• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #36: ASA: A Space Adventure

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Simon_ASA - 09 November 2015 05:07 AM

@wilco

The “Where is Forte?” question isn’t that strange, is it?
We can discuss of the quiz and the good answers if you want, as soon as everyone as solved it, but that one makes sense, because nobody ever told us in the game where Forte is - which is the good answer. The different parts of the diary only tell of his past, not of the present, so we don’t know where is Forte now.
Or maybe you are asking about the existence of the question itself, not about the answer? Well if this question exists, it’s because (!!big spoiler!!) it’s Forte’s Quiz as written at the beginning, and he probably wanted to play with you Wink

Yes, my problem was not with the answer, that makes sense, it was with the question. If this was some sort of “copy protection” quiz by Forte to secure the code, the answer to this question would never be definitive and it would depend of the information the user had at the time. What if he had known where Forte is? Of course in the game you as the developer control that and know the only possible answer but how could Forte control the information the user had? (Unless I’m missing something, that is quite possible Smile )

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

I guess (and this is just my guess), that Forte intends to keep himself hidden from whoever takes the test so that the sequence presented in the game would be the only possible sequence in which you can know where Forte is.

wilco - 09 November 2015 02:13 PM
Simon_ASA - 09 November 2015 05:07 AM

@wilco

The “Where is Forte?” question isn’t that strange, is it?
We can discuss of the quiz and the good answers if you want, as soon as everyone as solved it, but that one makes sense, because nobody ever told us in the game where Forte is - which is the good answer. The different parts of the diary only tell of his past, not of the present, so we don’t know where is Forte now.
Or maybe you are asking about the existence of the question itself, not about the answer? Well if this question exists, it’s because (!!big spoiler!!) it’s Forte’s Quiz as written at the beginning, and he probably wanted to play with you Wink

Yes, my problem was not with the answer, that makes sense, it was with the question. If this was some sort of “copy protection” quiz by Forte to secure the code, the answer to this question would never be definitive and it would depend of the information the user had at the time. What if he had known where Forte is? Of course in the game you as the developer control that and know the only possible answer but how could Forte control the information the user had? (Unless I’m missing something, that is quite possible Smile )

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

SoccerDude28 - 10 November 2015 12:00 AM

I guess (and this is just my guess), that Forte intends to keep himself hidden from whoever takes the test so that the sequence presented in the game would be the only possible sequence in which you can know where Forte is.

So basically, he’s hiding in whatever room that red button opens?

Then what is reaching this point? A sort of “test of worthiness” or something?

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

TimovieMan - 10 November 2015 02:22 AM

Then what is reaching this point? A sort of “test of worthiness” or something?

Mmm, that would make sense, maybe it could tie into the time-loop theory somehow, since Forte already knows what happened and what will happen

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

It was a lot of fun to create and in fact it was not supposed to be that fast. Here the speed of the wagon is just so much exagerated! (which makes it so fun). It was supposed to go fast, but not that much: maybe two times slower, originally. What happens is that the wagon goes down to the mines through a long tunnel (in 3dsmax the tunnel is a kind of long pipeline with a lot of twists and turns), but the ride was very long, maybe several kilometers long! In order to go from the top of Kepler down to the mines themselves, it needed almost 1 minute at a “normal” speed! Not only it was boring to watch, but it was also requiring a very long time of rendering. So I just accelerated the animation.

Well, I for one am glad you speeded it up. If it was a minute long that would not have been as effective.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

TimovieMan - 10 November 2015 02:22 AM

Yeah, I believe that is the case, and Forte is testing whether the player is capable or not to take over the ark. Forte is probably the guy in yellow an black.

Total Posts: 487

Joined 2012-10-03

PM

Scenario/Forte/etc:
You will have the answer soon Smile

On another point:
Someone asked why the insects in the box look a little different of the ones in the greenhouse. I would like to confirm that they are exactly the same: I copy/pasted the same 3D model with the same texture. However the lighting is different, and the color might change slightly depending on it. In the private room, there is a diffuse purple light (which can turn greenish with the small lamps near the bed). In the greenhouse, the light intensity is lower, casts stronger shadows, and the color is more yellow or reddish depending on the rooms. Also the shell of the insects can become shiny if there is a direct light above, and show a white dot of shininess. Despite these differences, it should not be too hard to find the insects that are similar.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Someone asked why the insects in the box look a little different

Thank you for explaining this, I was wondering about that.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 2993

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Ok everyone! Time to move on!!
You lazyballs, you!! Smile

The majority of us have already visited the planets Kepler, Forte and pushed the red button. In this week’s chapter, we will discover some of the Ark’s major secrets, we will mess with everyone’s favorite computers a bit more (quite seriously I AM the only person who loved the DOS puzzle after all…), revisit a planet for one brief time and more….
Mostly, it consists of puzzles that will take much of your time both to think of their logic and of their actual solution.

You have until the 18th of November to put the coordinates to Cobalt-5.

Tip of the week: Violence is not the solution. Entrapment is.

Joined 2012-10-03

PM

Yeah! Cobalt-5!

quite seriously I AM the only person who loved the DOS puzzle

Other people did (well, maybe not here in the CPT)! And I think that most people who liked it played with the original edition.
It was quite a difficult puzzle to code with all the different possible commands. I am not as skilled as Bill Gates and wouldn’t be able to program MS-Dos! Smile

Holy sh**!! The \\ns are gone!!! Thanks for the tip Simon!!!

You’re welcome, I’m glad it worked!

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Pardon the off-topic, but…

Simon_ASA - 11 November 2015 03:28 PM

Do tell!

The more people know (especially the regulars), the less I’ll have to edit signatures in the admin section to get rid of the backslashes… Tongue
Plus it’d be nice to edit my own signature the “normal” way again.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 2993

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

TimovieMan - 11 November 2015 03:38 PM

Pardon the off-topic, but…

Simon_ASA - 11 November 2015 03:28 PM

Do tell!

The more people know (especially the regulars), the less I’ll have to edit signatures in the admin section to get rid of the backslashes… Tongue
Plus it’d be nice to edit my own signature the “normal” way again.

By the use of the < br > code (without the spaces inside the <> ) at the end of the lines instead of pressing Enter whenever you want to change line. Smile

Now it is your duty TimovieMan as an admin, to put this advice in your signature to warn all members.  Naughty

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Sefir - 11 November 2015 03:52 PM

Now it is your duty TimoviMan as an admin, to put this advice in your signature to warn all members.  Naughty

Total Posts: 107

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Sefir - 11 November 2015 01:45 PM

we will mess with everyone’s favorite computers a bit more (quite seriously I AM the only person who loved the DOS puzzle after all…)

Tip of the week: Violence is not the solution. Entrapment is.

Hopefully I’ll get back to this later today. Think I may have inadvertently done some of this already: -
I already had the password to server PC, logged on and opened my dome, then closed the other one on whoever it is in the other room. (Before I pushed the red button)
Smile

Joined 2012-10-03

PM

Well done Noddy.
There is no particular order for using the Server PC. It can be done as soon as you can use Forte’s PC, or much later. I usually let people do as they want, so that they live their own adventure, but when I am asked I advise to do it only after pushing the red button, or you will miss a short encounter with the thief. Not a big loss however, don’t worry. There are a few things like this, that can be done in a different order.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top