• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

DaleVeovis

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

General Gaming News Thread

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude28 - 05 June 2017 02:14 AM

If they went and released it, you would have said (oh look, MS only puts out bad games). Doomed if you do, doomed if you don’t

Thats the the problem of MS, unlike Ninty and Sony, no Japanese DNA means they dont know what makes game fun, what to select what to fund what QA is etc
They are average gamers in suits

Yoshida fav games are Souls and Persona, he Platinumed Bloodborne
He axed 8days in favor of same IP in different setting > Uncharted
Sameway he axed Stig Santamonica game for Destiny

MSoft wasnt bad in 360 days, from lost odyssey to Ninjgaiden2 to better 3rd party versions
But now they have completely lost it, they think about profit margin first, they dont invest in creative IPs that much

Also you conveniently avoid what Sony delivered esp this gen than just pointing out loose ends, just like any good game, Sony cover its sins with great great games
For every 2 games that gets a axe, there is Horizon ,tlou and BB tier
Good enough than yearly Forza…if you enjoy that , good for you

Let E3 come, for you Spidey will steal your soul alone against all MS games but you will still blame Sony for PS3 arrogance and watnot

What as a gamer i know is that Sony has this ideology of creative games
They have history of Japanese killer creative games , they have world class first party

MS first party games are not even world class except again a Racer
They dont invest in games like Sony do

MS was lucky to have Bungie and Epic, now they are mere shadow of former self without them

And Milo was a tech demo from Molyneux, who always promises the moon, and gives you a pebble

Well atleast Fable games werent as bad as Halo4&5
And gamers on that time were comparing it with Heavyrain and now it has sold 4.5million on ps3/4 combined
Power of Sony investing creative games that gave birth to genre which led to TTG
Just like every game is copying Souls,Uncharted now
Not counting Journey because that itself copied Souls Tongue

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

nomadsoul - 05 June 2017 03:12 AM

He axed 8days in favor of same IP in different setting > Uncharted

What is your source for this? They were actually announced at the same time, and the settings are very different, so where did you get this information from?

nomadsoul - 05 June 2017 03:12 AM

Sameway he axed Stig Santamonica game for Destiny

He axed a first party game for a third party one that can jump ship to MS when Sony’s fortunes turn around? From the same publisher that decided to switch from MS ton Sony for Call of Duty? Yeah smart move.

MSoft wasnt bad in 360 days, from lost odyssey to Ninjgaiden2 to better 3rd party versions

Sony went from one of the best selling consoles of all time in the PS2, to third place in the 360 era, at least for the first 4 or 5 years. MS had Mass Effect exclusive when it came out, Lost Odyssey, BLue Dragon, Ninja Gaiden, Gears of War,  Dead Rising etc…
Not to mention their online service was miles ahead of the PS3’s. But just like Sony in the PS3 era, they became arrogant and dropped the ball. I think with Phil, they will be back as a strong contender. Phil is a true gamer, and he is the one who pushed for Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon to be backwards compatible on XOne because he is fond of those games. You are judging him based on one game which is Scalebound, and for all you know, the game might have been really bad in the state it was in.

But now they have completely lost it, they think about profit margin first, they dont invest in creative IPs that much

I’m hoping that will change soon. We will see this E3 what they have up their sleaves.

Also you conveniently avoid what Sony delivered esp this gen than just pointing out loose ends, just like any good game, Sony cover its sins with great great games
For every 2 games that gets a axe, there is Horizon ,tlou and BB tier
Good enough than yearly Forza…if you enjoy that , good for you

No I don’t. I actually have said many times if you listen, that Sony is doing right things wish Shuhei Yoshida. They are however in danger of getting arrogant again.

Well atleast Fable games werent as bad as Halo4&5

Halos 4 and 5 are really good games, much better than Fable Legend. If you don’t like them because of your bias, that is one thing, but they are critically acclaimed by journos.

