• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Gabrielwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough: The Space Bar

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

The intro is long, interesting and atmospheric - it feels like a movie. I guess you already know, but if it isn’t working for you, you wanna check it on Youtube.

I’ll watch it again, I didn’t quite catch all the things. For example, I wasn’t aware I’m human until I read Fien’s introductory post again and seen that group picture.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Oscar:

Well I’m wandering around in Fleebix’s head and the time down on the control panel seems to be going forward. I assume that’s what you mean by Emp-Tels?

Diego:

I wasn’t aware I’m human until I read Fien’s introductory post again and seen that group picture.

Sigh. Then don’t read my posts. Read The Fucking Manual!

PS: Group picture?? Don’t know what you mean. You don’t ever get to see what you/Alias Node looks like. You only see his white silhouette to the left of your PDA when you’re in the bar (and not running around in some alien’s memory). And you see his shadow when he enters The Thirsty Tentacle in the intro.

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 183

Joined 2008-03-28

PM

Did anyone get this running on Vista? I probably can get my hands on a vista laptop…

Total Posts: 18

Joined 2012-07-08

PM

Fien - 19 July 2012 03:55 AM

No, time in the Emp-Tels doesn’t count. Only time spent in the bar. There’s no “real” time. Turn-based means that you can stare an hour at your screen pondering your next move, and time will stand still. But as soom as you click, move, do something, the clock starts ticking. There’s a clock on your PDA. I don’t really know how long you have (I haven’t started yet).

I think the game starts at 18:50 and you have until 22:50, so 4 hours/240 ticks in the bar. Basically every action you do costs a tick, including taking an item out of your inventory or putting it back. If you have in item out, you can save a tick by clicking another item and clicking “pick up,” instead of putting it away first. You can also click on your silhouette and click “wait” to just do nothing for a tick (you will need to do this for some of the puzzles). I think there are also events in the game that happen based on what the game time is, and there are some things you can/can’t do or places you can/can’t go based on the current game time.

Fien - 19 July 2012 04:46 AM

PS: Group picture?? Don’t know what you mean. You don’t ever get to see what you/Alias Node looks like. You only see his white silhouette and his shadow when he enters The Thirsty Tentacle in the intro

I assume Alias Node is the human in the middle of the picture that appears when you start the game (after the first time).

HandsFree - 19 July 2012 05:20 AM

Did anyone get this running on Vista? I probably can get my hands on a vista laptop…

The instructions in this post should work for all Windows operating systems.

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

driver8 - 19 July 2012 05:34 AM

[I assume Alias Node is the human in the middle of the picture that appears when you start the game (after the first time).

Ah. I’d forgotten about that pic. Probably because I don’t like it and none of those aliens play a part in the game. Smile What’s more, that pic of Alias doesn’t go well with his voice. I don’t want him to look like that!

Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 4255

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Fien - 19 July 2012 06:09 AM

I don’t want him to look like that!

Me too, but I guess he’ll look like that most of the time. At least when I’m playing.

Now excuse me, I have a (&*%$!@#ing) bus to catch.

Edit: what a disappointment - the first real puzzle and I’m already stuck.
I can’t get the stupid Thud to pick up Fleebix before he boards the bus. I tell him to pick me up, he promises to do so the next time he goes somewhere and then forgets to pick me up again and again.
If I order him to pick me up when a bus is already there, he doesn’t react.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 2989

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

zobraks - 19 July 2012 06:33 AM

what a disappointment - the first real puzzle and I’m already stuck.
I can’t get the stupid Thud to pick up Fleebix before he boards the bus. I tell him to pick me up, he promises to do so the next time he goes somewhere and then forgets to pick me up again and again.

I believe that you hadn’t looked where you had to Mr Z!
Bus rides aren’t for free in TSB world… Wink

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Sefir - 19 July 2012 07:59 AM
zobraks - 19 July 2012 06:33 AM

what a disappointment - the first real puzzle and I’m already stuck.

I believe that you hadn’t looked where you had to Mr Z!
Bus rides aren’t for free in TSB world… Wink

No, no, I got that.
I picked up the cup and I have a bus token. I’ve also discussed the note with Thud, so he knows we’re bound to Quantelope Lodge. I’m missing something else and I need the precise order of moves to get on the f**king bus.

Thanks anyway. Smile

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Mr. Zobraks, don’t feel bad. First time I played SB it took me several hours to get on the bus.  Angry

Looking forward to:

Total Posts: 18

Joined 2012-07-08

PM

zobraks - 19 July 2012 08:29 AM

I picked up the cup and I have a bus token. I’ve also discussed the note with Thud, so he knows we’re bound to Quantelope Lodge. I’m missing something else and I need the precise order of moves to get on the f**king bus.

Thanks anyway. Smile

driver8 - 19 July 2012 05:34 AM

Basically every action you do costs a tick, including taking an item out of your inventory or putting it back. If you have in item out, you can save a tick by clicking another item and clicking “pick up,” instead of putting it away first. [hint]You can also click on your silhouette and click “wait” to just do nothing for a tick (you will need to do this for some of the puzzles).[/hint]

Wink

This took me ages, too. Not very intuitive.

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

driver8 - 19 July 2012 09:18 AM

This took me ages, too. Not very intuitive.

Well, it’s the the same routine in text adventures, which are turn-based by nature. Sometimes you have to wait and then you press Z. SB may be a graphic adventure, but it sure has the look and feel of good old IF. I guess we can blame that on implementor Steve Meretzky.

I think the game starts at 18:50 and you have until 22:50, so 4 hours/240 ticks in the bar.

The good news is that doing things on your PDA doesn’t progress time.

Looking forward to:

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Can someone at least tell me what does Thud say when you (as Fleebix) click on the token, pick it up, and then order Thud to board the next bus. It’s not when Fleebix says “Thud, listen very carefully. I will speak veeery slooowly…” - that’s when there is no bus around - but when Thud replies (and that’s when the bus is at the stop, you hear its engine running) “Thud shall not… (two more words)” What? What shall (freaking) Thud not?
What are these two words?

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Hm, not sure if I understand where exactly. When Fleebix says: The next bus, you nincompoop! Thud replies: Thud not pooped, Thud got lots of energy.

Looking forward to:

Total Posts: 5594

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I haven’t started yet.  We had some major thunderstorms last night, so I had to shut down my computer.  I do, however, remember that it took me a long time to get on the rabbafratzing bus, and when I finally did, I don’t know what I did correctly to get there.  I think it’s gonna be a loooong night. Grin

Oh, and I became very familiar with that picture of Alias, Zobraks.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 2989

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

zobraks - 19 July 2012 11:45 AM

Can someone at least tell me what does Thud say when you (as Fleebix) click on the token, pick it up, and then order Thud to board the next bus. It’s not when Fleebix says “Thud, listen very carefully. I will speak veeery slooowly…” - that’s when there is no bus around - but when Thud replies (and that’s when the bus is at the stop, you hear its engine running) “Thud shall not… (two more words)” What? What shall (freaking) Thud not?
What are these two words?

It’s been a couple of days since I got in that bus…if I remember correctly, you should wait for the bus then click the token on Thud and order him to “board the bus”. He will forget you behind and he will come back. Then you should wait for the next bus (not from hearing it when speaking to Thud. I think that you actually have to watch it stop). Then quickly, you have to either give to Thud the coin or order him to board to the next bus or both (I don’t really remember…)and he’ll carry you aboard.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top