• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

R32 Bracket 3 - The Big AG VS Tournament

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Discworld Noir
GK3
Broken Sword

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

1) Discworld Noir

No real contest here.
Machinarium is a cute little game but Noir is not only the best game in the Discworld series but also one of the best games ever made and a clear candidate for at least the semi finals - or rather it would be if it didn’t have the misfortune of meeting GF in the next round Shifty Eyed

2) Grim Fandango

I might be one of the few members here on this forum that actually believes that BotS, BotD is the best in the GK series. Yes I know the graphics hasn’t age very well, and there is that moustache, but it is still a brilliant game that had me sitting on the edge of the chair playing in long sessions long after I should have gone to bed - It just happens to loose to an even better game.

3) Broken Sword

The toughest choice in this bracket for me. I like both games but neither are really of quite the same quality as the others in this bracket. In the end I chose BS simply because it has had a greater impact and importance for the genre than GR has had.

4) Syberia

No real contest here.
I really dig the dig and think it is a great game, but Syberia is a freaking masterpiece!

Kind of like comparing Steven Spielberg with Ridley Scott or David Lynch, or as it might be the case here Steven Spielberg with Benoît Sokal Wink The storyteller against the visual artist, mainstream against art nouveau, science fiction against steampunk…

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 284

Joined 2013-02-26

PM

Match 1 - Discworld Noir
Match 2 - Grim Fandango
Match 3 - Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars (tricky one to choose!)
Match 4 - The Dig

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Discworld Noir
Grim Fandango
Gemini Rue
-

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Karlok - 15 January 2015 05:01 AM

Gemini Rue

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Diego…? Are you okay, your tongue looks… I don’t know. And why is my Gemini Rue singled out?

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Because I’m a BS fanboy. And my BS is going to crush your weak Gemini Rue.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I enjoyed BS5 and the first one isn’t bad either. But I’ve always felt the BS series were overrated.

Total Posts: 2989

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

1. Machinarium. Discworld Noir is the best of the Discworld series and extrmely fun. Machinarium however, I find an even beter game in originality of the concept.
2. Grim Fandango. There should be no contest between one of the most atrocious game of all time that was really a disgrace for the GK franchise against one of the best games of all time and IMO Lucas Arts best game ever.
3. Gemini Rue. Wadjet Eye at its best (along with Resonance, that is) against the, probably best game of a series I consider highly overrated.
4. Syberia. A strong one, that is. But in the end, Syberia is the one that makes you dream…

Total Posts: 1785

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

M1 - Discworld Noir

M2 - Grim Fandango

M3 - Broken Sword

M4 - Syberia

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Match 1

Machinarium                     6                 11

Match 2

Gabriel Knight 3: BotS, BotD           7                   13

Match 3

Gemini Rue                       9

Match 4

Syberia                         5

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

M1 - Discworld Noir
M2 - Grim Fandango
M3 - Gemini Rue - It’s an interesting match and a hard decision, Broken Sword has better puzzle and more memorable side characters but the setting, plot development, ending is better Gemini Rue gives it the edge for me.
M4 - Syberia

Total Posts: 555

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

Personally I think the best two games by a mile in this bracket are matched up against each other.  (GK3 and Grim Fandango)

I quite like a few of the other games, but they don’t really compare to those two at all.

Also there’s really only one game in this bracket that has a chance to win the competition (Grim Fandango), whereas I’d say bracket 4 has 3.  (MI1, GK1, and GK2)

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Detective Mosely - 15 January 2015 07:21 AM

whereas I’d say bracket 4 has 3.  (MI3, GK1, and GK2)

Fix’d.

Edit: Oh, you mean only bracket 4. Nevermind. Grin

Total Posts: 736

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

Detective Mosely - 15 January 2015 07:21 AM

Also there’s really only one game in this bracket that has a chance to win the competition (Grim Fandango), whereas I’d say bracket 4 has 3.  (MI1, GK1, and GK2)

Yes, that’s true, unfortunately that is the cost of randomness we used. Because of that in a moment I thought of making R16 into a group stage (2 groups of 8 games), so we would get much more balanced final stages, but majority of the people were against it.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top