And gamers on that time were comparing it with Heavyrain and now it has sold 4.5million on ps3/4 combined
Power of Sony investing creative games that gave birth to genre which led to TTG
Just like every game is copying Souls,Uncharted now
Not counting Journey because that itself copied Souls Tongue

Uncharted copied Gears with its cover system, and tomb raider with its traversal. I love Uncharted a lot, but gameplay wise, it borrows heavily from other games.
Halo was a pioneer on the original XBox, and most shooters ever since use recharging health, including our beloved uncharted. Sony also copied from Ms having indies on their console. If it weren’t for the 360’s XBOX live arcade stuff, and the indie stuff there, I don’t think indie on console would have taken off. Games like Braid or Fez did so well on the 360 and paved the way for others to follow. Also trophies are rip offs of achievements. Both companies borrow from each other, and that is what improves things on the long run. It is called competition. But you want there to only be Sony and no competition so that we go back to PS3 era of cell processor, bad performance and ugly games, long download times, and 600 dollar consoles. Thank MS that they FORCED Sony to adapt to survive.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

The success of Horizon has been a proof point for Sony that gamers still want large-scale, epic narrative games. With so many studios talking about “games as a service” and large online experiences that rely on player interaction rather than scripted narrative, it’s refreshing to see that Sony still firmly believes in games like Uncharted, Horizon and upcoming titles like God of War. “That’s what we do well,” Layden says.

This why Layden too 1ups spencer type executives

Just in this amazing Layden interview, read it soccerdude

http://www.glixel.com/news/playstation-is-winning-but-what-next-w485683

Rekt

Will ans your rest of stuff tomorrow , Katarina has sucked all my energy for today Mini Smile

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

nomadsoul - 05 June 2017 04:04 PM

The success of Horizon has been a proof point for Sony that gamers still want large-scale, epic narrative games. With so many studios talking about “games as a service” and large online experiences that rely on player interaction rather than scripted narrative, it’s refreshing to see that Sony still firmly believes in games like Uncharted, Horizon and upcoming titles like God of War. “That’s what we do well,” Layden says.

This why Layden too 1ups spencer type executives

Just in this amazing Layden interview, read it soccerdude

http://www.glixel.com/news/playstation-is-winning-but-what-next-w485683

Rekt

Will ans your rest of stuff tomorrow , Katarina has sucked all my energy for today Mini Smile

Good read. Although I like their stance on a lot of things, there are some things in that interview that made me cringe.

Making the pie bigger means looking at where the biggest games audience in the world currently plays most. “There’s be an explosion of people that games around the world, and a lot of that has come from mobile,” Ryan says, shaking his (Sony brand, of course) phone. “A big part of what we need to do is convince people that have been getting their gaming fix on their phone to buy a PS4. They want something more accessible, something that’s a less intensive time commitment.

Do we really need mobile players who play candy crush saga on the PS4, and dedicating valuable resources from first party studios to acquire them?

Also

Indie games were always a big part of this for Sony, but this year it seems like Sony backing away. “We still work with a lot of indies,” says Layden, “but it’s slowing down. It ebbs and flows. We’re seeing a lot of indie activity in VR, because they can do meaningful content with smaller teams there.”

No just no. Where are the “PS Loves Indies” banners?

You can thank the indies for keeping the supply of games flowing in the long drought between big AAA games. I really hope Adam Boyes(who was a huge indie proponent) leaving will not sever the great indie support the PS4 has garnered. MS is doubling down on their indie effort with ID@Xbox so you don’t want to abandon the support.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Totally forgot Boyes left Sony, will be missed at E3, always brought the news bombs.
Nick Suttner also left, probably related to less indie support.
Dropping support on quality games like Rime and Edith Finch was not a very good move but they probably realized they don’t need indie exclusives and those games mostly get released there anyway.

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

wilco - 05 June 2017 05:15 PM

Totally forgot Boyes left Sony, will be missed at E3, always brought the news bombs.
Nick Suttner also left, probably related to less indie support.
Dropping support on quality games like Rime and Edith Finch was not a very good move but they probably realized they don’t need indie exclusives and those games mostly get released there anyway.

