• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

General Gaming News Thread

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Well Sony as a whole is not doing well.
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/sony-profits-down-54-despite-strong-playstation-pe/1100-6447485/

The Playstation brand is doing amazing, but the rest of the company not so much. Honestly, I think that Sony is a dying brand. It is very unfortunate that the electronics and movie divisions are bringing the company down. There were even rumors that Sony is trying to sell their Sony Pictures division.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 23 May 2017 04:45 PM
SoccerDude28 - 23 May 2017 03:48 PM

These PS2 games are pretty expensive to buy again. They are going for 14.99 some of them which for a 13-14 year old game is super expensive. I wish I still had my big fat PS3 but alas it YLOD’ed on me. I liked that thing because it can play PS2 games. Now I am keeping PS2, PS3 and PS4 to get my retro fix Pan which is why I was saying that XBOX One backwards compatibility is a blessing. Maybe not to you, but having limited space, having one less console is great. Just the other day, I popped in Blue Dragon and was set to go.

I don’t argue that Sony funds and supports good games, even some niche ones. That’s why I own a PS4/PS3 and PS2. My whole point before (which you might have missed) was that Sony lost their way and became arrogant at one point, and it was the competition from MS that brought them back.

Just in StarOceanPS2 on PS4, now buy it Tongue

I will spend 30 to 40 $ for PS2 games without any issue as long as games are like Killer7 or Okami, because current gen even cannot match them so timeless
Backward compatibility as in using physical games is useless but yes hardware emu should be a thing, but i guess emotion engine and cell engine is costly unlike ready made PC xbox consoles based emulator, thats why it will be easier for Sony to carry over PS4 catalog to next gen

PS3 games are probably hard but the rest Sony dropped the ball big time.
PS2 catalogue on PS4 is joke, they just stopped releasing games. Not even Sony games like Ico and SotC. Even third party is better with Capcom releasing Code Veronica.
Not to mention Ps1 games where Sony just doesn’t care.
Ps+ game offers are a also a joke now compared to PS3 days, adapting the Microsoft paid online games…  Thumbs Up
Sony studios and exclusives is stunning is in a league of it’s own now and maybe that’s great but i hope for a Microsoft rebound to keep them on their toes.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude28 - 23 May 2017 05:07 PM

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/sony-profits-down-54-despite-strong-playstation-pe/1100-6447485/

The Playstation brand is doing amazing, but the rest of the company not so much. Honestly, I think that Sony is a dying brand. It is very unfortunate that the electronics and movie divisions are bringing the company down. There were even rumors that Sony is trying to sell their Sony Pictures division.

Good to rid off Pictures, too much competition and low returns
Samsung was a nail in the coffin in TV division and portables

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 23 May 2017 05:19 PM
SoccerDude28 - 23 May 2017 05:07 PM

Good to rid off Pictures, too much competition and low returns
Samsung was a nail in the coffin in TV division and portables

I’m sure that Emoji movie will bring them movie… Or Jumanji remake… Poorly run movie company, not even Spiderman can save them

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 23 May 2017 05:15 PM

PS2 catalogue on PS4 is joke, they just stopped releasing games. Not even Sony games like Ico and SotC. Even third party is better with Capcom releasing Code Veronica.

Maybe sales aint there, and whats released isnt breaking even
Capcom will release RE on all consoles in future too, thing is why capcom not rel
Killer7,onimusha to RivalSchools ??
Because RE4 ps4 alone sold more than Ico/sotc LTD sales

Not to mention Ps1 games where Sony just doesn’t care

Yeah because they know Crash remaster even will be treated as inferior to mario64 and only nostalgia Tongue

i hope for a Microsoft rebound to keep them on their toes

MS dont spend millions on exclusives , they cant they wont
Order was huge backing and its now 3$ on sale, imagine
And Quanticdream gets support better than Lionhead

That attitude wont change considering DR4 and scalebound cancellation and above all
Remedy going multi with no Alanwake2

MS never had luxury of first party strength, Epic to Bungie…remaining champs are now separate too…

And what toes, you need to finish Horizon, Sony first party are competing within sony among themselves, their quality is in league of their own

Ps+ game offers are a also a joke now compared to PS3 days, adapting the Microsoft paid online games…

I was thinking of sub because it hast abzu this month, it had DoT and GF which you bought
If you wait you will get Full throttle and Headlander too for free
So thats a steal really…i think you are waiting on wrong games if you want to save money, avoid what you can think will be free
With PSN+, buying all indies is waste, just buy Goty indies like Finch or Inside
Inside too was on heavy plus discount
On PS4 i got it for 8$

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Such a sony fanboy now nomad! The power of Aloy Tongue

Remember when Psn+ games were Infamous2, Red Dead Redemption, Borderlands, Deux Ex, Saints Row 2, Dragons Dogma, RE5, Arkham City, ect?... Just compare it to where we are now
Also when they released Psone classics and you could play them in PS3, PSP and Vita? Also all those PS2 remasters of games that mattered packed?
Just saying desperate Sony can be cool but I’m not complaining much if they keep this steady release of great first party games.

