• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Sefir

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough: The Space Bar

Total Posts: 2993

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

I started Seedrot’s emp-tel. Just managed to “convince” mother to leave the spot!

Total Posts: 5601

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I’m still playing, Fien, but won’t be able to do much with Seedrot until tomorrow.  I’ll get caught up asap.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

diego - 25 July 2012 02:30 PM

yeap, but I was getting myself familiar with the surroundings and characters… I’ve just finished my first flashback with Thud, and it’s 19:68. Do you think it’s too late and should I restore the saved game?

The truth is that I don’t know. I just don’t remember. That’s why I posted several warnings about the turn-based time you spend in the bar. My best guess is that if you heed those warnings from now on, you will be okay without replaying the entire Thud/Fleebix flashback.

PS: Where is Vince (“I’m so in!”) Twelve?

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 29

Joined 2004-09-28

PM

Blarg, got super busy with life stuff and prepping for the Resonance Steam launch.  Going to try and catch up now.  Just have to read through this whole thread first…

Nerd

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Glad you’re here! Smile No need to read the entire thread.

Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 192

Joined 2006-08-07

PM

I played the first two flashbacks a couple of days ago, for the first time without constant disc swapping (yay, thanks driver8!). I haven’t got much to add; The Space Bar is still as fascinating a place as before, even on my fifth or sixth attempt to finish this game.

I took the liberty of roaming the bar a little after finishing the Vedj flashback and didn’t experience any crashes, in the kitchen or anywhere else. I was, however, painfully reminded of the rather complicated things you have to do before a specific point on the timeline… Not to spoil anything, I’ll just say I look forward to the rest of the game with some trepidation.

Sorry to come across as a downer; it’s a wonderful game we have ahead of us, I’m just not a fan of some of the puzzle design!

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Ok, this game is HUGE! You could spend hours sightseeing the toilets or the saloon (I guessed it was irrelevant, but I couldn’t help it - I love cowboys).

But I’ve never imagined Fleeb’s flashback is going to be a &$%#^ NEVERENDING STORY! I’m playing it since this morning, and I’m still to fix the clock. I know what I’m supposed to do (even though I think I encountered the bag where I wasn’t able to get the Status Report the first time,. since I didn’t order Fleeb to climb down right away). But I need a rest now.

And my favourite scene so far:

or, the moment before it crashed. The moment I saw the plane I knew what was coming. Made me chuckle just like the Simpsons parody:

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

I just finished Seedrot’s Emp-tel. Much easier than Fleebix & Thud. Perhaps its the fact that Seedrot is…rooted to one place. It is amazing how different the gameplay is between Seedrot’s and Fleebix & Thud’s Emp-tels.
One more thing. I take back what I said earlier about Thud (annoying character, want to kill him, etc). The bee next to Seedrot is far more annoying!!! Naughty

Waiting for Fien’s orders (recomendations) about the next Emp-tel.

Total Posts: 5601

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I finally started Seedrot today, but between watching the Olympics and having to shut down for a big thunderstorm that came through here tonight, I didn’t get very far.  Ah, budding puberty! Smile

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

It’s Sunday, I hope everybody has dropped their fruits. Smile I confess I had a lot of trouble with the settings on the panel. Hard puzzles are okay, but the water pipe one is more than a little unfair. Anybody figure it out on their own? You deserve a medal.  Thank God for walkthroughs. On the whole, I didn’t find this episode very difficult though.

I agree with you, Sefir, that shrill bee sound is hard on the ears. The sheep plant is annoying too, fortunately Mom has no objection when you get rid of him straightaway.  The TV was fun at first with puns like the Okra Show and Dr. Root, but there was too much of it and frankly, it sounded dated. What really bugged me was that you can’t do anything useful in the meantime. Whenever you start talking to Mom or the phone, the tv interprets your clicking as a sign to continue with the next bit, so everybody is talking at the same time. Angry  Still, I had fun playing as Seedrot. 

Let’s move on to Soldier, the barman. You can turn his Zzazzle vision on and off (Scroll Lock). Don’t forget to do things in the bar as well, like figuring out how you can use the completed emp-tels to your advantage. I’ll repeat a previous tip: consulting the VC in the vestibule may trigger stuff in the bar.

I hope 5 days will be enough for this rather difficult emp-tel. If not, we’ll take longer.

Quote of the Day: Oooooooohhhh! That feels soooooo gooooood! (Miss smarty plants)

Looking forward to:

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Not much point in continuing this playthrough. I’m sorry it is not a success. Frown

Looking forward to:

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Come on Fien… Don’t be so hard! It’s just the fact that the game is so free that gives numerous opportunities and makes it difficult to follow a simple path (especially if you ‘re a little bit curious). I don’t know how far in the game evereyone else has got, but personally, I haven’t started the Soldier’s Emp-Tel yet, since I explore (for the first time and in fear not to lose any clue due to the time limit) the Bar. I will start the Soldier Emp-Tel tomorrow.

Total Posts: 4257

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Don’t give up!
Please!

The playthrough would be much better if I could post more (of course), but I can’t: TSB is too tough and the real life keeps pressing (the family, the duties, the Olympics, the weather, my nephew coming from USA, the toothache… you name it!). No playthrough is in vain, specially this one that will come handy to anyone who tries to tackle The Space Bar (and one needs all the help he can get to tackle TSB).

P.S. What ever happened to the other players? They seemed to progress quite well.
P.P.S. If the other games from the Golden Era Of Adventuring were nearly as frustrating as TSB, I’m (almost) glad I missed it.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Okay.

Looking forward to:

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I’ve finished with Thud&Fleeb;, and it was a great ride. (pun intended ) The game is hard, demands a lot of time, patience and attention, since there’re no subtitles for us with broken English Shifty Eyed I had little of those lately, but the game is worth every second. I’ll continue tonight with a new flashback.

I had troubles at places and had to consult a walkthrough one or two times, especially when I misheard or missed what was said, which is necessary to get grasp of the things and be aware of what you’re supposed to do (navigation dial), or in parts which’re sort of in “real-time” (getting out of the box at exact moments). I had similar experience with “Clandestiny”, where, if I recall correctly, the “subtitle-less” cutscenes holds many hints. In that regard, I’d even welcome some sort of a detailed diary in PDA while in Emp-Tel.

zobraks - 21 July 2012 03:14 AM

I have a (simple) question: is there any clue in the game about the number nav dial on the scooter should be set to?

You don’t need a clue - it’s the Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, The Universe, and Everything Sarcastic

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top