Yeah Boyes is awesome. I think we owe him bigtime for bringing the remastered versions of GF, DOTT and Full Throttle to the PS4 (and PC).
Also probably one of the best moments of E3 ever:

Smile

Him leaving and the comments from Shawn Layden as well as dropping Rime and Edith Finch seem to be pointing to a Sony that is abandoning indies (at least in a publishing role). I am guessing Tommorow Children, and the DF remasters did not sell well. Those indie games is where a lot of the innovation happens and where Sony was able to bridge the gap in between releases, so I have a feeling they are messing this up bigtime.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude28 - 05 June 2017 12:19 PM

Not to mention their online service was miles ahead of the PS3’s. But just like Sony in the PS3 era, they became arrogant and dropped the ball. I think with Phil, they will be back as a strong contender. Phil is a true gamer, and he is the one who pushed for Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon to be backwards compatible on XOne because he is fond of those games. You are judging him based on one game which is Scalebound, and for all you know, the game might have been really bad in the state it was in

Layden saying we do single player best
Petehines said same thing
SEnix , ubi and spencer = Service based games and monetization in ever game
PS3 had critically better games , said before Journey,HR,DS and UC2, tlou were all GOTYs
Care to name MS GOTYs???
I will give you that MS sales were better as well as netcode, never argued that but
there was heavy bias for US machine in that time, total ethnocentrism in flame wars

I’m hoping that will change soon. We will see this E3 what they have up their sleaves.

Halos 4 and 5 are really good games, much better than Fable Legend. If you don’t like them because of your bias, that is one thing, but they are critically acclaimed by journos

Yeah Nioh and Yakuza0 beats them respectively Tongue
While both dropped from 94% Halo3, clear drop in quality
As i said, 343i is hardly world class, nor Coalition Smile

Uncharted copied Gears with its cover system

Nope, you forgot , thats a lie, here is the original source

and tomb raider with its traversal

New TR copying UC now, traversal in UC is sticky automated shit that i never liked and hardly like original TR, which also tainted new TR
When i said UC setting standard, i meant animations, setpieces and cinematic approach
Even FF7R Cloud is doing same animations now like Noctis

No just no. Where are the “PS Loves Indies” banners?

MS is doubling down on their indie effort with ID@Xbox so you don’t want to abandon the support.

Should be thanking sony now that MS started self publishing this year
A little too late now that PS4 is 60 million
And seriously Cuphead and Below are joke now…
They even pulled Ori2 away from last E3 because of short lineup

Do we really need mobile players who play candy crush saga on the PS4, and dedicating valuable resources from first party studios to acquire them?

Where it says candycrush?
where it says taking First party resources ???

Strawman

wilco - 05 June 2017 05:15 PM

Edit finch isnt on Xbox, and situation is far from bad like MS whose main Indies like Inside coming a month later, and Witness ditching MS altogether..i mean limbo and braid were MS bitches Sony stole them Smile
joBlow has only negative things to say for MS attitude of Indies in the beginning

Also Sony faced backlash from creator of Rapture, and Sony allowed PC release for same reason, for Sony PC versions are not lost sales and games like Rime are not worthy of moneyhats when your rest of the portfolio has Wild type tier

Nick Suttner also left, probably related to less indie support

Yakuza0 which rated higher than Halo5 was GioCorsi thing, he did a lot of vita and other shit
They also have Atlus guy now
Main indie guy was Shahid who left and became game dev himself, he was cashing in all deals behind the curtains

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

nomadsoul - 06 June 2017 02:41 AM

Layden saying we do single player best
Petehines said same thing
SEnix , ubi and spencer = Service based games and monetization in ever game
PS3 had critically better games , said before Journey,HR,DS and UC2, tlou were all GOTYs

XBOX 360 relied more on third party, and both Bioshock and Mass Effect were exclusive on that console for a while. Also amazing indie games like Braid, Bastion, Fez and Dust. Not to mention exclusive games like Dead Rising, Lost Odyssey, Viva Pinata and Crackdown which were pretty awesome. More importantly, until later in the console generation, many third party games performed better on the 360 because the PS3 had one of the worst architectures in gaming history. Now look at Sony, they copied the XBOX/PC architecture for PS4.