I’m not sure what Microsoft is trying to do, all those cancellations seem like they are phasing out the Xbox support but at the same time they are releasing Scorpio this year so they have to have some exclusive games since even the third-party studios are backing PS4 with the exclusive maps, etc.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 23 May 2017 06:12 PM

Such a sony fanboy now nomad! The power of Aloy Tongue

I am proud to admit, infact i would be doing same if i were CEO in any games company
Spend and make experimental games like PS2 library
Invest and bring japan back like this year games
Move over Halo,Gears,zelda and Mario all the time…
We get tlou and Horizon with this mentality
Look how much Splatoon worked…and next thing you know classic ninty milling it with
tiny upgrades and selling as a full sequel

I am already super selective, would have quit gaming after bad japanese output last gen
I am less concerned about western gaming nowadays anyway, Bethesda,CDP,R* and Sony only
Rest is factory esp ubi Smile

Next Farcry will look beautiful , Montana with rightwing cultists and one or 2 great villains with minutes of total appearance in final game
You will get modern vehicles with reworked controls and physics from past farcry
It will be a recycle of same code,same mechanics and if lucky we will get towers

Next Asscreed will have Egypt, beautiful, crowd acting like AI of Bloodmoney
Sailing, assassinations…some templar before templar existed…

And after 2 years, they will announce new Ghost Division: AssCry Dogs Tongue

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

nomad, the problem with Japan is in the Japanese people’s tastes. Lots of the local Japanese gamers have moved to mobile or Pachinko. I visited Japan end of March/early April, and there is almost a Pachinko/Slot center every block. Sega has whole building 4 floors of claws and Pachinko machines. They abandoned their own, look at Kojima/Konami. Sega is not even at E3 anymore. Mobile is huge there. Nexon Mobile is multi-billion company, Shadowverse from CY Games is killing it.

Console gaming is not the top dog there like it used to.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude28 - 23 May 2017 07:49 PM

nomad, the problem with Japan is in the Japanese people’s tastes. Lots of the local Japanese gamers have moved to mobile or Pachinko. I visited Japan end of March/early April, and there is almost a Pachinko/Slot center every block. Sega has whole building 4 floors of claws and Pachinko machines. They abandoned their own, look at Kojima/Konami. Sega is not even at E3 anymore. Mobile is huge there. Nexon Mobile is multi-billion company, Shadowverse from CY Games is killing it.
Console gaming is not the top dog there like it used to.

First and foremost i am salty that you were in Japan, thanks to fukushima my only one chance(free time) i missed my heaven on earth Smile

Now i know about pachinko obsession but recent million sellers like Nioh and Nier prove that good money can be made with these quintessential ps2 titles
Persona5 was highest selling persona
Heck even many sales on Steam too
Nonary and Ronpa are profitable on steam
Also now development is cheap and easy thanks to UE4…time to flex muscles
Streaming culture helping with promotion too

Considering Injustice2 is UE3 modified i think UE4 can give a long mileage

Sega have to make good games, they are sitting on big names
Market behavior is now different, digital sales cut costs and random profit making
Lots of venues
This sold more than Bayo2 on Wiiu
https://steamspy.com/app/460790

They have recently changed strategy to bring old IPs though
http://www.tssznews.com/2017/05/14/sega-plans-to-revive-major-ips-sega-sammy-recoving-from-restructure/

So yeah my dream is Streets of Rage by Nagoshi on Yakuza engine with Blaze fan service
Full cutscenes and heat moves
Shinobi by Platinum

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Can someone tell me if Gravity Rush 2 gets better (on chapter 6 right now) and have to find a effin Balloon….i mean wtf i should care?

