• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

R32 Bracket 3 - The Big AG VS Tournament

Total Posts: 555

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

diego - 15 January 2015 07:39 AM
Detective Mosely - 15 January 2015 07:21 AM

whereas I’d say bracket 4 has 3.  (MI3, GK1, and GK2)

Fix’d.

Edit: Oh, you mean only bracket 4. Nevermind. Grin

Ha, yeah.

You think Curse would beat Monkey Island 2 if they got to the finals of their bracket?  I don’t think it would.  I’m not even sure it’ll get past Pandora Directive given how well Tex is performing.

But I’d consider all of those games serious contenders to win this.  And I would’ve considered TLJ one as well, but given how it’s struggling against UTKM it seems like it won’t really have much of a chance against the heavyweights.

Total Posts: 736

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

I can sign now that GF will win the whole thing. It seems that people simply have the least grudge against it, something like Shawshank Redemption Smile

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Detective Mosely - 15 January 2015 07:54 AM

But I’d consider all of those games serious contenders to win this.  And I would’ve considered TLJ one as well, but given how it’s struggling against UTKM it seems like it won’t really have much of a chance against the heavyweights.

I also don’t think the GK games will have much chance when it comes up against some of the heavyweights, if for no other reason than because no one agrees which is the best, and everybody hates at least one in the series. Only GK1 really stands a chance as no one only few seems to outright hate it.

Bogi - 15 January 2015 07:57 AM

I can sign now that GF will win the whole thing. It seems that people simply have the least grudge against it, something like Shawshank Redemption Smile

I could have told you that in advance Wink - But now I’m not so sure anymore, this might just turn into the battle of the underdogs.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

Bogi - 15 January 2015 07:57 AM

That’s a good point.  You may be right.  You don’t really hear about GF having any serious detractors.  Just maybe some people that don’t think it’s deserving of #1 status, ala Shawshank.

And while we’re on that tangent, while I definitely don’t think Shawshank is close to being the best movie ever made I recently went back and watched that again for the umpteenth time, and man, that is still a damn fine movie.  Really well made and the last scene gets me every time.

At least the #1 rated movie on IMDB isn’t something like Lord of the Rings.  That gives me a bit more faith in humanity.  Tongue   (Although not too much, because all of the LOTR movies are rated in the top 16 Yum )

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

Iznogood - 15 January 2015 08:11 AM

I also don’t think the GK games will have much chance when it comes up against some of the heavyweights, if for no other reason than because no one agrees which is the best, and everybody hates at least one in the series. Only GK1 really stands a chance as no one only few seems to outright hate it.

We’ll have to see.  Even I can’t decide which is better between GK1 and GK2, but I’ll still vote for those two above anything else because they’re my favorite two video games of all time.  (not just adventure games)

I think any GK 1/2 vs. MI 1/2 matchup will really be decided based on whether people prefer serious games or lighthearted comedy games.  And I’m not really sure what side of the fence most people fall on on that.  It seems pretty split.

Bracket 4 will be pretty epic going forward, in any case, because both those questions will be answered within it.  (assuming Indy doesn’t pull the upset on GK2)

Total Posts: 268

Joined 2008-07-05

PM

Match 1 - Machinarium
Match 2 - GK3
Match 3 - Broken Sword 1
Match 4 - Syberia

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

You think Curse would beat Monkey Island 2 if they got to the finals of their bracket?

Perhaps not, but I’m already looking at these forums in different light. Didn’t know that. The Curse is really a big love-hate thing, even among the MI fans. I mean, ESPECIALLY with MI fans. Grin - it was “goofier” (Look what they’ve done to my Guybrush, Ma!), and it was “short”. SHORT?! Give me Curse’s length today and I’ll be a happy panda.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 387

Joined 2013-02-17

PM

- Machinarium
- Grim Fandango
- Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars
- Syberia

Playing: 1) Broken Sword 5 2) Road 96

Total Posts: 87

Joined 2013-06-26

PM

-
-
Gemini Rue
-

Total Posts: 736

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

diego - 15 January 2015 09:04 AM

You think Curse would beat Monkey Island 2 if they got to the finals of their bracket?

Perhaps not, but I’m already looking at these forums in different light. Didn’t know that. The Curse is really a big love-hate thing, even among the MI fans. I mean, ESPECIALLY with MI fans. Grin - it was “goofier” (Look what they’ve done to my Guybrush, Ma!), and it was “short”. SHORT?! Give me Curse’s length today and I’ll be a happy panda.

I think the thing with Monkey Island games is which one someone played first. I would say 9/10 people that played Curse first consider it the best in the series and on the other hand those who played original games first (especially when they were just released) tend to prefer them, but maybe not in such high percent. On the other hand there is even a minority that considers that Curse derived a way to much from the originals and that the change in tone was “betrayal” of the series in a way Grin and still pray for the “true” Monkey Island 3 from Ron Gilbert Grin

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Grim Fandango
Broken Sword
Syberia

Total Posts: 63

Joined 2013-03-13

PM

1. - (haven’t unfortunately played Discworld Noir)
2. Grim Fandango (I really think GK3 is a brilliant game, with a great story and some of the best and most innovative adventure gameplay ever, but GF is just GF)
3. Brokwn Sword (although I don’t and never will really like Georgey Stobbart, he is just so uninteresting)
4. Syberia (one of the most atmospheric games)

Total Posts: 299

Joined 2006-12-04

PM

Match 4 = Syberia

Don’t Hate Me Because I Am Beautiful…There Are Many Other Reasons

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

M1: Discworld Noir
M2: GK 3
M3: Broken Sword
M4: Syberia