• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #36: ASA: A Space Adventure

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I’ve fallen behind but I think I’ll manage to finish it this week

Total Posts: 107

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Ok, I’ve done the crossword and have the processor but stuck now.

There’s a safe? with 6 sets of lenses but can’t see what I’m supposed to do there. Am I missing something?

Total Posts: 487

Joined 2012-10-03

PM

@Noddy
This puzzle mainly requires observation.

The basics:
There are 12 lenses. Each column of 6 lenses contains a single theme. Each row of 2 lenses shows a “similar object”.

There are 2 possibilities to solve this:
1- use your notes about the Command Room, where you could find “sculptures”
or
2- proceed with logic with the column on the right first.

In details:

Solution1:
Rebuild the sculpture “Anterrans plan for the Monolith” found in the Control Room (where you can’t go anymore if you have the Cube), in the column on the left.
Find the correspondance in the column on the right. The first raw is given already: the black box corresponds to the monolith. You should be able to find the other raws.

Solution2:
Focus on the column on the right. It contains “photos” of different places. The first photo is given (the monolith). Then just place the other ones in order from top to bottom, on the idea that it always needs to be a largest place than before. So you should guess that the last line is the space.
Then find the corresponding object on the left: each of the real places are represented by a geometric shape. You have to find which one.

I will give the full solution later if you need.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

I’ve now reached the puzzle with the safe and have been stuck for a day trying to open it. I tried all kinds of combinations but it doesn’t seem to work.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Hello alana33. It is traditional in many AGCPs here, when they near their end, for a bot to come by. Something of a good luck.

Now this made me chuckle…..

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Simon_ASA - 21 November 2015 12:49 PM

There are 2 possibilities to solve this:
1- use your notes about the Command Room, where you could find “sculptures”
or
2- proceed with logic with the column on the right first.

Thanks Simon for your help. Knew it would be important at some point! but unfortunately I didn’t realize I’d be unable to return to the Command Room so hadn’t taken notes regarding the sculptures.

I had the right column in the correct order but had to look at the walk-through for the left column. However I still don’t get the relationship between the rows?

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

A little late but I finally reached Cobalt-5 now. Definitely one of the hardest I’ve played recently… Smile (except Black Watchmen but that’s different)

A little feedback sometimes when we get a right combination for a lock would be nice, Simon,  but I guess you wanted to eliminate the possibility of random guessing Shifty Eyed  - (That’s ok)

Total Posts: 487

Joined 2012-10-03

PM

@wilco
for which lock particularly?
In a global way it is true that I prefer to avoid random guessing, so I let the player see if he found the good solution or not, by checking himself the result of his actions.

@noddy
The relationship between the rows tells the meaning of the anterran sculpture in the command room.

I think that it was a mistake from me to prevent access to this room, to check the sculptures. If I had to change ONE thing in the game design, it would be this.
On the other hand, I thought that most people would have taken notes on these strange sculptures at that point of the game.

Anyway, in the command room you have 2 sculptures:

- The first one is a representation of the solar system by the real mathematician Kepler (you can easily find on the net the Kepler Platonic Solids sculpture). It was supposed to represent our planets with geometric shapes, according to some god plans, or something like that (I don’t remember exactly).

- The second sculpture doesn’t exist in reality and was created for the game: it represents (in the same way) the anterran plans for the monolith. So it’s like the Kepler sculpture. Instead of having the sun in the center of the sculpture, we have a representation of the monolith.

Each geometric shape of the Anterran sculpture represents a real part of the world. The half-sphere under the monolith represents the monolith room. The box of glass around them is the central room. These shapes are all in a metal box that should represent the Ark spaceship, which one is inside a last box of glass that represents the universe. If I didn’t make mistakes.

Well it’s more or less the last true puzzle of the game so I didn’t want it to be that easy, it had to rely on your observations during the whole game.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Simon_ASA - 23 November 2015 04:35 AM

@wilco
for which lock particularly?
In a global way it is true that I prefer to avoid random guessing, so I let the player see if he found the good solution or not, by checking himself the result of his actions.

When I wrote it I was thinking about the lock to the monolith room with colors and the column since it needs a efw steps before you can check out if the combination is right. I don’t necessarily think it’s a problem since it just eliminated any chance of random guessing and made me work for the right combination.

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

After a walkthrough check for the safe puzzle, I finished the game. I really enjoyed it despite some REALLY tough puzzles.

Total Posts: 2993

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

SoccerDude28 - 23 November 2015 01:57 PM

I finished the game.

So, what did you choose? Did you decide to leave or stay?

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Sefir - 24 November 2015 03:45 AM

I finished the game.

Also finished it. Chose the leave the ark ending. Felt like it was the good ending, going back and telling the story in Terra., the other would probably involve going crazy in there, unless you could follow Forte somehow?.

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

I presume there are only 2 endings?

I first went for a stay option as I think this might be the most likely scenario, i.e. character too far gone to resist the temptation. We did sever our tie to the spaceship and safety in order to chase the cube in the first instance.

I then went back and did the leave option. Graphically etc I think this was the more impressive ending and great to see, but I’m sticking with the above conclusion.

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Sefir - 24 November 2015 03:45 AM

I finished the game.

I tried both. Leaving was in my opinion, the better of the 2 choices, and the option I went with first..

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I finished the game. I really enjoyed it despite some REALLY tough puzzles.

I also have finished the game, it echo this statement - fun game but quite difficult.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top