• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Gabrielwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] The Casual Playthrough Voting Thread

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Sorry to have to post this, but it would seem that this is another nail in the coffin for Wishmaster.

I got this response from BFG today re: the ability to download the game if you have already purchased it, but it is no longer loaded.

>>Hi Tim,

This is Sam in Seattle! Thanks for writing in to us. I understand that E.P.I.C: Wishmaster Adventures is no longer available for purchase on our site, and there is concern as to whether or not it can be re-downloaded. I know how important it is to be on top of such things, and I can certainly look into this for you.

Thanks for providing that information. I’ve confirmed that if a game is no longer available on our site, that it cannot be re-downloaded from your account’s Purchase History, as this has caused errors in the past.

Apologies for any inconvenience this offers to you.<<

I’m still looking for alternatives. For those who have purchased the game, but no longer have it loaded, I would certainly be asking BFG for a game credit. This is really bumming me out.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

More regarding Wishmaster. I received this response from BFG today. This applies to anyone who bought Wishmaster from BFG, but no longer have the game loaded on their computer. This confirms that you are eligible for a game credit.

Our Response

Hi Tim,

Thanks for following up with me.

Yes, you are absolutely correct.

In a situation such as this where a previously purchased game is no longer available on our site, and the game has been removed from a user’s computer, we can certainly offer a replacement code to get a new game that is available on our site.

We would simply need to be contacted in regards to such an instance.

Please let me know if there are any additional questions or concerns regarding this. Simply reply directly to this message.

Best,
Sam

Your Entry

It doesn’t currently apply to me. But it does to several others in the AG casual game community . If we bought the game and deleted it for whatever reason, expecting we would be able to reinstall it at a later date from our Purchase History, and the situation you describe below occurred….Should those that bought the game get a game credit if they can no longer install the game they bought?

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’ve seen on the other Casual thread some suggestions so I’m up for both the Dire Grove Games & also MCF: 13th Skull!

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I loved the first Dire Grove game, and am really enjoying the second. It’s interesting that the first game came from the BFG Studios. The second was developed by/subcontracted to Elephant Games. I’m not sure I ever played 13th Skull. If I did, it didn’t make much of an impression.

I’ll probably open up the thread for nominations and voting in another week or so. I know there are a few people, e.g. Lady Kestrel and harald who are doing things other than playing games, and won’t be back until the 20th.

FWIW re: Wishmaster, there are multiple download sites in addition to Alawar. If you Google “epic wishmaster downlad” (without quotes) they’ll all show up. Some are torrent sites. I have no recommendations. However, it would seem that all of them require you to download an “installer” in addition to the game itself. It’s the same as the BFG Game Manager, but without the up-front transparency. Currently myself, Becky and Crabapple have the game installed. It’s available for Mac from G5 Games, so I’m guessing Lady Kestrel might chose to downlad it. We need a minimum of eight.

So, if anyone decides to download Wishmaster, let me know. If we get eight potential players, I’ll re-nominate the game.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 343

Joined 2012-03-13

PM

rtrooney - 13 January 2015 06:44 PM

So, if anyone decides to download Wishmaster, let me know. If we get eight potential players, I’ll re-nominate the game.

I have it on my computer. I like the game and would enjoy replaying it but I would not want anyone to feel they should download from a site they consider sleazy or offensive.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Well, that’s five.

There is no pressure for anyone to download the game from any site.

As long as any game is available from any reputable site, I would have no trouble nominating it. Even if nobody heard of the game before. But this is something different. If people are uncomfortable downloading a game from a site they don’t trust, that brings the number of available gamers into play. And there’s no sense in nominating a game if there aren’t enough players to make it worthwhile.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

OK! I’m going to open a new voting thread for the CCPT.

The last voting thread was unusual, to say the least. Two games were tied. But it turned out that one of the games, Wishmaster, had “availability” problems that couldn’t be overcome. It also turned out that the win-by-default game, Time Dreamer, was actually the predecessor to Wishmaster. We currently have five players who either have Wishmaster loaded, or have access to it.

This is unlike other vote/nomination scenarios. In normal circumstances, even if the game you wanted to win, didn’t, you might still join the playthrough because the winning game was available on BFG or another site of your choosing. For that reason I can’t nominate Wishmaster unless at least three other people choose to bite the bullet and download the game from any site you find by Googling “epic wishmaster download” without the quotes.

Lady K and harald will be back by the 20th. So no decisions will be made until they’ve had an opportunity to provide their input.