Toyama’s game always had whacky controls ,Silenthill, then Siren, Siren was a nightmare to push through at times, total wack camera

Siren ps3 was an improvement but GR2 is back to Siren2 level bad camera and bad bad missions and combat

42$ wasted , beware get it cheap if you have too
Unless some marvel happens i dont think this game can redeem

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Vanquish available now on Steam. Looks like a really decent port.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude28 - 25 May 2017 12:20 PM

Vanquish available now on Steam. Looks like a really decent port.

Ps4 ver at E3 and sequel please
I think Kenjo Saito can helm it now that Mikami is not at Platinum anymore

Vanquish is purest form of gaming nirvana, if anyone can medically tackle it

It can be hard , very hard to track the fast pace nature
I was real bad on normal but there are many who have finished the damn Challenges

With 60fps, its now possible Platinum’s best title but solid hardcore

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

No Sir, MS is absolute mistake, nothing but trash

“In the early concept of Alan Wake 2 that we took to Microsoft ... there was the idea of it being episodic and in between having live action episodes,” Sam Lake told me. “That part they loved. They were like, ‘This is a keeper but… we are looking for a new IP.’ They wanted to own that. Alan Wake is ours so that was off the table, so it needed to be something else

In the midst of Microsoft’s TV enthusiasm, Quantum Break was born. Then Microsoft was forced to change its mind after the TV idea went down like a lead balloon. So Microsoft closed Xbox Entertainment Studios in LA and backed out. But Remedy’s course was already set. Fortunately Remedy had been outsourcing its filming elsewhere, so somehow Quantum Break “survived all of those shifts at Microsoft”.

“I would love to do that!” said Lake. “We are not making Alan Wake 2 at the moment. We own Alan Wake, I feel there is value in Alan Wake, I would love to do more Alan Wake, but these things, they are more than just creative ideas: there is a business side to it. There are many things that need to click into place to make it possible.”

Pan

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

nomadsoul - 26 May 2017 10:00 AM

No Sir, MS is absolute mistake, nothing but trash

“In the early concept of Alan Wake 2 that we took to Microsoft ... there was the idea of it being episodic and in between having live action episodes,” Sam Lake told me. “That part they loved. They were like, ‘This is a keeper but… we are looking for a new IP.’ They wanted to own that. Alan Wake is ours so that was off the table, so it needed to be something else

In the midst of Microsoft’s TV enthusiasm, Quantum Break was born. Then Microsoft was forced to change its mind after the TV idea went down like a lead balloon. So Microsoft closed Xbox Entertainment Studios in LA and backed out. But Remedy’s course was already set. Fortunately Remedy had been outsourcing its filming elsewhere, so somehow Quantum Break “survived all of those shifts at Microsoft”.

“I would love to do that!” said Lake. “We are not making Alan Wake 2 at the moment. We own Alan Wake, I feel there is value in Alan Wake, I would love to do more Alan Wake, but these things, they are more than just creative ideas: there is a business side to it. There are many things that need to click into place to make it possible.”

Pan

That was Don Mattrick’s doing. We know he did a shitty job and he got fired. But perfect Sony never did anything wrong Naughty

When did you become such a Sony fanboy nomad?

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude28 - 26 May 2017 07:11 PM

When did you become such a Sony fanboy nomad?

Always have been since PSX era, and Demon’Souls alone is better than anything on 360 last gen
Now if you dont play and enjoy DS,BBorne,Nier,Nioh,last guardian etc types
Then i cannot help it…
And yeah Nioh outsold Halowars2

More juice,

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2017-01-13-where-are-the-xbox-ones-exclusives

You cannot defend MS or Ninty, Sony just wins in software library and its variety for hardcore away from mainstream franchises

Still waiting for your MS 2017 and future lineup list from you…
If there is…

That was Don Mattrick’s doing

Still MS
If Spencer had balls he had supported AW2 after Qbreak
No he isnt Sony thats supported TLG till now…MS is all about business first
If you think MS executives are passionate gamers then i can only cringe
He is a guy who axed Scalebound and said,
Scalebound Cancellation Is “Better for Xbox Gamers”

Then why give the bait all these years at E3s only to can it
What about gamers who only buy for one or 2 games…
I am glad i sold trashboxone at right time and now both remedy and P* gone
MS is a waste

Sony Kaz and Shuhei have gaming DNA in them
Same of Layden, they love and play games

Shuhei was in LegendOfDragoon team, that pedigree speaks alot

They are bringing one of dream projects Shenmue back

Thanks to Sony executives you people got Lucas AGs

Talk about being ungrateful , thats all

Lots of Juice,

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/revisiting-xbox-e3-2014-remembering-the-dead

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!