• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #36: ASA: A Space Adventure

Total Posts: 5589

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Another question:  I can’t figure out how to access Forte’s diary again to review some items for the Ark Quiz.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 487

Joined 2012-10-03

PM

Hi Lady Kestrel,

about some instructions I found on Forte’s computer.  It tells me to write a command with no caps.  How do I get lowercase letters on this computer?

If you’re playing ASA Remastered I think that it could be a small issue in the game. This instruction was in the orignal version of ASA (which was using the real keyboard), and it might have remained in the new version which only works with a virtual keyboard…
Anyway nevermind, if you can successfully enter the commands with or without caps, just forget that.

Regarding reading Forte’s diary, it’s again different in ASA original and ASA Remastered. Normally I’d need to know which version of the game you are playing. Anyway:
- in Original version, in your inventory drag and drop the memory card item on the computer screen item.
- in the Remastered edition, simply open the inventory bar (right click) and there should be a button “diary” next to the options on the right.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Thanks, Simon!  I have the remastered edition for Mac OS X.  I will try entering the commands as they appear on the virtual keyboard.

Regarding the diary, I have opened the inventory bar and tried clicking the memory card icon, but it doesn’t seem to respond.  I don’t get the open hand cursor as I do with the options box.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2012-10-03

PM

Strange, this thing with the memory card shouldn’t happen like that, so it looks like an issue indeed. Did it ever work for you in the past?
(if you start a new game and pick up the first memory card on your right, can you read it in the inventory? - you can skip videos with Esc key to begin a new game faster)

Problem is that my backup hard drive crashed last year and i’ve lost all work data for the game, so I can’t really fix issues any more. 

For me it looks like an issue with the Visionaire engine in its old version 4. The best idea I have would be that you send me your save game.

If you were unable to solve this problem, you can send me an email to try to solve it together: http://www.theblackcube.fr/contact.html

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Simon,
I contacted you via email.  I restarted the game and was able to access the diary again after I read the first entry once, so the glitch happens later in the game.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Well, I muscled through the Ark Game answers, and finally finished the whole game.  I really liked the story but was disappointed that I couldn’t go home at the end.  I thought I had all the diary entries, which I understand I needed to get the other ending, but I wasn’t offered that choice.  Despite some major hair pulling over some of the puzzles, I think this is an excellent game.  Thank you, Simon, for answering all my questions.  Thumbs Up  Thumbs Up  I will replay this one day soon to see if I can keep the diary activated and to try to get the other ending.

Joined 2012-10-03

PM

Thanks for sharing your thoughts about the game. Very happy that there are still people who play it and like it after 4 years!

Sorry for the issues. I’m afraid that there will be more and more with time passing (new OS updates and new hardware may not be supported for ever)

I hope you’ll have the good ending next time!

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Wooo hooo!  I downloaded the game again and made it all the way through without any problems, and the good ending was amazing!  Thank you again for your help, Simon!  You’re the best!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top