to get it out…) but then I noticed the books moving…

I wonder if she remembered to turn the artisan back into human form from crystal? Smile

Also done with chapter 6, that waaaaay too small and mostly played by itself but I liked the revelation at the end.
Back to the good stuff

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

wilco - 14 February 2016 05:52 PM

I wonder if she remembered to turn the artisan back into human form from crystal? Smile

Hopefully. I hesitated far, far more than she did at that point. That girl’s crazy.

Total Posts: 208

Joined 2014-01-27

PM

Well I’m a bit behind you guys. I just finished Chapter 1.

“Look behind you, a three-headed monkey!”- Guybrush Threepwood

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Well, I finished the game now, last 2 chapters were kind of small
Awesome ending, great game!

Seriously, took me by surprise

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Congratulations to wilco! i am enjoying it as well.
I just lol’d at the moment in chapter 4 where bodiak crumbles into dust and geron just says “uh oh” Tongue

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Congratulations wilco!

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

zane - 14 February 2016 07:18 PM

Congratulations to wilco! i am enjoying it as well.
I just lol’d at the moment in chapter 4 where bodiak crumbles into dust and geron just says “uh oh” Tongue

Wait until you see what Geron will do to the dust to solve a puzzle Smile

Edit: And thanks to both. I wanted to at least win one of these! Oh, but now I’ll actually have to choose the next one in 6 days Neutral

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

im in the middle of chapter 5 now and avoiding spoiler tags until i can get farther Tongue
I think this has been the best segment of the game so far, it has all the elements of a fun adventure (pun unintended Tongue). It reminds me of my favorite area in CoS the faery realm.

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Challenge completed. 10 hours, all achievements obtained (with only a little bit of help for a couple of those).

Fantastic conclusion to a very strong game. Chapter 7 had some fun puzzles (except the idiotic one where you have to figure out where the statues are in the third tower). And then chapter 8 was brilliant.

I’ve spent the entire playthrough vaguely afraid that the game would fail to bring a satisfying conclusion to all its mysteries, but it didn’t. Everything made sense, and it concluded where it had begun, with a clever and beautiful answer to the original riddle. Ultimately, all the greatest my favourite stories are about the power of story-telling, and Memoria definitely belongs in that category.

The game had its share of memorable characters, above all Sadja (an unusual, refreshing lead character) and the staff (the story’s unexpected emotional core). I played with the German voices; I thought they were generally good, but the actor who played the staff really stood out with his haunting performance.

Geron’s side of the ending felt a bit weaker, especially all the stuff with Nuri—that bit seemed to have been there only because it was left unresolved in the previous game rather than because it added anything to Sadja’s story. In the end, I decided to let her roam free as a bird (but also watched the other ending to get the achievement). It didn’t really feel like it mattered anyway: the story was never about Nuri.

Maybe we’ll get a sequel starring Sadja and the staff, finally gaining a spot in the history books.

Anyway, great playthrough. I’m glad zane picked this game. (I was going to play it at some point anyway, but it was more fun to do it while discussing it.)

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Yay, ending discussion!

Kurufinwe - 15 February 2016 06:08 PM

Challenge completed. 10 hours, all achievements obtained (with only a little bit of help for a couple of those).

Fantastic conclusion to a very strong game. Chapter 7 had some fun puzzles (except the idiotic one where you have to figure out where the statues are in the third tower).

I liked that one figuring out the pattern for the statues was a good moment. Had to write the location in other towers. I thought the weak part of chapter 7 was the beginning with the weapons puzzle. It wasn’t hard but felt artificial and too much try “everything on everything”.

Kurufinwe - 15 February 2016 06:08 PM

And then chapter 8 was brilliant.

That I completely agree. The ending twist for the riddle was amazing! Really satisfying. Sadja really was a very strong protagonist.
Only part I was a bit disappointed is that it doesn’t matter if you or the apprentice tell the story. She always takes over. I guess that was needed or it would lead to a very different path. I saw both endings but did change Nuri back first.

I ended up playing the english version and most os the voices them were fine (children were the problem). The high point was also the staff voice - a very good job.

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

(I would very much like to say that I’m not proud of this, but that would be a lie.)

Aah, I will destroy the world!

Has it all been for nothing…?

[spoiler]Phoenix… Think outside the box! You know Sadja wasn’t a princess…[/spoiler]

She wasn’t a princess…

Aaaaaaaaaah!

Since the start of this case, I’ve wondered why Sadja refused to read the riddle aloud.

But this new testimony reveals the truth.

She was a girl from the streets: she couldn’t read!

And therefore she couldn’t have read the words on the back of the mask and erased herself from existence!

The princess wasn’t a princess???

I, Satinav, am convinced!

Nooooooooo!

Booyah!

Hello, my name is Nuri. Who are you?

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

LOL, be proud, that’s amazing

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

now i cant wait to finish the game so i can look at all of these phoenix wright captioned spoilers Tongue

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Finished, it was indeed a very good game, and that was an excellent phoenix wright parody Grin
Still very much on my mind: what was the answer to the riddle? Or perhaps the answer just does not matter, because sadja did not know it, so her life was forever “owned” by fate.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top