• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

General Gaming News Thread

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

The joys of PSN

How are you going to spin this nomad?

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude28 - 31 May 2017 03:02 AM

Just downloaded in 10mins
PSN speeds were always crap always had issues, talking with wilco all the time, but recently they have become super fast, they used to be complete nightmare i agree not anymore

Edit
Done sending more pics on group i made on PSN(you and wilco) , also to prove that 12 hrs is not a thing on my end

The joys of PSN

Yes, speeds dont matter if you dont have good games on it :p
Will cool you off, sending you pics of PS4 xclusive game starring Momiji and Honoka Smile
Simple…you will say wow again Smile

And Yakuza0 rating higher than Gears4 on MC is not spin man
Thats objective facts if you dont like my subjective taste Smile

Just found out GuiltyGearXrdRev2 was free for limited time on PSN(i missed it), man such an awesome upgrade…amazing new characters…now hunting for physical copy

Baiken is just amazeballz design and game itself looks most stylish game along with Persona5 and Okami

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

nomadsoul - 31 May 2017 06:31 AM
SoccerDude28 - 31 May 2017 03:02 AM

Just downloaded in 10mins
PSN speeds were always crap always had issues, talking with wilco all the time, but recently they have become super fast, they used to be complete nightmare i agree not anymore

Edit
Done sending more pics on group i made on PSN(you and wilco) , also to prove that 12 hrs is not a thing on my end

The joys of PSN

Yes, speeds dont matter if you dont have good games on it :p
Will cool you off, sending you pics of PS4 xclusive game starring Momiji and Honoka Smile
Simple…you will say wow again Smile

And Yakuza0 rating higher than Gears4 on MC is not spin man
Thats objective facts if you dont like my subjective taste Smile

Just found out GuiltyGearXrdRev2 was free for limited time on PSN(i missed it), man such an awesome upgrade…amazing new characters…now hunting for physical copy

Baiken is just amazeballz design and game itself looks most stylish game along with Persona5 and Okami

I have 240 MBPs so in the US, I am on the high end. With Steam and MS I get download speeds of 12 MBPs, so it’s not on my side nomad Smile

And here’s an article from Forbes that shows you I’m not the only one.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jplafke/2017/03/31/how-to-finally-fix-slow-ps4-and-psn-download-speeds-for-real/#64cc65932d4e

I was just in the mood for netflix yesterday, but PSN won’t connect me to the network until the system update and you saw the time required. I ended up turning the XBOX and watching there. I realize Sony has some good games, but does that excuse their crappy service? It used to be fine when you didn’t have to pay for it, but now that you pay a subscription, I expect better. wilco has also mentioned the decrease in quality in the PS+ free game offerings. Sony is mainly floating right now on the huge momentum they gained after Microsoft’s blunder the beginning of this generation, but if there is one thing I have learned about gamers, they are a flickle bunch and will leave you in a heartbeat.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude28 - 31 May 2017 12:37 PM

so it’s not on my side nomad Smile

As i said PSN was nightmare in speeds but not anymore, recently i am downloading with same PC speeds for some reason
Your own connection speed doesn’t count, someone pointed out on Neogaf they have some que and server system for each user and each file, its random
For e.g a 300b file will take more time than 3gb sometimes
But considering pics i posted on PSN to you after your post immediately is a proof that it was not on my end, since your pic is showing 12 hrs

Even considering that PSN speeds are indeed crappier than MS, doesnt justify a value of 400$ MSbox considering all its software lineup will end on PC anyway Tongue
So practically MS conference is PC conference, Scorpio is essentially Steambox version by MS…zero value for PC gamers with rigs

wilco has also mentioned the decrease in quality in the PS+ free game offerings

Lets say its 60$ for a year, and Abzu is this month and Killingfloor2 next, both are great great titles, thats 40$, add just 2 more like these in coming months and thats 80$
20$ more worth than your base expenditure so i dont see the complain at all
And this year they gave you Tearaway,Discjam,NotaHero,Day of The Tentacle Remastered,This War of Mine,Titan Souls etc type which i am not even counting but they exist..and if you count them all, considering some Vita titles for Wilco they are 1000$ of value

Now lets look back at some must play titles given in 2016
Grim Fandango Remastered
Rapture
Perssona4Arena/Yakuza5 for ps3
Galak-Z
Gone Home: Console Edition
Siren PS3
Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell
Furi
Journey(ps4,ps3)
Lords of the Fallen
Transformers: Devastation
Resident Evil REmake etc

Sony is mainly floating right now on the huge momentum they gained after Microsoft’s blunder the beginning of this generation

That one blunder was so big it could have set precedent like DLC and other shit practices…forever for that alone Sony deserves gratitude , just imagine that timeline where Sony would have been forced to carry out same shit like MS

but if there is one thing I have learned about gamers, they are a flickle bunch and will leave you in a heartbeat

Disagree completely, Ninty fans like wilco dont
Wilco will never leave Asscreed or Ninty Smile

Edit

Meanwhile another cool game announced by XSEED for PS4/PC but not xb1, as if Xb1 is dead for Japan

Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin merges side-scrolling action w/ rice cultivation against a Japanese mythology backdrop. For PS4 & Windows PC.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Psn speed were excruciating at first but now at least now they are just annoying.

