• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CharophyceandiegoLady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

General Gaming News Thread

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude28 - 27 May 2017 12:45 AM

Was that the PS3 version? I played it on PC and it looked really good.

No it didnt,it same downgraded model and texture detail, you are confident like Scalebound 2015

And run this in parallel

Or better yet

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

The cover for Far Cry reminds me of the Last Supper painting.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude28 - 28 May 2017 01:20 PM

It’s just a game people

Well Hollywood and Games are leftist and Neo liberals agenda period
Putting black man on cover, female leads, various color cast in horizon etc all in the name of diversity and empowering minorities but when it comes to religious people or conservatives being typecasted as nutcases, all is fine
White trailer trash in this case

Its clear stereotyping and ...

The cover for Far Cry reminds me of the Last Supper painting.

Yes you are right, it was intentional and French love to mock(like the controversies in their infamous newspaper)
Whats worse is that crucifix sign on wolf’s head

Do some stereotyping edgy stuff against women and liberals will burn the game down

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

SoccerDude28 - 28 May 2017 01:20 PM

Even more Far Cry controversy
http://www.newshub.co.nz/home/entertainment/2017/05/white-genocide-simulator-far-cry-5-causes-controversy.html

It’s just a game people

People need to tweet something big for attention and news site need to make a story on random tweets for clicks… It’s a circle, I doubt there’s really an outrage.
Ubi laughs at all this because more exposure is what they want.

Last Supper has been used a lot for marketing it’s a strong recognizagle image, in this case sets the tone. Like the Far Cry 4 cover

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

RedHood Injustice reveal

@wilco
That Galactica pic is too is leftist mocking religion

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

Mocking or just referencing?

Stories have always drawn on previous folklore and mythology, including the Bible if you believe some reports.

I’ve only seen the first ~15 episodes of BSG though, so can’t be sure the point it’s making.  On the face of it, it could be seen as quite controversial but I can see at least one other interpretation.

I do intend to finish watching it at some point, so no spoilers, please. Tongue

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 28 May 2017 06:35 PM

RedHood Injustice reveal

@wilco
That Galactica pic is too is leftist mocking religion

Mocking? It’s just a reference to one of the most known paintings. Been done a lot of times.

Red Hood looks great. Show Starfire!

dumbeur - 28 May 2017 10:35 PM

Mocking or just referencing?

Stories have always drawn on previous folklore and mythology, including the Bible if you believe some reports.

I’ve only seen the first ~15 episodes of BSG though, so can’t be sure the point it’s making.  On the face of it, it could be seen as quite controversial but I can see at least one other interpretation.

I do intend to finish watching it at some point, so no spoilers, please. Tongue

You’ve been spoiled - Number 6 is Jesus! Smile
Just kidding, no spoilers, the picture is more about a reference to the religious themes of the show. Enjoy the rest of it.

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

Now that’s a Jesus I could get behind. Wink

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

dumbeur - 29 May 2017 04:27 AM

Now that’s a Jesus I could get behind. Wink

So did Gaius Baltar! And it almost killed the human race Smile

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 29 May 2017 04:14 AM

Mocking? It’s just a reference to one of the most known paintings. Been done a lot of times

Lot of times by who?? For people who inspires reverence from Jesus or some other seculars or more specifically leftists

That BSG pic swaps a babe in hot outfit with a Holiest figure of one major religion
But again thats one of the reasons why today even attaching word F with his name is a figure of speech…there was a time when Portuguese clerics use to visit Japan as missionaries to convert and here we are now,JC diluted to form of entertainment

Halo has biblical subtext, alot
JC denton from DeusEx was supposed to be JesusChrist…
But comparing to that smart use, BSG and FC5 are just in a bad taste
Infact JC was not specifically mentioned in the game to avoid same political misstep

Hence the reason why even gender is now a choice in FC5(not that i am against gender choice)
Point being in current political climate you can easily figure out political bearings of creators, considering its done for a purpose

In a nutshell if you cannot buy his book,

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

You are going totally off-topic
This is games, nomad, not politics!
They are trying to sell a story, a product, not brainwash you!

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 29 May 2017 11:48 AM

This is games, nomad, not politics!
They are trying to sell a story, a product, not brainwash you!

Not mutually exclusive from where i am sitting, might be for you
Question is who is making the product and why?
There are people who just take things at face value
But others are vocal, i have already linked video with Media giants accepting the fact

Plus there is a reason why Manveer guy was fired from Bioware, just google his hate against white people and his team excluded option for white skin

http://ibankcoin.com/zeropointnow/2017/03/19/white-evil-new-mass-effect-excludes-white-character-creation-in-ongoing-sjw-assault-on-a-race/

Explain this??

Reason why Druckmann said he has secret agenda to push women in games, in his own presentation, same reason why you see women being leads and all in Ndog games

Sensitive anti Islamic content was censored from various games from Zelda
to Littlebigplanet, infact recently SFV stage was pulled immediately after it was found that it had Islamic prayers in Stage music of Thailand, why?
More cases of Zacknwiki getting censored, Undying getting patched(since clive barker is well known religious hater) and Kakutochojin being removed from shelves by MS themselves

Also i know plenty Christians avoid SMT and Persona for its mockery, there have been topics on this issue since psx days of Xenogears/SMT

And again the reason why sensitive figures of Judaism and Abrahamic religions are removed for Persona5 , because Hashino deemed it necessary to make P5 as controversy free as possible to reach all audience..another aspect of final boss cannot spoil you will come to know…
Original directors of SMT persona are not there anymore, who had a penchant for perverting religion and esp God
Care to explain all of the above?
You cannot since it already happened…

Its not offtopic when content changes,patched or pulled off ...because sensitive material is part of content

White/Conservatives community wont ban FC5 properly else i believe it can lead to marketing failure and result in debacle like Andromeda

Once again, if you want to trivialize political aspect is separate

wilco - 29 May 2017 11:48 AM

This is games, nomad, not politics

Care to explain?

http://www.craveonline.com/entertainment/1202129-last-us-2-personal-politics-belong-video-games

I can entertain with more facts but i think that much of info will suffice

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

2B did it Smile

Total worldwide shipments and digital sales for NieR: Automata have exceeded 1.5 million units, Square Enix announced.
The announcement comes nearly three months after the game reached one million shipments and digital sales.

On PS4 sold more than a million, since 360k is on steam??

Best selling Platinum title

LetitDie reached 3 million downloads too

Sony is on fire
And Taro must be rolling in happiness

Give Taro mainline FF

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top