Game ranking as of the last vote is:

Depths of Betrayal
Nightmare Adventures - Witches Prison
Rite of Passage - Child of the Forest
F.A.C.E.S.
9: The Dark Side
Dark Strokes - Sins of the Father
Nearwood

Right off the top I’m going to nominate Dire Grove and Dire Grove - Sacred Grove. I offered to lead the first, and I believe Lady K said she would lead the second. We’ll need confirmation on this. I think this would be a great “sequence” choice.

I’m also going to nominate the Drawn trilogy. Sefir said he would lead the first. I’ll volunteer to lead the third. We need a leader for Chapter 2 if we want to play this in sequence. There aren’t many games that I would even think we could play “three-in-a-row” but this is the one. The third game is relatively short and ties the first two chapters together perfectly.

I hope to wrap up the nominating/voting process for this round by February 1.

Let me know what you think.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 2991

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

rtrooney - 15 January 2015 09:06 PM

I’m also going to nominate the Drawn trilogy. Sefir said he would lead the first. I’ll volunteer to lead the third. We need a leader for Chapter 2 if we want to play this in sequence. There aren’t many games that I would even think we could play “three-in-a-row” but this is the one. The third game is relatively short and ties the first two chapters together perfectly.

I have no problem at all in leading Drawn: The Painted Tower. I guess I could lead the 2nd one as well, but I would prefer a 3rd leader to step up.
And the 1st of February looks perfect according to my scheadule.

I would also like to apologise to everyone for not being able to participate in the previous playthrough in the amount I wanted, because of really heavy scheadule (which will continue until the 29th of January where I have a MSc IS presentation). I’m still playing Time Dreamer though (avoiding the thread for the time being for not being spoiled) and I like it.

EDIT: My votes go to:
-The Drawn Trilogy
-Dire Grove
-Depths of Betrayal
-Nightmare Adventures - Witches Prison
-Rite of Passage - Child of the Forest

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I’ll vote for:

- Depths of Betrayal
- 9: The Dark Side
- Dire Grove and Dire Grove - Sacred Grove
- Drawn trilogy

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

I also sorry that I didn’t participate in the last CCP, I had planned to do so, but… well it just didn’t turn out that way.

(And I also still need to get started with TWW and join in on that CP)

Anyway both the Drawn trilogy and the Dire Grove duology sounds fine by be and gets my vote.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 2991

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Iznogood - 16 January 2015 08:18 AM

(And I also still need to get started with TWW and join in on that CP)

You should. We just started the 2nd chapter there.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Sefir - 16 January 2015 08:27 AM

You should. We just started the 2nd chapter there.

I know, and I will, tomorrow… perhaps… if things go as planned Wink

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I’d like to nominate Namariel Legends: Iron Lord, which has steampunk themes and no Hidden Object screens. It’s a more colorful flavor of steampunk—not so dark and edgy as, for instance, Depths of Betrayal.

I’d like to vote for

Namariel Legends: Iron Lord
Nightmare Adventures - The Witch’s Prison
Dark Strokes - Sins of the Fathers

The Drawn Trilogy

Total Posts: 343

Joined 2012-03-13

PM

I’ll vote for:

Nightmare Adventures: Witches Prison

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Vote total as of January 16

4 Drawn trilogy (played in sequence) (Sefir-leader Painted
Tower, Tim - leader Trail of Shadows, TimovieMan, Iznogood, Becky)
4 Dire Grove, Dire Grove - Sacred Grove (played in sequence)
(Tim -leader Dire Grove, Sephir, TimovieMan, Iznogood)
3 Depths of Betrayal (Tim, Sefir, TimovieMan)
3 9: The Dark Side (TimovieMan, furgotten, Becky)
3 Nightmare Adventures - Witches Prison (Sefir, Becky,
furgotten)
2 Rite of Passage - Child of the Forest (Tim, Sefir)
2 Namariel Legends: Iron Lord (Becky, Tim)
1 Dark Strokes - Sins of the Father (Becky)
F.A.C.E.S.
Nearwood

We need a leader for the second Drawn game, Drawn - Dark Flight. Lady Kestrel
said she would lead Dire Grove - Sacred Grove, but I will need her confirmation
on this.

I need to go back to the voting on the last playthrough. We had some leader volunteers for some of the other games. Don’t know whether those volunteers are still interested.

It would also be interesting to hear all of your thoughts about HO scenes. There were a lot of them in our last game, and that wasn’t a good thing. There are also a lot of HO scenes in Depths of Betrayal and F.A.C.E.S.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top