Considering DL speed for me now is

Steam>Gog>Xbox>PSN>WiiU

Not tested the Switch

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

nomadsoul - 31 May 2017 02:28 PM

As i said PSN was nightmare in speeds but not anymore, recently i am downloading with same PC speeds for some reason
Your own connection speed doesn’t count, someone pointed out on Neogaf they have some que and server system for each user and each file, its random
For e.g a 300b file will take more time than 3gb sometimes
But considering pics i posted on PSN to you after your post immediately is a proof that it was not on my end, since your pic is showing 12 hrs

It could be region dependent, or even area dependent, or time of day dependent. Are you in the NA region? I don’t get those types of speeds ALL the time, otherwise I would have never been able to buy and download stuff from the store at all, but every now and then, some crazy shit like this happens. They are definitely miles better than PS3 don’t take me wrong, but it is still far from XBOX and especially Steam.

As far as the free games go, they do amount to more value than 60 dollars if you add them all up, but in some cases I own these games or am not interested in buying them. They used to give away way more AAA games before. Now they mainly give away indies, which some are good, but I already own most of them on crazy Steam deals. I want them to give Last of Us/Infamous Caliber of games on a regular basis like they used to. During the first year or two it was understandable as the AAA games are brand new, but we are now entering year 4.

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

wilco - 31 May 2017 06:35 PM

Steam>Gog>Xbox>PSN>WiiU

That is pretty accurate from my experience too. The XBOX store on PC is probably higher than GOG since it seems to use peer to peer to download files.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude28 - 31 May 2017 07:32 PM

They are definitely miles better than PS3 don’t take me wrong, but it is still far from XBOX and especially Steam.

I want them to give Last of Us/Infamous Caliber of games on a regular basis like they used to. During the first year or two it was understandable as the AAA games are brand new, but we are now entering year 4.

yeah many of canadian relatives and friends in ontario are streaming games on shareplay with no issues, and atleast streaming is good as well as uploading, i upload very fast too, will share pics on psn of speeds next time
Streaming on twitch is no issue too

There are rumors of PSNOW getting free for PSN+ users
They need to do something to tackle XBGamepass

And frankly i dont mind PSN speeds now more than patches of games counting 10+GBs, thats far more fked up and mood breaker, esp if they are day1 patches…

They used to give away way more AAA games before. Now they mainly give away indies, which some are good, but I already own most of them on crazy Steam deals.

And PSN multi was also free, now have paywall and ninty too, thanks to XBlive precedent Smile in arrogant 360 days

I want them to give Last of Us/Infamous Caliber of games on a regular basis like they used to

Tlou and Sson type dont exist on regular basis let alone giving them free occasionally, games like Knack,NFS,Crew or Surge etc sure but rest is not a good business model tbh
I am personally in favor of not buying Indies only very special ones and leaving rest on PSN+
Infact i never tried Wdogs2 trial, got bored with Steep trial, played 3 days of Forhonor free beta, Division for 10 hrs and got bored, also not bothered for Mafia3 trial etc
These games can go free but their big trial is not even fun because for me they aint fun

Big AAA games throwaway is not guaranteed fun unlike Abzu or killing floor2, and games like above is smart value, so to each his own
Also there are more F2p games now, like Warframe,FF14,Paragon and letitdie, LiD community is still playing that game daily now
So models of value have changed

Btw, PS4 Dynamic themes are rad feature as well as communities

PS4/Sony worst bit is PSN+ multi pay wall, FW crashing console(glad its not happening now), Speeds > those sorted out too, sharing messages with wilco and others was nightmare too, now they are glitch free and super fast

External HD to take pic make it Theme, all are great features added with FWs on fly

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude28 - 21 May 2017 02:41 PM

As far as Microsoft goes, I think that Phil Spencer is doing an amazing job over there. The value they gave you with .....I was just pleasantly surprised yesterday that Phantom Dust(a niche XBOX game with a small staunch following) is available for free on both PC and XBOX One

https://www.destructoid.com/review-phantom-dust-439503.phtml

Smile

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

nomadsoul - 04 June 2017 07:20 AM
SoccerDude28 - 21 May 2017 02:41 PM

As far as Microsoft goes, I think that Phil Spencer is doing an amazing job over there. The value they gave you with .....I was just pleasantly surprised yesterday that Phantom Dust(a niche XBOX game with a small staunch following) is available for free on both PC and XBOX One

https://www.destructoid.com/review-phantom-dust-439503.phtml

Smile

Still people asked for it and MS delivered.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude28 - 04 June 2017 01:32 PM

and MS delivered

Sure did Smile

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

nomadsoul - 04 June 2017 02:02 PM
SoccerDude28 - 04 June 2017 01:32 PM

and MS delivered

Sure did Smile

At least they made a Phantom Dust. Where is this?

Lost in action

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude28 - 04 June 2017 02:08 PM

Lost in action

Resting with these

Smile

Talk about first parties you are going offtrack but well i got you covered , there is so much , here is 3rd party money hat

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

nomadsoul - 05 June 2017 01:44 AM

Lost in action

Resting with these

Smile

Talk about first parties you are going offtrack but well i got you covered , there is so much , here is 3rd party money hat

Oh you wanna go there huh?

or maybe this one?

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

nomadsoul - 05 June 2017 01:44 AM

Lost in action

Resting with these

Smile

By the way I played Fable Legends at E3 2014 (or 2015 not sure), and the game was really bad. I would have also cancelled it if I was the head of MS. If they went and released it, you would have said (oh look, MS only puts out bad games). Doomed if you do, doomed if you don’t Tongue

Edit: And Milo was a tech demo from Molyneux, who always promises the moon, and gives you a pebble.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top