• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

BeckySefir

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Broken Sword 5 - Episode 2

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

rottford - 22 April 2014 09:21 AM

I’m hoping that the romantic moment at the end is a way for Charles Cecil & Co. to permanently tie George and Nico together—and stop the constant “all-to-convenient” reunions right before a big case.

I’m hoping that as well. I’ve always liked the character chemistry they share. Maybe at some point, not necessarily the next BS, they could start out in their honeymoon, which turns into another adventure.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

zeljka - 22 April 2014 06:48 AM

About the ending - I have seen a lot of comments where people are appalled that they ate the goat - I don’t get whats the big deal, I think they are exaggerating - I found the whole thing funny, especially coming from Shears who has done that. I just knew George and Nico would hook up again - I don’t get why they broke up in the first place, they haven’t explained it properly. 

Who could complain about the goat joke? Very funny moment and awesome ending. Obligatory almost kiss followed by another Shears moment! Smile

Total Posts: 161

Joined 2007-09-11

PM

teme - 22 April 2014 09:03 AM

I don’t quite get it… do you have examples of good sequels? Or a good series?

Well, series about professionals who make things right doesn’t have problem explaining why more of same is going on. Then again, you can argue that one professional is interchangaable with another, so they are just stand alone stories stringed together. But are not lot of stories told in more than two-three parts excused by fact that audience wants more of same, not some good continuity or conflict that needs more parts to be resolved properly? In original Bond novels, only few books are needed to torn down SPECTRE. My humble opinion is that even in series with grand conflict, often everything could have been resolved in fewer parts.

Total Posts: 76

Joined 2008-01-31

PM

Did anyone notice that Medovsky looks a lot like Vladimir Putin?

Edit: There was discussion about this in the original BS5 thread, sorry.

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Apparently a lot of people noticed that Smile A bit too massive for Putin imho.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2006-11-22

PM

wilco - 22 April 2014 09:50 AM
zeljka - 22 April 2014 06:48 AM

About the ending - I have seen a lot of comments where people are appalled that they ate the goat - I don’t get whats the big deal, I think they are exaggerating - I found the whole thing funny, especially coming from Shears who has done that. I just knew George and Nico would hook up again - I don’t get why they broke up in the first place, they haven’t explained it properly. 

Who could complain about the goat joke? Very funny moment and awesome ending. Obligatory almost kiss followed by another Shears moment! Smile[/quote

I saw one Youtube video where 11 comments at the time were all how the goat thing is disgusting

About Nico and George, I agree with other post that they should just let them be together, not breaking them up because that would be tiring. I get the will they won’t they concept, but you need to know when to stop doing that over and over. 

Do you think there will be Broken Sword 6 in the future? I would certainly love that, I’m a huge fan of cartoonish adventures, I wish there are more of them. The last I played was Ranaway series and The New Beginning from Pendulo studios - I don’t know if there are any new ones, I don’t keep track of releases.

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

I think there will be another broken sword, but they’ll do other things first.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I think a new Broken Sword will probably happen and I agree that they should be a couple now but first:

Please!

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Think it’s fair to say Bass 2 is likely. They’ve expressed the desire to make it anyway. I would like to see them create something new as well mind.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I recall some official forum message or such stating that Revolution is planning to go on with BASS 2, but that they have some other title as well they’re doing.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

I’m not sure I get what BASS 2 should be. Wasn’t the story completely concluded at the end of the game? Some games can spawn infinite sequels (Broken Sword is definitely in that category), and some games should just be left alone once they’re done (like Grim Fandango). I think BASS belongs in the latter category.

I’d rather Revolution did something new if they (understandably) don’t want to move on to BS6 straight away.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Kurufinwe - 22 April 2014 11:57 AM

I’d rather Revolution did something new if they (understandably) don’t want to move on to BS6 straight away.

Yeah, bring The Adventures of Billy the Goat spinoff on! Tongue

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2006-11-22

PM

Can I just go off topic for a sec and ask - is Beneath a Steel Sky a good game? I never played it. Could I even play it now on Windows 7, did it got a remastered version? I read that it is a DOS game so I presume I could launch it with DosBox?

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

It’s good and it’s free with compatibility for modern systems.

http://www.gog.com/game/beneath_a_steel_sky

Try it

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

In the remastered version of Bass, wasn’t a new ending put in after the credits? I think it was nod to a potential sequel…

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top