• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

zobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Danganronpa

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Needless to say, I’ve got to go with “Danganronpa 2” - this game is one of the better adventure games released in 2014 and a must play.

It is actually improved over the first one and you don’t have to play the first one to enjoy this one.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

zane - 01 September 2014 09:37 PM

hm, i dont have any free time.. not sure whether to start trying to play this or phoenix wright vs layton.

Can’t really go wrong with any choice here, probably start with Phoenix since it’s already out.

Only a couple days for more Danganronpa now!

Total Posts: 187

Joined 2013-11-12

PM

Mikekelly - 02 September 2014 07:00 AM

Needless to say, I’ve got to go with “Danganronpa 2” - this game is one of the better adventure games released in 2014 and a must play.

It is actually improved over the first one and you don’t have to play the first one to enjoy this one.

Heart

I’d strongly disagree here. Not only ss the story (ending) of SDR2 heavily connected to the first game, I also think SDR2 is best enjoyed as a meta-mirror image of the first game (and you’d obviously need to have to played the first game to appreciate that).

“Rationality, that was it. No esoteric mumbo jumbo could fool that fellow. Lord, no! His two feet were planted solidly on God’s good earth” - Ellery Queen, The Lamp of God

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Only a couple days for more Danganronpa now!

It’s out in the US. I’ve now played the beginning of it:

1) You do not have to play the first one at all. Independant story and they introduce you to everything completely.

2) Although both DR2 and ATPL are adventure games - they both are quite good and very different - I would play DR2 first but both are excellent games and well worth adding to your collections.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 187

Joined 2013-11-12

PM

Mikekelly - 02 September 2014 07:52 PM

1) You do not have to play the first one at all. Independant story and they introduce you to everything completely.

Again, I disagree. I assume you haven’t finished the game yet, but SDR2’s story is strongly connected to the first game and includes major spoilers for the first game (seriously, they couldn’t be more major). The last couple of chapters in particular go full-out with that and are basically unenjoyable unless you know the first game. Don’t play SDR2 unless you have played the first one.

“Rationality, that was it. No esoteric mumbo jumbo could fool that fellow. Lord, no! His two feet were planted solidly on God’s good earth” - Ellery Queen, The Lamp of God

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

SDR2’s story is strongly connected to the first game and includes major spoilers for the first game (seriously, they couldn’t be more major). The last couple of chapters in particular go full-out with that and are basically unenjoyable unless you know the first game. Don’t play SDR2 unless you have played the first one.

We’ll, I’m looking forward to the end of this game then. Sounds like they’ve made a major sequel with this game and made this game quite the story addition. So far, the game is great and all I could ask for - the graphics are especially amazing. Some people have posted that you could play this one without playing the second one, they may not have finished the game completely.

Heart

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

So this is happening.

I’m glad. After reading so much praise for the game here, I’m looking forward to finally playing it.

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

I was looking for this topic to post this. Couldn’t find it.

Anyway…I am not a proponent of Steam. Any chance this will be released on GOG.com?
Like the Trails in the Sky games?

I actually own the Danganronpa games on PSP vita but I don’t own a vita lol.
This would be my chance to play them but really dislike steam enough to sit it out and wait for another release.

Also…anyone played Sweet Fuse on PSP? It’s another suspense visual novel but only found out about its release today. Thought I was well aware of the supply of visual novels released in the west.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Great news, finally more people can play it.

Origami - 18 January 2016 11:11 AM

I was looking for this topic to post this. Couldn’t find it.

Anyway…I am not a proponent of Steam. Any chance this will be released on GOG.com?
Like the Trails in the Sky games?

I actually own the Danganronpa games on PSP vita but I don’t own a vita lol.
This would be my chance to play them but really dislike steam enough to sit it out and wait for another release.

Also…anyone played Sweet Fuse on PSP? It’s another suspense visual novel but only found out about its release today. Thought I was well aware of the supply of visual novels released in the west.

Not sure about gog, doesn’t seem like a possibility for now but I think it’s the first game Spike Chunsoft is publishing on Steam so maybe gog will make a deal with them.

I have Sweet Fuse installed on the Vita for a long time but haven’t got around to play it, all I know is that Inafune is a character and I think it’s more of a visual novel

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Kurufinwe - 18 January 2016 10:51 AM

So this is happening.

I’m glad. After reading so much praise for the game here, I’m looking forward to finally playing it.

oh wow, and I just bought them on the Vita yesterday. I have heard so many good things about this series it’s nice to have it accessible to more players.

Total Posts: 419

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

I’ll be all over this the second it’s released.  Thumbs Up  Thumbs Up

NP: A Link Between Worlds, Beneath a Steel Sky and Vampyr

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Im seriously considering buying these on pc even though iv bought both on vita and played through the first one twice. I really wanna see more niche japanese games coming to pc.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I’m not used to seeing the “Trigger Happy Havoc” subtitle, so I didn’t realize this is the first game. Colour me excited! Cool

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

OK, Used PSVITAs are like $119 dollars. The system is amazing because of it’s OLED screen. It is also the only system that has one. So if you like Dangaronpa on the PC please consider Dangaronpa 2 on the PSVITA.

I have many PCs and a NEW 3DS XL, it’s not the same. And I play lots of games on both the PC and NEW 3DS XL.

However, Dangaronpa 3 is also coming out for the PS4 so, in my opinion the more systems games come out on the better.

Heck, the ipad port of Ace Attorney- Dual Destinies was amazing so I do hope Dangaronpa on the PC is great too.

Heart

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

^the vita tv is even much cheaper. (although i dont think theyr making them anymore so im not sure how long that will last.) But they practically give them away for $30ish in clearance sales, and it runs both danganronpas very well.
Also no doubt danganronpa 2 will make its way to pc.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top