• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Any news of Bracken Tor or The Last Crown?

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Is this the game that was announced a month before its planned release on Halloween 2013??? Tongue

At that rate, we can expect the other games sometime in the 2030s. Grin

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Nope.

This is a “prologue” to that game! Laughing

2030 looking wildly optimistic! Wink

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

I’m also a bit confused about the “buy this now and get 10% off The Last Crown.” I’d better not buy it because that is cheaper. Or TLaC will be very expensive if it comes out.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Judging by worldwide currency trends, the value of your dollar now will buy approximately 1.52 TLaCs in 2030. On the other hand, if you invested that money for 15 years you could end up with a windfall of significantly more than that by 2030, when the game comes out.

The ball’s in your court. Choose wisely.

Total Posts: 317

Joined 2008-07-14

PM

You guys still talk about me even when I’m not here! Tongue I am SO STOKED about the new game! I didn’t even know anything about it until someone sent me a link yesterday. It came out of nowhere! And with the news that the next Lost Crown game is due before December! I’m in heaven.

Favorite Adventure Games-Lost Crown, Longest Journey, Dark Fall 1&2, Barrow Hill, Black Mirror, Blackwell games, Riven, Myst
Favorite Other Games-Kings Bounty, FTL
Currently Playing-Barrow Hill:The Dark Path
Looking Forward To-Last Crown/Braken Tor

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Didn’t we get such a promise two years ago?
Sorry, I’m in my sarcastic period.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

tsa - 30 October 2015 05:17 PM

Didn’t we get such a promise two years ago?
Sorry, I’m in my sarcastic period.

His track record warrants it, imo… Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Fantasysci5 - 30 October 2015 12:47 PM

You guys still talk about me even when I’m not here! Tongue I am SO STOKED about the new game! I didn’t even know anything about it until someone sent me a link yesterday. It came out of nowhere! And with the news that the next Lost Crown game is due before December! I’m in heaven.

In his blog Jonathan says: “Blackenrock is out the end of November, early December.” He is working hard on it though so I’ll join you in heaven when the game is out Fantasy.

Total Posts: 40

Joined 2009-04-25

PM

I have mixed feelings about this.

On the one hand, I am very excited to have a ghost hunting adventure with Nigel and Lucy! Grin

On the other hand, it seems like this is getting a little out of control. A couple of years ago, Boakes was working on The Last Crown and then got sidetracked into Blackenrock. Then Blackenrock became a more major project, so Boakes got sidetracked into this in the meantime? It just seems like this series has become incredibly unfocused, and it appears that side stories are taking priority over what was originally the primary goal.

That said, I bought the Halloween adventure and I’m sure it’ll be fun. Smile

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

So how is the “prologue”, is it good, should I buy it? I’m sure tsa, Fantasy, Intense Degree and others have already played it.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 13

Joined 2010-04-05

PM

It is a terrific piece of work. I have moaned as much as anyone about Boakes and his incessant delays. However, to say he appeared to knock this off quite quickly and it is very much a prelude to Blackenrock, it really impressed me. The problems weren’t the most taxing and in some respects reminded me of DF3. However, the look of the game and the way it immerses the player, elevated it way above many of his peers. Moreover, some of the touches in the game, such as searching through a room whilst observing what it look liked previously, suggest that Boakes’ talents are really growing and his new game, if this taster is anything to go by, could be considered more than just a mere video game, but something far more akin to art. An expansive way of telling you , Karlok, that yes you should buy it. I loved it.

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Karlok - 01 November 2015 04:11 AM

So how is the “prologue”, is it good, should I buy it? I’m sure tsa, Fantasy, Intense Degree and others have already played it.

Purchased, downloaded and completely out of time! Should get to it in the next few nights hopefully. And episode 5 of life is strange. And… Wink

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 43

Joined 2007-11-28

PM

I’m a little disappointed that Boakes stuck with the Wintermute engine.
I could be wrong, but I suspect limits of that engine are the reason that is forcing him to release two versions of the game, one in HD and one in SD.
Also…. 4:3 aspect ratio? I have a faint memory of debating this before but… who’s got a 4:3 screen nowadays?

Technicalities aside… I missed Saxton! It’s a joy to be back at the Bear.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

ZeframCochrane - 03 November 2015 03:45 PM

Also…. 4:3 aspect ratio? I have a faint memory of debating this before but… who’s got a 4:3 screen nowadays?

I do Tongue

Yeah I know Meh

But it is working perfectly, and I hate throwing things away when they are still in top shape, and for many none game things I actually prefer the 4:3 format.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 43

Joined 2007-11-28

PM

Iznogood - 03 November 2015 04:19 PM
ZeframCochrane - 03 November 2015 03:45 PM

I do Tongue

Yeah I know Meh

But it is working perfectly, and I hate throwing things away when they are still in top shape, and for many none game things I actually prefer the 4:3 format.

Heh, is it a CRT?
Jokes aside, I’m fairly sure the majority has 16:10 displays! And between the majority ending up with pillarboxing or the minority with letterboxing…

Or.. how about not using Wintermute, and draw static backgrounds with safe areas free of interactive content which can be dynamically cropped by the engine? So we’re both happy? Grin

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top