Yeah Nioh and Yakuza0 beats them respectively Tongue
While both dropped from 94% Halo3, clear drop in quality
As i said, 343i is hardly world class, nor Coalition Smile

They are no Bungie, but their games are not bad either. I would call 87% and 84% metacritic ratings still pretty good.

Nope, you forgot , thats a lie, here is the original source

I know Killswitch came first, but it was Gears who truly popularized it. Killswitch was a no name game that got very average reviews, and it came out in 2003. No company bothered using that control scheme until Gears came along and blew everyone away. Then all of a sudden, you had many games adopting the cover system including Uncharted. I highly doubt Uncharted would have had the cover system if Gears wasn’t so critically acclaimed and popular.

When i said UC setting standard, i meant animations, setpieces and cinematic approach
Even FF7R Cloud is doing same animations now like Noctis

The Gears games had some amazing set pieces especially Gears of War 2. But if you really want to trace cinematic approach, you have to go back to Metal Gear Solid and Final Fantasy JRPGs.

Should be thanking sony now that MS started self publishing this year

Yeah I do thank Sony that MS is switching course, just like you should thank MS that Sony did too.

A little too late now that PS4 is 60 million
And seriously Cuphead and Below are joke now…
They even pulled Ori2 away from last E3 because of short lineup

It is never too late, the PS3 was lagging significantly in sales and it caught up. You just have to double down, and supporting games like Cuphead and Below is a great first step. Microsoft is now taking the approach to indie that Sony took years back and they are abandoning now for some idiotic reason. Why are you so mad that MS dropped Fable Legend and Scalebound, but you are not mad that Sony dropped Finch and Rime, both of which came very soon afterwards? I actually have played Fable Legend and it was crap, but Edith Finch is pretty darn good.

Where it says candycrush?

He is talking about the casual folks, not hardcore ones because he mentioned titles like Singstar.

where it says taking First party resources ???

Someone is going to build this right? They either use first party resources, like they did with singstar or buzz, or pay money to a second/third party studio to build it, not to mention marketing money for these games, money that could be better spent on their core audience games.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Dude you are reaching there and talking like fanboy now, here another metrics that render another of your point useless

SoccerDude28 - 23 May 2017 03:48 PM

These PS2 games are pretty expensive to buy again. They are going for 14.99 some of them which for a 13-14 year old game is super expensive. I wish I still had my big fat PS3 but alas it YLOD’ed on me. I liked that thing because it can play PS2 games. Now I am keeping PS2, PS3 and PS4 to get my retro fix Pan which is why I was saying that XBOX One backwards compatibility is a blessing. Maybe not to you, but having limited space, having one less console is great. Just the other day, I popped in Blue Dragon and was set to go.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/06/backward-compatible-xbox-360-games-are-less-than-2-of-xbox-one-usage-time/

Rekt

After E3 we will compare released and future exclusives with Metacritic again
Since you are keep repeating same Halo/Gears fanboy spin, when i pointed out that critically and commercially its now below UC4 and Tlou
Even new IPs Horizon beating gears4 ass
And critically japanese games beating it Yak0/Nioh > Halo4&5, said earlier that Nioh sales >Hwars2 too…sad

Its a huge shame when Japanese IPs beat major main games of MS that it swaggers at conventions…MS is out of quality, they havent made any new profitable IP this gen

Even outside strategies and all the talk soccerdude, always remember, as a gamer i will always take Ndog,GG,Suckerpunch,SCEJapan and Santamonica games over Coalition,Epic,343i or Rare…always…no matter how bad console is
Now that Japan is too back again on Ps4, MS appeal is even less attractive

Wish you all 343 tier stuff…enjoy…i think its our taste and following that defines us

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

nomadsoul - 06 June 2017 03:05 PM

Dude you are reaching there and talking like fanboy now, here another metrics that render another of your point useless

If anything I’ve been called a Sony fanboy before. I am just trying to be impartial, but you are obviously very biased.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/06/backward-compatible-xbox-360-games-are-less-than-2-of-xbox-one-usage-time/

Rekt

Just because someone does not use a feature does not mean that it isn’t awesome. I for one love it and use it all the time. It might be okay for you to keep around 3 consoles, but with my limited living space, I would much rather have one.

