• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

kanaifurtrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Danganronpa

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

and it comes with the soundtrack too??? hmm ok ill bite despite having already played this twice Tongue

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

I feel envious of whoever gets to try this game for the first time. I just finished it a week ago, and it is pure brilliance. I really liked playing it on the vita, and I feel it is the right place for it, but it’s great to see more people able to enjoy it.

Total Posts: 187

Joined 2013-11-12

PM

PC, Vita? Pfft, PSP is the only way to go, complete with the /SHT/SHT/ sound the UMDs always makes when it has to load something!

Got me a very cheap PlayStation TV and a free copy of Ultra Despair Girls, so I’ll be going back in Danganronpa for the first time since… something like three years? It’s been a while. Thoguh I still have to wait for my memory card to be delivered (because Vita-specific memory cards was a pretty backwards move of Sony =_=).

“Rationality, that was it. No esoteric mumbo jumbo could fool that fellow. Lord, no! His two feet were planted solidly on God’s good earth” - Ellery Queen, The Lamp of God

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

SoccerDude28 - 18 February 2016 07:01 PM

I feel envious of whoever gets to try this game for the first time.

I played a bit of it yesterday evening (a couple of hours; nobody’s dead yet), and then spent half the night having weird dreams about it. So clearly the game is doing something right.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Kurufinwe - 19 February 2016 04:27 AM
SoccerDude28 - 18 February 2016 07:01 PM

I feel envious of whoever gets to try this game for the first time.

I played a bit of it yesterday evening (a couple of hours; nobody’s dead yet), and then spent half the night having weird dreams about it. So clearly the game is doing something right.

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

I absolutely had weird dreams when i first started playing the game. Its something about the surreal atmosphere and exploration.

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

I caved in and bought it off of Steam when the discount still applies.

Initially I was waiting for a Gog.com release and try to avoid Steam like the plague.

But it might be a long while til it sees a release on Gog.com and might make use of the discount while it applies and just start enjoying this game.

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

I just spent 15 minutes working out the maths to determine the best strategy to get all the presents out of that silly gumball machine.

My life is so sad and meaningless.

Total Posts: 64

Joined 2016-01-21

PM

Have a question, is there a reason the game looks so ugly? I have nothing against the japanese style, i like the look of hotel dusk and another code. The clash of styles is really unappealling. If there is a reason for it like characters coming from different universes then i might understand. Many Thanks

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

GrahamDaventry - 21 February 2016 09:40 AM

Have a question, is there a reason the game looks so ugly? I have nothing against the japanese style, i like the look of hotel dusk and another code. The clash of styles is really unappealling. If there is a reason for it like characters coming from different universes then i might understand. Many Thanks

The game was originally released on PSP, much smaller screen.
I personally care very little about a possible small loss in the visual department during the port.
I play the game 3/4th for its story.

I just finished the prologue. Looking good so far. I like how the game skips hours worth of world building and character development before the story picks up as so happens in many visual novels. 30 minutes in and everything is set up. I am playing the game with English voice cast which I thought would add to the novelty.

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Kurufinwe - 21 February 2016 08:49 AM

I just spent 15 minutes working out the maths to determine the best strategy to get all the presents out of that silly gumball machine.

I want to do this to as I am a 100% completionist and want to make the best choices on my first playthrough. How can I find out what presents to buy when and to give to whom without spoiling the story?

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Origami - 22 February 2016 04:46 PM
Kurufinwe - 21 February 2016 08:49 AM

I want to do this to as I am a 100% completionist and want to make the best choices on my first playthrough. How can I find out what presents to buy when and to give to whom without spoiling the story?

As I understand, there’s a special mode after the game is complete that allows you to finish all the relationship stuff. It’s not possible to do it all in a normal playthrough, even if you know who’s going to die when (which would majorly spoil the story, obviously).

As for the machine, it’s random. What I checked the other day is that the most efficient method is to put coins in one by one, rather than several at a time. Unfortunately, it’s a bit time-consuming when the probability of getting a duplicate approaches 100 %.

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

yeah i maxed out the collections of presents in both this game and the sequel by inserting coins 1 by 1.
It took…some time Tongue
But yeah i recommend not worrying too much about getting relationships maxed, have fun with it and try to max ones if you can. It does not effect the main story. Maxing a relationship does unlock special abilities you can equip mainly for court battles. Not vital in any way. (and now that i think about it, its not necessarily even max to get those abilities, it varies and a couple-ish abilities for each character i think)

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I didn’t get all the items but I think I came close in the second game. I mostly inseretd little number of coins at time.
I tried the PC version a bit, it seems very solid but it’s a bit strange seeing the characters models so big. I’ll definitely replay it (I only played the PSP fan translation of the first game) but closer to the release of the third game.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

GrahamDaventry - 21 February 2016 09:40 AM

I haven’t played the new PC version, but my guess is that the game is designed for the small PSP/PSVITA handheld, so quality might have been lost in translation.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top