• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Dale

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough: The Space Bar

Total Posts: 47

Joined 2006-06-01

PM

So i started to play. I saw Thuds little red wagon and his first PDA . And he asked his toys to tell him where Fleebix is. Poor scared Thud!
How can Neblitzes possibly survive without someone who permanently looks after them??
I believe Fien want to have one as a pet?!
Could be dangerous, if he finds a bazooka.

Total Posts: 5594

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I’m really behind in playing, but I hope to get caught up in the next couple of days.  I love Thud, but he does drive me crazy.  He reminds me of one of my family members. 

Fien, I like your commentary.  Please post frequently.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 11

Joined 2006-01-03

PM

Just started the game tonight, hopefully I can get through the Thud/Fleebix segment in what remains of the weekend. Though all I’ve really done is read through the video encyclopedia in the lobby (which was quite informative about the game’s setting, and very funny to boot), chatted a bit with Thud and Fleebix, and figured out how to get on the bus in their Emp-Tel. Though admittedly getting on the bus feels like a real victory when you’re dealing with someone like Thud. Ah, Thud. I’ve only known him for a short time, but I think he’s going to go down in my book as one of the most delightful yet exasperating characters I’ve ever met. It’s that eternal cheeriness of his, no matter what level of apoplexy Fleebix happens to be in. Oh, and classifying everything into two groups, edible and non-edible. The guy definitely has his priorities in order.)  Wink

Total Posts: 4255

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

seagul - 21 July 2012 01:59 PM

How can Neblitzes possibly survive without someone who permanently looks after them??

They couldn’t survive on their own, that’s why they (naturally and simbiotically) pair with Salivrasters (and vice versa).

seagul - 21 July 2012 01:59 PM

I believe Fien want to have one as a pet?!
Could be dangerous, if he finds a bazooka.

Then again it comes handy if Salivraster wants to open a can.

Lady Kestrel - 21 July 2012 10:45 PM

I love Thud, but he does drive me crazy.  He reminds me of one of my family members.

Hehe. I know a couple of people who fit the description too. Then again I sometimes behave as Thud myself, though I like to think I’m much more like Fleebix. I pretend to have Fleebix’s intelligence but I’m afraid we’re more similar in temper and dexterity .

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

I finished the Fleebix episode yesterday. One of my favorites. Smile Yes Seagul, I’d love to have a Thud for my birthday, complete with a bazooka to welcome uninvited guests.  (As long as he doesn’t put me out on the porch when he’s asleep inside the house. Grin See the VC if you don’t understand what I’m talking about.) Thudsie obediently stashed the gun when I asked him to, and then didn’t get to use it at all! BTW, was there any point to that North by Northwest plane crash parody? Came out of the blue. 

It’s Monday, at least in my part of the world. Time to move on and tackle Seedrot.  Birds and bees, and flowers and trees… real hot stuff!  Heart Eyes

I realize that not everybody has solved the Thud and Fleebix puzzles. Problem is, if we do one emp-tel a week it will take us at least eight weeks to finish the Space Bar. Previous community playthroughs have shown that’s too long and people may lose interest. Seedrot’s emp-tel is not as hard and long as the Fleebix/Thud one, so let’s give it a try. You have till Saturday. If that’s not enough time to catch up and do Seedrot as well, then of course we will take longer.

Some hopefully helpful tips.

- Emp-tels are a large part of the game but don’t forget there’s lots of things to do in the bar as well. Explore. Some aliens can provide you with info or useful objects. 

- Each emp-tel serves a specific purpose.  So when you have finished the Thud/Fleebix one, find out how your new knowledge may help you later in your investigation.

- The residue printer and voice printer in your inventory should be used as soon as possible. Make sure they are fully functional.

- Check the Vestibule Computer (when the repairman has been along) for important info on the shape-shifter who kidnapped your buddy, and on the many wonderful aliens you will meet.

- Watch any incoming messages on your PDA. Pay attention to your Zelda.

- Check your log from time to time, with the list of suspects, etc. 

Quote of the day:  Thud not sure how to do that, Fleeb.

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Fien - 22 July 2012 07:33 PM

You have till Saturday. If that’s not enough time to catch up and do Seedrot as well, then of course we will take longer.

thanx, I’d need to catch up.  Shifty Eyed

BTW, here’s the PDF version of Vestibule Computer I’ve put together for fun. I know what I’ll be reading.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Seems like Mediafire is quite buggy lately, here’s the download link:

The Space Bar Vestibule Computer - PDF

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2006-06-01

PM

Thanks, diego. It’s nice to know people with much more time than myself. Normally i would have done this, too. But at the moment ... i’m relieved someone other than me has the same ideas.

And here a little souvenir for the crew of the bad-mojo-playthrough:

Have a nice day, everybody!

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Anybody still playing?

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 2989

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Due to job overload I was unable to start the 2nd part yet. I promise that today I will! Smile

Joined 2006-06-01

PM

I started yesterday with part 2.
I’m still at the beginning.

Isn’ t it strange to have a pet named after a predator of plants if the pet is itself a plant?
Or do i have to much fantasy?

I have’t a cluehow to get rid of mum and sheepy, oe even how to start the bee-plant-fruit-game, but it’s very funny.

I love the crazy ideas in this game, even if i am sure that i don’t get most of the jokes. I am not an insider, it seems.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Fien - 25 July 2012 03:28 AM

Anybody still playing?

yeap, but I was getting myself familiar with the surroundings and characters… I’ve just finished my first flashback with Thud, and it’s 19:68. Do you think it’s too late and should I restore the saved game?

Joined 2006-06-01

PM

A very interesting question, to which i would like to know the answer, too.

If you stay a longer time in the bar, you will see, that there is always something happening. And i believe, we must solve the flashbacks to know how to react to this events.
So the more flashbacks we have solved at the very beginning, the better.

It is not an easy game at all. I hate time limitations. They make me nervous.

Total Posts: 4255

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Fien - 25 July 2012 03:28 AM

Anybody still playing?

Not at the moment, but I still didn’t quit.

diego - 25 July 2012 02:30 PM

I’ve just finished my first flashback with Thud, and it’s 19:68. Do you think it’s too late and should I restore the saved game?

Christ! I don’t think I’ll bother to replay any part of this torture for the sake of further timed sequences.

Here’s what I’ll do: I’ll try all the Empathy Telepathy portions of the game and then see whether to go forward or not. It’s rather “whether I would be able to go forward or not”.

I love the gameworld of TSB. Too bad it’s so demanding and unforgiving.
And (to add insult to injury) without subtitles!
  Pan
Boffo Games

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I haven’t read the last few pages, because I haven’t started the game yet.
I bought the game last Monday and apparently it arrived today. Unfortunately the mailman offered it during the one hour I wasn’t at home today, so I’ll have to get it at the post office tomorrow.
I’ll then try to catch up as fast as I can…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top