Wish you all 343 tier stuff…enjoy…i think its our taste and following that defines us

Why can’t I like both? I play both Gears and Uncharted, Crackdown and Infamous, Rare replay stuff and Ratchet, and I like them all. Why do you have to choose one or another? By restricting yourself to Sony, you are missing out on some potential great titles from MS and Ninty. If being a hardcore fanboy is your thing so be it, but I think it’s really stupid to follow a company blindly. Sony has made their share of mistakes just like MS, but you just refuse to see that. How can you not admit that going from best selling console to third place in console race was caused by their arrogance and bad decisions? They learned their lesson and corrected the course, good for them, but they are far from perfect.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude28 - 06 June 2017 05:34 PM

Why do you have to choose one or another? By restricting yourself to Sony, you are missing out on some potential great titles from MS and Ninty. If being a hardcore fanboy is your thing so be it

I prefer as my fav oer other just like i prefer one franchise over other
I am 10 hrs in Zelda botw, but i tell ya its no Prey or Horizon…and the console has only one game yet, which i have rented now and Wiiu and XB1 i sold back…why sold back maybe because i knew SB cancellation coming
I might rent/buy Scorpio again if they will show some killer app i want, but man few games to play is just not worthy of praise when on PS4 i will be playing Wipeout collection,Crash,FF12,Kiwami,Hellblade and Lost legacy and thats july august only (please give rundown of Xbone game if you are done watching netflix on it Smile )
These software make me prefer Sony , like DS,Folklore,Journey,UC2,Sirenps3 etc before
You clearly have that Gears/Halo focus group thing going on, total mainstream please all games repeated to 100th time shooters
It feels like arguing with CoD,Asscreed fan….

Sony has made their share of mistakes just like MS, but you just refuse to see that. How can you not admit that going from best selling console to third place in console race was caused by their arrogance and bad decisions? They learned their lesson and corrected the course, good for them, but they are far from perfect.

Sony is preferred by Jaffe to many other Devs like Ndog who hardly want to leave it due to creative control, same for David cage
Same reason why MS had so many chances but failed to bring Shenmue
I like Sony for its body of Devs
I like Yoshida hanging around with Ueda,Miyazaki and Jaffe
You dont get that with reggie or spencer profit first culture

If it wasnt for creative freedom this Jaffe’s creation gow wont be 17 million views on youtube and such a spectacle for E3 and most wanted upcoming game
Hell when Jaffe put tits and sex in main AAA blockbuster game, it was a statement of Brand, same goes for insane difficulty of Demons souls

You dont get that by repeating generic Marines and Marios starring in every game

As i said ,Sony might be bad, lets say it is, but MS and Ninty are far far worse in software….its IPs that makes it
Sony is the only company that fits my definition of creativity to put it simple

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

ARMS flopped in ratings

http://www.metacritic.com/game/switch/arms

Nintendo fans panicking in damage control

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

78% is a flop ???

Puts it in the same score as..

Nier AUtomata
For Honor
Everyone’s gone to the rapture
Dying light
Prey (79)
Nioh (76)

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Lucien21 - 07 June 2017 04:25 PM

78% is a flop ???
Puts it in the same score as..
Nier AUtomata
Nioh (76)

Bro for realz??

NioH and Nier both 88
http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/nioh
http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/nier-automata

ARMS 78

http://www.metacritic.com/game/switch/arms

Halowars2 79

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-one/halo-wars-2

Anti sony bias is strong here Smile

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/nier-automata—-3c3c1d119440927
http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/nioh-dragon-of-the-north

It’s the DLC packs that I saw.

Still don’t think 78 is a flop figure.

Also I play most of my games on the PS4 so no anti-sony bias here.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top